KCMO

Filing i751 tomorrow! last minute check list.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello my awesome members of VJ! you have contributed a lot of information helping those in need , more so than any attorneys ;) and i thank you for that ! tomorrow i will be filing my i751. forgive me for this long post but i had to write for my own sake and to get some clarity on some issues.

i have everything ready. 6 page cover letter detailing all the evidence i am sending etc.

few things i need to clarify though

i wrote my own name in "in the care of name" for physical address. me and my husband receive our own mails at our apartment.

For uscis elis number i wrote NONE, because as per their site you cannot access your own profile if you created it

prior to aug 2015. i created mine in dec 2014 and paid the fees. no way i can access that account information now not even my elis receipt has the account id. so i wrote none.

i wrote N/A for interpreter , preparer etc etc for almost all lines just to be 'clear'.

i wrote my(i am the conditional resident) USC step child's name and address( she lives with her biological mom and visits us on every alternative weekends) for part 5 , 1.a and in part 11 i added the additional information that she is my step child , my husband's USC child from his previous marriage to clarify any confusion regarding that.

i wrote N/A for province and postal code for from husband's address and for my step daughter's address.

Here are some details about my name. I will give an example with the name 'john doe smith'. Here 'doe' should have been the middle name. but for some reason , my middle name has been added as part of my last name in all the official documents. but in credit card applications and accounts my middle name has been considered my middle name. so basically in all the official documents , the name is for example' doe smith, john'. where as in credit card and insurance papers the name is 'John .d. smith'. so i wrote my name as it is in all the offical documents (the one without the middle name) ,as my primary name in i751. but in the section where it asks 'other names used' i wrote my maiden name plus my name with the middle name as middle name .i hope i am not confusing anyone here. do you think this is ok , have i covered both ways my name is used or is it going to be a problem? i added this in other names because some of documentary evidence i am sending shows my middle name as middle name. and some it as being part of last name.

As for the check list.

In the cover letter i have mentioned that we were married in sep 2013 and i had to wait for over 12 months to receive my greencard in dec 2014. all the USA related financial co'mingling is from dec 2014 to present. and I also have supplied the evidence from sep 2013 to dec 2014 which include paypal and western union money transfers between me and my husband , me and my husband as beneficiary for each other's bank accounts, a letter from my husband's us bank explaining since i did not have a visa or residency at that time i could not be added as a joint holder , (now i am a joint account holder , this happened immediately after i came to US. but could not be added prior to my receiving condiitonal green card and state id). and gift receipts , greetings cards and A LOT of skype chat logs between sep 2013 to dec 2014. Honeymoon trip tickets and photos (though i submitted this honeymoon trip details already for cr1) i hope this is enough as evidence for our time phsyically apart from the day of our marriage, before i came to USA

As for the financial evidence in usa. I have a big list.

Here is what i am sending

Conditional green card receipt from 2014 when i received my conditional green card (for uscis scanning purpose)

Jointly completed and signed i751 form.

a check for 590$ (application fee 505$ +biometrics 85$)

Copy of my green card - front and back.

Copy of our Marriage certificate , with receipt from marriage bureau from my country , and a document showing the record of our international marriage license from public records of jackson county recorder of deeds (from october 2013) ,MO

Copy of My state id received in jan 2015, my learner permit received in may 2016, my drivers license received in june 2016 showing the same address & passport with US visa stamp and my husband listed as my spouse.

Copy of My husband's drivers license and his passport with my country visa stamps.

joint tax IRS transcripts and returns with all schedules for 2014-2015

joint checkings and savings account full statements for each month from jan 2015 to present (both joint with survivorship and tenancy by the entirety between husband and wife accounts)

joint lease contracts with payment statements from our joint bank account for two years & i am listed as emergency

contact for my husband on our apartment property website.

5 credit cards copies and their statements and pages detailing my husband as the authroized user for all of my cards. (this is where i love capital one because they provide both of our names on the statements even though he is an authorized user. where as discover, chase etc show same numbers and both of our names on the card only , statements are addressed to me only).

Joint car title for our second car and me as a TOD (transferable on death) for his primary car that he is paying for (car loan is in his name only, therefore i cannot be added as a joint owner to that).

