23 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jespirit said:

Hello Montse,

We're you able to obtain your no objection letter? I need the no objection letter as well, my country of origin is Mexico, thank you for the information you can provide as to how to obtain and submit the letter to the Department of state

I think all depends how and why you have the J1 in the first place. I think I answer you in another post

Best of luck 

• 1 month later...

Dear Ani89,

Thanks for your reply, I did receive a scholarship from the Mexican government,  my question is related to once you have the no objection letter, then you need to go to the Mexican Embassy in Washington or El Paso Consulate so that they send the request to the US department of State? can you please share name of the office and place from where your no objection letter was sent? 

On your timeline May 27 ---- No Objection letter sent from Mexico's consulate 

Which office or name of the person that I need to contact to follow the same procedure?

I am a professor and work at UTEP. Thank you for your time 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jespirit said:

Dear Ani89,

Thanks for your reply, I did receive a scholarship from the Mexican government,  my question is related to once you have the no objection letter, then you need to go to the Mexican Embassy in Washington or El Paso Consulate so that they send the request to the US department of State? can you please share name of the office and place from where your no objection letter was sent? 

On your timeline May 27 ---- No Objection letter sent from Mexico's consulate 

Which office or name of the person that I need to contact to follow the same procedure?

I am a professor and work at UTEP. Thank you for your time 

You go to the mexican consulate in el Paso. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ani89,

I will go to the El Paso Consulate, do you remember the name of the office/person at the El Paso Consulate who helped you with the No Objection Letter? Can you share your No Objection letter that was sent to the Department of State? I have been looking for a sample no objection letter statement but I have not been able to find one

Thank you,

• 11 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/11/2019 at 5:44 PM, Jespirit said:

Dear Ani89,

I will go to the El Paso Consulate, do you remember the name of the office/person at the El Paso Consulate who helped you with the No Objection Letter? Can you share your No Objection letter that was sent to the Department of State? I have been looking for a sample no objection letter statement but I have not been able to find one

Thank you,

Hi I'm also in El Paso and want to start the process for the waiver. Can you share a timeline and/or where did you go for the no objection letter?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, Jespirit said:

Dear Ani89,

Thank you,

Dear Jespirit,

Were you able to get the letter from the MX embassy? If so, could you please share the steps? do you send an email, do you contact your nearest consulate, are there any specific requirements?

Thanks and best wishes from another paisano.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, Narolo said:

Hi I'm also in El Paso and want to start the process for the waiver. Can you share a timeline and/or where did you go for the no objection letter?

Dear Narolo,

Have you made any progress regarding the no objection letter? I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks and best wishes from another paisano.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am sorry if I am posting in the incorrect forum. I am also a J-1 visa holder and subject to the "two year rule".

• Has anyone had any luck getting the "no objection letter"?
  • Does it matter if I request this letter in the Austin Consulate? or do I have to go to the El Paso Consulate?

Thank you in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.