zilchfox

Welp, it boils down to this. Interview is tomorrow (K-1).

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ohmygod the interview is tomorrow.

I'm flying out from Calgary to Montreal today (still no idea where I'm staying for 1 night, lol) and I'll be flying back in the evening after the interview tomorrow. It's crazy to think how long it took everything to process, but suddenly it's like "holy #######, it's already tomorrow?!". Shortly, I'm gonna be driving to my parent's place shortly to drop my car off there since they live near the airport so I don't have to bother with airport parking charges.

I feel super prepared though, I've got a large-ish binder of pretty much everything and then some, full of plenty of photographs, sealed medical results from Vancouver, docs, etc.

This is crazy to think -- We've been together for 5+ years, first meeting because we were both artists on deviantart.com and I had an interest in his artwork.

Well, when I'm in Montreal and got a place to stay...what should I do in the meantime? I've never been to Quebec before and I'm told to check out poutine places and such, but is there anything cool around Montreal I should definitely check out while I'm there for my extremely short less-than-24-hour stay?

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline

Goodluck on your interview. Montreal's one of my fav cities in Canada. You should definitely hang out in Old Montreal.. there are cool little shops and bakeries you can try. I like going to "Montreal Poutine" for some authentic poutine.

P.s. hotels are a bit pricey around that area I would start looking asap.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ohmygod the interview is tomorrow.

I'm flying out from Calgary to Montreal today (still no idea where I'm staying for 1 night, lol) and I'll be flying back in the evening after the interview tomorrow. It's crazy to think how long it took everything to process, but suddenly it's like "holy #######, it's already tomorrow?!". Shortly, I'm gonna be driving to my parent's place shortly to drop my car off there since they live near the airport so I don't have to bother with airport parking charges.

I feel super prepared though, I've got a large-ish binder of pretty much everything and then some, full of plenty of photographs, sealed medical results from Vancouver, docs, etc.

This is crazy to think -- We've been together for 5+ years, first meeting because we were both artists on deviantart.com and I had an interest in his artwork.

Well, when I'm in Montreal and got a place to stay...what should I do in the meantime? I've never been to Quebec before and I'm told to check out poutine places and such, but is there anything cool around Montreal I should definitely check out while I'm there for my extremely short less-than-24-hour stay?

Hey! my interview is also tomorrow. I've been in Montreal for the last few days (Did my medical here) and Old Montreal is really cool. There is also a lot of museums and stuff downtown.

Good Luck!

If you're into art (as I am) seriously just poke around the alleyways. There is a ton of very good street art to be found. I would start near the Quartier des Spectatcles and start to head downhill from there back towards Chinatown. I always have great street art hunting when I'm there with my fiance (he lives in Montreal). Good luck!

Timeline

Hey all!

So my visa was approved today! I'm really happy! I will be writing a review about it in the next few hours, it turned out to be actually very easy!

I stayed at Motel Pierre for $68/night which was about 20 minutes from the consulate but it worked.

Thank you for all the good luck, it really helped!

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!! So exciting! Definitely update us on how long it takes for you to get your visa and passport! I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long.

AOS

2/10/2017 -> AOS Package (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) mailed to Chicago Lockbox by USPS

2/21/2017 -> NOA1 received through text and email! 

2/23/2017 -> Physical NOA1 received for all three

3/02/2017 -> RFE (initial evidence) received, needed to send 2016 tax return (filed after package was sent out)

3/10/2017 -> Biometrics letter received.

3/24/2017 -> Biometrics appointment scheduled. 

4/29/2017 -> EAD/AP card received. =)

waiting game begins.....

Timeline

Congrats!

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Congrats Buddy :-). Please share your today's experience.

Yay! Congrats!

Congrats!!! So exciting! Definitely update us on how long it takes for you to get your visa and passport! I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long.

Congrats! Ours is in a few weeks! It's encouraging to see others get great news! :dancing:

Congrats!

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how it all went about. Check my profile for my review of the consulate and my experience! My apologies for it being a wall of text.

And yes, I will definitely update you guys on how long it takes to get the visa and passport. Currently the status says "Ready" and last updated was yesterday. Based on another topic I've made regarding it, it seems to be normal so I hope to have it soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! We were in line with you as well (our interview was at 7:45). My fiancé and I were discussing who you were in the line while reading your review.

We were also approved!

Timeline

Congrats! We were in line with you as well (our interview was at 7:45). My fiancé and I were discussing who you were in the line while reading your review.

We were also approved!

I was wearing a grey sweater and holding a blue binder. :o)

I'm glad to hear you guys got approved, too! There was a gentleman next to me who had a ton of stuff and I wonder if he got approved, we chatted for a while about our cases.

Regardless, now my eyes are glued to the CEAC website checking for status updates! Any movement for you guys yet? So far nothing for me, but I'm like an impatient child at this point, haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.