CarlosAndSveta

Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

image002_c.jpg?uuid=GsRdjn88EeaNE9fHBO-f
The check to charity from the Trump Foundation.

I wonder if the IRS is precluded by a statute of limitations from doing anything about this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know the Tax implications going back, but if the State of New York revokes their not for profit status that will create havoc with the IRS in proving their Tax Exempt status. I found this.

"Section 6531(2) of the tax code says the statute is six years commencing once the return is filed, or from the time you willfully failed to file a return"

but as they say "the statute never runs out for fraud" with the IRS

'I've never encountered anything so brazen': Report details 'shocking' new revelations about Trump Foundation

gettyimages-608032418.jpgDonald Trump. Joe Raedle/Getty Images

The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold on Tuesday published a series of stunning revelations about Donald Trump's charitable foundation, reporting that the Republican presidential nominee used money from the Trump Foundation to pay for various legal fees.

Trump has not made a single donation to his charity since 2008, and he used money from others in such instances, The Post found.

The cases, which together used $258,000 from the Trump Foundation, may have violated "self-dealing" laws that prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money for self-benefit or the benefit of their for-profit businesses, according to The Post.

"I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I've never encountered anything so brazen," Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington, told The Post, later describing the details as "really shocking."

"If he's using other people's money — run through his foundation — to satisfy his personal obligations, then that's about as blatant an example of self-dealing [as] I've seen in a while," he continued.

Trump could be found in violation of self-dealing rules from the Internal Revenue Service, according to The Post, which could require him to pay penalties or reimburse the foundation's money. He is also facing scrutiny from the New York attorney general's office, which could find him in violation of the state's charity laws.

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign fired off a response to the Post story soon after it was published.

"Clearly the Trump Foundation is as much a charitable organization as Trump University is an institute of higher education," Christina Reynolds, the campaign's deputy communications director, said in a statement. "Trump’s version of charity is taking money from others to settle his own legal issues and buy at least two pictures of himself, which experts say is a clear violation of laws governing charitable organizations."

"Once again, Trump has proven himself a fraud who believes the rules don't apply to him," she continued. "It's past time for him to release his tax returns to show whether his tax issues extend to his own personal finances."

Trump's campaign did not respond to a request for comment from The Post.

Here are some of the other revelations from Fahrenthold:
  • Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach stemming from a dispute over the size of a flagpole. The tallest a flagpole could be in Palm Beach was 42 feet, but Trump insisted on an 80-foot pole, claiming that "you don't need a permit to put up the American flag." The town agreed to waive the fines if Trump's club made a $100,000 donation to a specific veterans charity. But Trump instead sent a check from his foundation, Fahrenthold reported.
  • Trump's New York golf courses agreed to settle a lawsuit by making a donation to the plaintiff's chosen charity, but the $158,000 donation was instead made by the Trump Foundation, according to The Post. The lawsuit was filed after a man, Martin Greenberg, hit a hole-in-one on the 13th hole at Trump's Westchester, New York, golf course during a charity tournament, briefly winning $1 million, which was taken away after it was revealed that the shot did not travel a required 150 yards. Trump's course allegedly made the hole too short.
  • Trump spent $30,000 of foundation money on two portraits of himself.
  • Trump spent $5,000 of foundation money to buy advertisements for his hotel chain.
  • Trump spent $12,000 of foundation money to buy a football helmet signed by former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Darn it guys, this was all to Make America Great Again. Get with the program.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They left out the $25,000 bribe/gift whatever that Trump to give to Florida's AG Pam Bondi's campaign.

Trump_check.jpg

Edited by floridadave

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

April 13, 2011: Married in China.
February 2, 2012: Interview 09:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!
March 2, 2012: POE JFK
March 17, 2012: Received SSN card.
April 5, 2012: 2-yr Green Card in hand

I-751 (ROC)

December 15, 2013: I-751 mailed to USCIS

June 9, 2014: ROC Approved per I-797C received 6-13-2014

June 17, 2014: New 10-yr Green Card in hand!

N-400
March 29, 2017:  N-400 mailed to USCIS
March 31, 2017: N-400 Received by USCIS per I-797C
April 27, 2017:  Biometrics completed
September 23, 2017:  Received I-797C for interview!

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

USCIS case status updated w/same message as email.

November 2, 2017:  Oath ceremony letter received scheduled for Nov. 7, 2017.

November 7, 2017:  Oath Ceremony, Certificate of U.S. Naturalization in hand!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

They left out the $25,000 bribe/gift whatever that Trump to give to Florida's AG Pam Bondi's campaign.

Trump_check.jpg

That was to Make Florida Great Again.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Was there Cheeto dust on the checks?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/election/1-on-1-with-donald-trump

Reporter: Explain why you spent charity money for personal use.

Trump: The Foundation is really rare.

Wot?????? !!!!!

