55 posts in this topic

It says AP

Necessary ap

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

I hope ;) but im so sad...

The worst part is people keep asking whats the deal???

Beats me we were approved is all i can answer. Nothing requested.

Hes never solicited visas hes never traveled never commited crimes medical was clean.

Maybe they are researching me? I dont even know what they research at this point.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I hope ;) but im so sad...

The worst part is people keep asking whats the deal???

Beats me we were approved is all i can answer. Nothing requested.

Hes never solicited visas hes never traveled never commited crimes medical was clean.

Maybe they are researching me? I dont even know what they research at this point.

Usually it's background check which is likely unnecessary since the visa has been approved because they should have done that b4 the interview. But it's for the best. Just relax. I can be tomorrow.

I would be happy for tomorrow but anyway wednesday my senator will email. I hope its a non issue and that they do issue ;)

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I would be happy for tomorrow but anyway wednesday my senator will email. I hope its a non issue and that they do issue ;)

Don't worry it will be issued. Just relax your self. All will be okay

I hope...

I need to move on to worrying about AOS :diablo:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Usually it's background check which is likely unnecessary since the visa has been approved because they should have done that b4 the interview. But it's for the best. Just relax. I can be tomorrow.

No. This check, or any other they wish to complete, can be done at any stage of the process. Any stage. And all you can do is wait. There is no way to expedite AP.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

OM gosh....you are worrying about this visa after this short a time? I wish I had your problems! My husband and I met 5.5 years ago. After 1.5 years we started trying to get married. We met in Serbia since I was not wanting to go to Pakistan at that time. We tried to get married for 2 years in Serbia. They required papers that we never knew about, then next visit, the judge looked at me and roller her eyes (because I'm American). He was told several times he could easily get a business visa, so we waited expentently on that...only to be screwed over...won't go into details on that. So next he moves back to Pakistan...he only moved to Serbia and started a new business because of me. I tried to get a visa last summer to go see him...no dice, took too long, they returned my application, telling me I had to have more paperwork, and my school break was over by the time I could get a visa. So next move, October,I go to Pakistan and we finally find an imam who will marry a Christian and a Muslim (with 3 days to go before I had to return). Then we applied for our CR1 and it took 5 months for Nebraska to open our packet. Then they decided he needed a second divorce paper that took115 days to get, with him going every single day to that government office for almost 4 months in extreme heat with them telling him "soon, soon.". The bad news is USCIS gave us 60 days to get this paper or they would cancel our visa. Thank goodness for senators' offices' help or I think we would be sunk. But they refused to give us an extension, even knowing the papers take a minimum of 90+ days. The papers now have set for nearly 3 weeks on a "supervisor's" desk with no word of what will happen. Meanwhile, he has been hospitalized 3 times during the summer for dehydration and high blood pressure (which he never had before), and 20% of my hair has fallen out. Our health has suffered a lot (and we are both older). His son had to have surgery, his air conditioner went out the day I got there in the heat, we had to stay in a motel, his business had issues that were positively not his fault, my heat pump is going out, and I have to work 6 days a week to keep up with my teaching job. Sooooo....forgive me if I don't have a lot of sympathy for your case. I am beginning to think that in our case, nice guys finish last. My point is that you have hardly had any time to wait at all, dear friend...By the way, I have recommended that he change his first name to Job....

Edited by Love To Teach

OM gosh....you are worrying about this visa after this short a time? I wish I had your problems! My husband and I met 5.5 years ago. After 1.5 years we started trying to get married. We met in Serbia since I was not wanting to go to Pakistan at that time. We tried to get married for 2 years in Serbia. They required papers that we never knew about, then next visit, the judge looked at me and roller her eyes (because I'm American). He was told several times he could easily get a business visa, so we waited expentently on that...only to be screwed over...won't go into details on that. So next he moves back to Pakistan...he only moved to Serbia and started a new business because of me. I tried to get a visa last summer to go see him...no dice, took too long, they returned my application, telling me I had to have more paperwork, and my school break was over by the time I could get a visa. So next move, October,I go to Pakistan and we finally find an imam who will marry a Christian and a Muslim (with 3 days to go before I had to return). Then we applied for our CR1 and it took 5 months for Nebraska to open our packet. Then they decided he needed a second divorce paper that took115 days to get, with him going every single day to that government office for almost 4 months in extreme heat with them telling him "soon, soon.". The bad news is USCIS gave us 60 days to get this paper or they would cancel our visa. Thank goodness for senators' offices' help or I think we would be sunk. But they refused to give us an extension, even knowing the papers take a minimum of 90+ days. The papers now have set for nearly 3 weeks on a "supervisor's" desk with no word of what will happen. Meanwhile, he has been hospitalized 3 times during the summer for dehydration and high blood pressure (which he never had before), and 20% of my hair has fallen out. Our health has suffered a lot (and we are both older). His son had to have surgery, his air conditioner went out the day I got there in the heat, we had to stay in a motel, his business had issues that were positively not his fault, my heat pump is going out, and I have to work 6 days a week to keep up with my teaching job. Sooooo....forgive me if I don't have a lot of sympathy for your case. I am beginning to think that in our case, nice guys finish last. My point is that you have hardly had any time to wait at all, dear friend...By the way, I have recommended that he change his first name to Job....

This is mean :o

First im a K1

Second i was approved nothing was requested of me at the interview.

Third im stuck in AP without a reason other then there checking something.

This is also country specific you cant compare rhe Dominican republic to Pakistan.

Your process is way different then mine (and you have tons of red tape) im again a K1.

Anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

I'm sorry you're still going through this

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

TY jenn :cry: still here indefinitely.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know how you feel but try not to stress yourself out. I noticed when i keep checking the status online hourly or every 30 minutes and find nothing has changed, it just makes me p----d and frustrated so i just had my fiance to do the checking for me?

Yeah my fiancee is responsible for checking i havent slept a full night in weeks i have huge bags under my eyes.

And a perm headache!!

Everyone keeps asking me whats up and he is being laughed at because hes still in DR...

Sometimes i cheat and look :mellow:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm sorry for your delay. When my fiancé was delayed I started the AOS paperwork. I filled in every blank I could and then saved the work in progress so I could return to it when he arrived. It probably didn't save us any time but I felt like I wasn't wasting ALL that time. And when he got here I was already familiar with the next step so there was less stress there. I also wish I'd spent some time looking for volunteer opportunities for him so he could have had something to do right away. I also wish I'd have completed his resume while waiting for his AOS. You could get started on some of those things. I know you'll have plenty of time to do that stuff but it might make you feel like you can control some part of this process.

Edited by JR loves JR

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.