RR&MJL

Greetings from Sri Lanka

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I met her in person and I spent 11 days with her. Now I am back in Sri Lanka. That was the most amazing time I have ever had. We were so comfortable around each other from the first moment that we saw each other. It was a stormy night when I landed in US and I had to wait for more than 2 hours until she picked me up at the airport. She jumped on me, hugged me as she was running towards me after seeing me, a feeling that I will never forget. I got to meet and talk with all her family and they were really nice and hospitable, even though our relationship was a bit of a shock for them. We went to so many places and had a really great time. It was really emotional when we had to say goodbye, but we know that it will be just a temporary goodbye. We are planning to continue with the fiance visa or if possible getting me a job offer so I can move in there and be with her. Thanks all of you for the kind words and looking forward to share my story with you.

Timeline

that was amazing.. looking forward to more stories. keep us on the loop :)

Thanks for your encouraging words from the beginning of this thread. We are planning to submit the petition in late January. I might visit her again in January just before the submission, and then she and her mom would travel back with me to Sri Lanka as well, that way we have more proofs of our relationship.

Omg so beautiful. I have a similar story and am trying to find the way to be together as well. Please post and keep in touch!

Thanks MaggieD. I would love to hear your story as well. Please send me a link if you have any thread opened. I will keep you guys updated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Good luck for both of you. When there's love, and it's genuine, I am sure things will happens naturally. I understand how you feel. I got nervous at the first time I met my fiance too. Haha!. But we knew we got that special feeling and will always have :)

Timeline

Good luck for both of you. When there's love, and it's genuine, I am sure things will happens naturally. I understand how you feel. I got nervous at the first time I met my fiance too. Haha!. But we knew we got that special feeling and will always have :)

Yes, love conquers everything. Thank you for your wishes!

• 8 months later...
Timeline

UPDATE. 

My K1 visa was approved in May and I am moving to the USA this month, in less than 3 weeks. Our wedding is in October, so I will have ample time to get used to the new environment. It has been an amazing journey so far and we are so blessed to be in this position after 3 years. We are actually getting married on our 3rd year anniversary and exactly one year after I proposed to her. :D The timing of this whole process could not have been any better.

As you could see in my original post, I was more worried about her family's approval at first. But since my first and only visit to the USA in last October to now, things could not have gone any better considering how her family treats me. we are so excited to start our new life together and we are sure it's gonna be an adventure like it has been so far. Thank you all for your encouraging words from the beginning and without the information in this forum, it would not have been this easy to get through this process. Thank you all. Cheers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You must feel wonderful!  Thanks for the happy update.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12