Edited by Jacque67

Timeline

Whether its campaign funds or charity funds, to him its viewed as other people's money to be used as he sees fit. Says he, "There's nothing like doing things with other people's money because it takes the risk -- you get a good chunk out of it and it takes the risk." :wacko:

Note:  I am the U.S. citizen sponsor.  All info below applies to my immigrant wife.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I-130 (CR1)

I-751 (ROC)

N-400

October 24, 2017:  Interview, passed all tests but "decision cannot yet be made"

October 30, 2017:  Received email that Oath ceremony has been scheduled, letter to follow with date and other info. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Timeline

Whether its campaign funds or charity funds, to him its viewed as other people's money to be used as he sees fit. Says he, "There's nothing like doing things with other people's money because it takes the risk -- you get a good chunk out of it and it takes the risk." :wacko:

He better get Conway to rephrase this word salad!!!!!

Timeline

Im a New Yorker. Tried and true, born and bred. I remember when Donald Trump crawled out of the junk bond ooze of the early eighties and swaggered in his cheap suits and tragic combover through the Queens Midtown Tunnel and thought he could play with the big boys.

But, unlike the real big boys in this town, who proved themselves by doing good for their city and doing good for others, Donald Trump, from the very beginning, just wanted recognition. He was the worst of the 80s. He wanted limelight and a high profile but never had the substance or true contribution to society to back it up. He was never a great developer. He was a marketer. He was never a great builder. He was smoke and mirrors. What was clear in 1986 is clear 30 years later. He was never a part of what made New York great. He was what made a great city stumble.

Donald Trump has always been addicted to attentionpositive, negative, didnt make a difference. Thats especially clear in the birther episode; gleefully making his second series of dangerous remarks about Hillary Clinton getting shot; the campaign lying about his opponents record on childcare (crash course: She has a 40-year history on the subject, and the Trump organization doesnt offer it).

(NY observer)

http://observer.com/2016/09/trumps-brand-of-ugly-will-be-the-ruin-of-our-country/

Published by Don's SIL.

Mysterious. Wonder if he knows about it ????!!!!

Timeline

Donald Trump's campaign isn't alone in patronizing his own businesses: taxpayers are indirectly doing so, too.

Federal Election Commission records show that the U.S. Secret Service has paid the Trump campaign about $1.6 million to cover the cost of flying its agents with the candidate on a plane owned and operated by one of his companies.

Story Continued Below

Its standard practice for the agency which is tasked with protecting presidential candidates as well as presidents and other federal officials to reimburse presidential campaigns for the cost of traveling with the candidates.

In fact, the Secret Service has reimbursed the Clinton campaign, too: $2.6 million so far this cycle.

The difference with Trump is that one of his companies, TAG Air, Inc., owns the plane, so the government is effectively paying him.

The Clinton campaign, by contrast, mostly has been chartering planes from a private company called Executive Fliteways in which the Clintons do not have any ownership interest.

The taxpayers are actually reimbursing Trump for the travel of the Secret Service agents," said Brett Kappel, a campaign finance lawyer at the law firm Akerman LLP. "It's just another example of how the Trump campaign has taken an unprecedentedly large amount of its money and spent it at Trump-owned facilities."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-secret-service-campaign-travel-payments-228553#ixzz4L26jNTAM

Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Timeline

Donald Trump's campaign isn't alone in patronizing his own businesses: taxpayers are indirectly doing so, too.

Federal Election Commission records show that the U.S. Secret Service has paid the Trump campaign about $1.6 million to cover the cost of flying its agents with the candidate on a plane owned and operated by one of his companies.

Story Continued Below

Its standard practice for the agency which is tasked with protecting presidential candidates as well as presidents and other federal officials to reimburse presidential campaigns for the cost of traveling with the candidates.

In fact, the Secret Service has reimbursed the Clinton campaign, too: $2.6 million so far this cycle.

The difference with Trump is that one of his companies, TAG Air, Inc., owns the plane, so the government is effectively paying him.

The Clinton campaign, by contrast, mostly has been chartering planes from a private company called Executive Fliteways in which the Clintons do not have any ownership interest.

The taxpayers are actually reimbursing Trump for the travel of the Secret Service agents," said Brett Kappel, a campaign finance lawyer at the law firm Akerman LLP. "It's just another example of how the Trump campaign has taken an unprecedentedly large amount of its money and spent it at Trump-owned facilities."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-secret-service-campaign-travel-payments-228553#ixzz4L26jNTAM

Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

I think the Donald is drooling about the prospect of being elected and closing down gov't offices in Washington D.C. and then relocating them to Trump Tower to collect those rental fees. Cha-Ching.

I-130 (CR1)

I-751 (ROC)

N-400

Timeline

I think the Donald is drooling about the prospect of being elected and closing down gov't offices in Washington D.C. and then relocating them to Trump Tower to collect those rental fees. Cha-Ching.

Ha ha!

This'll make you laugh

https://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjW5cSi7qTPAhUC6WMKHdifCQAQFggQMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2004%2F11%2F12%2Ftrump-jr-is-the-cheapest-gazillionaire-heirhead-proposes-with-free-100g-ring%2F&usg=AFQjCNG8uxslL8MOOWducue1Q3eJd79h-w&sig2=sM740yvk4ARLgxXaNWpv2g