afortunada

Changes in Nebraska processing times?

23 posts in this topic

Attorneys don't make the process any faster, in fact they make mistakes also. They can only go by the information you provide them, if something is wrong  in the information you provide, then they have no way of knowing that. 

The guides are very helpful and I filed my husband's CR1 myself.

Good luck!!

Edited by Mary Lou
Edit to add

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mary Lou said:

Attorneys don't make the process any faster, in fact they make mistakes also. They can only go by the information you provide them, if something is wrong  in the information you provide, then they have no way of knowing that. 

The guides are very helpful and I filed my husband's CR1 myself.

Good luck!!

Thats why I said "usually" and "more avoidable." ?

Of course they can make mistakes.. as any human can..

Instead of researching everything yourself, and finding some misleading information.. An experienced (in this field) attorney will be able to help you know/get what you need or answer some questions that usually youd ask on here. If you give them wrong information, its not their fault. 

We filed for IR-1 by ourselves, and I personally think that an attorney isnt needed with the right research and time. But I cant deny that they have made others' processes run more smoothly (My aunt did a fiancee visa 3 yrs ago with an attorney- which helped her a great deal). Especially when I see some people get RFEs because of something they didnt know.. (maybe their English isnt that great or they dont have a lot of time to research what they need for themselves)

Unfortunetly not everyone knows of this website either. 

Good luck, I see that you guys are almost halfway through the USCIS wait ? 

We are right behind you! 

Married 2014-08-31

Filed I130 2016-11-04

Delivered 2016-11-07

NOA1 2016-11-14

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

NOA2 Waiting!!

On 1/20/2017 at 11:24 AM, sajan953 said:

Thats why I said "usually" and "more avoidable." ?

Of course they can make mistakes.. as any human can..

Instead of researching everything yourself, and finding some misleading information.. An experienced (in this field) attorney will be able to help you know/get what you need or answer some questions that usually youd ask on here. If you give them wrong information, its not their fault. 

We filed for IR-1 by ourselves, and I personally think that an attorney isnt needed with the right research and time. But I cant deny that they have made others' processes run more smoothly (My aunt did a fiancee visa 3 yrs ago with an attorney- which helped her a great deal). Especially when I see some people get RFEs because of something they didnt know.. (maybe their English isnt that great or they dont have a lot of time to research what they need for themselves)

Unfortunetly not everyone knows of this website either. 

Good luck, I see that you guys are almost halfway through the USCIS wait ? 

We are right behind you! 

Thank you and good luck you to also!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

16 hours ago, Accord said:

I've seen processing times yo-yo. One month they were behind then it changes again and they were behind further. So, sometimes it doesn't make sense.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/01/17/uscis-announces-new-approach-posting-processing-times - HOPE .....just took a few years....

On January 5, 2017, USCIS announced that it will post processing times using a specific date format rather than weeks or months, and that this is the “first step in providing processing times that are timelier and easier to understand.”  (See below for a copy of the USCIS announcement.)  For many years, the Ombudsman has urged USCIS to explore new approaches to calculating case processing times that more accurately convey to individuals and employers how long a case will take to be adjudicated and where the case is within the processing queue. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We have filed our case on Feb 21st 2017 for IR/CR1 category. My wife is a USC and I am currently working in India. We filed from Houston and at the Nebraska Service Center. The website which shows the processing time isn't moving ahead. It is still stuck at 30th Aug 2016 as of today. The web page mentions, data as of Feb 28th and also last updated on Apr 18. 

Am not sure when would our turn comes. Is Nebraska Service Center still running slow ?

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. 

I was checking the processing times today and on the top of the page it says Processing times as of July 31st. But at the bottom right corner it says last updated September 18, 2017

So which is it really? 

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello , 

I’m also having this problem too . I filed July 24 2017 for my Husband . I’ve received my receipt number , but the processing time is 9 months behind. Even when the system update it is on 2-3 from previous date . Which is not a big change. If anyone have any information on the Nebraska Processing time for applicants in 2017 please let me . It’s my first time doing this and it’s really confusing . My Lawyer said the process takes 6-8 months for approval but that’s not the case for me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.