Jump to content

Will I be denied a F1 family based immigrant visa while my nullification of my marriage is still pending?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm from the Philippines, back in 2005, I was petitioned by my mother for an F1 immigrant visa for unmarried sons/daughters.
Unfortunately without thinking properly, I got married on 2008, then by 2012 we got separated. I found out that she already married before we met. This prompts me to get and an Attorney last April 2016 and the case will be bigamy and the nullification of marriage will be presented to the court.
Last August, my mother informed me that the NVC has already issued a case number for me and I already on the "IV Application" stage. I'm a bit worried because what if I will be having a visa interview while my nullification of my marriage is still pending.
What would I do to convince the interviewer that my nullification of marriage is pending?
Do I need a waiver coming from the judge that my case is still pending?
Please help. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawyer time

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


no it wasn't voided, since his mom is a USC, she can petition married children,

but as soon as he got married, immigration should have been notified to pass him to the F3 category as a married child

he can't go to the interview unless the marriage is annulled before the interview

lawyer time as said

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I didn't know i'm taking a big risk. I'm thinking if I could delay filling up the DS-260 for few months, then AOS for a few months also until the court decision has been reached. I don't if this is even possible.

My lawyer said the decision of the court would take about a year.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.