Utilities - light bills from dec 2014 to present showing both of my husabnd as the main customer and me as the additional customer (it shows both of our names & the same address), gas bills from may 2015 to present in my name, phone bills from may 2015 to present, in his name but with the family plan showing my number and name , shared data usage from the sprint account page. One prepaid phone bill in my name and the same address from Dec 2014

Insurance - Life insurance with each other as beneficiaries, with a recent letter from our insurance company

stating the current active status of our policy.

Joint auto insurance with both of our names for two of our cars. and payment statements from oct 2015 to present.

i was not added to his auto insurance until we bought our second car in nov 2015 and i did not receive my drivers license until june 2016. i have explained this in the cover letter. we dont have health insurance, we cannot yet afford .

my recent work contract from june 2016 which shows my husband as the beneficiary on my 'occupational accidental insurance'

coverage. i am an independent contractor. my husband is too.

Dental bills from 2015 , 2016 and pet adoption, licensing and medical records showing both of our names from july 2015 to present.

one notarized and two sworn affidavit of support letters from both of our families with photos attached.

Lots of Photos from USA with family here (after i came here) and from my country of our wedding

Documents like amusement park tickets, greeting cards , gift receipts and trampoline park tickets, school trip stickers with our names on it , chucky cheese photo prints etc etc showing the family activity with my step daughter and my husband from dec 2014 to present.

Daily whats up chat logs with my family in my country from dec 2014 (after i came to us) inwhich i have regularly mentioned my husband and my step daughter to my parents and sister.

if they ask for more evidence then we will do power of attroney , will etc. (we dont have much assets).

but for now do you feel the evidence i am sending is ok?

also please give your advice on the few points i have mentioned in the begining of this post. thank you!

my whole package is of 5.5 inch documents. and i am sending them in priority mail box. i have used acco fasteners.

Edited by KCMO

Timeline

i have also added an accident claim settlement by progressive insurance addressed to both of us with the copy of the check. and his vehicle tax receipt for 2015 paid by my credit card , so the bill is in his name , receipt has my name .

Edited by KCMO

:time:

thx

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

sorry about that. i had unfact filled my timeline qhen i first got cr1 visa after that i was not very active on vj so my login got expired or soemthing. i created a new one. and now i dont remwmber the exact dates of cr1 process. i havenot looked into creating a timeline after my new account for that reason. i will try to see what i can add

typing from my phone. sorry for typos :/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

List looks good.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Happy chic thank you! yes i have done exactly that , i put my green card and other official id name on i751. and in the other names i put the variation of my current name. Also i have written a detailed cover letter and have put colorful tabs separating the documents with content mentioned on them. i just now mailed our package via priority mail to CSC. now the waiting begins! btw your evidence list looks great!

• 8 months later...
On 9/15/2016 at 0:00 PM, KCMO said:

Hello my awesome members of VJ! you have contributed a lot of information helping those in need , more so than any attorneys ;) and i thank you for that ! tomorrow i will be filing my i751. forgive me for this long post but i had to write for my own sake and to get some clarity on some issues.

i have everything ready. 6 page cover letter detailing all the evidence i am sending etc.

few things i need to clarify though

i wrote my own name in "in the care of name" for physical address. me and my husband receive our own mails at our apartment.

For uscis elis number i wrote NONE, because as per their site you cannot access your own profile if you created it

prior to aug 2015. i created mine in dec 2014 and paid the fees. no way i can access that account information now not even my elis receipt has the account id. so i wrote none.

i wrote N/A for interpreter , preparer etc etc for almost all lines just to be 'clear'.

i wrote my(i am the conditional resident) USC step child's name and address( she lives with her biological mom and visits us on every alternative weekends) for part 5 , 1.a and in part 11 i added the additional information that she is my step child , my husband's USC child from his previous marriage to clarify any confusion regarding that.

i wrote N/A for province and postal code for from husband's address and for my step daughter's address.

Here are some details about my name. I will give an example with the name 'john doe smith'. Here 'doe' should have been the middle name. but for some reason , my middle name has been added as part of my last name in all the official documents. but in credit card applications and accounts my middle name has been considered my middle name. so basically in all the official documents , the name is for example' doe smith, john'. where as in credit card and insurance papers the name is 'John .d. smith'. so i wrote my name as it is in all the offical documents (the one without the middle name) ,as my primary name in i751. but in the section where it asks 'other names used' i wrote my maiden name plus my name with the middle name as middle name .i hope i am not confusing anyone here. do you think this is ok , have i covered both ways my name is used or is it going to be a problem? i added this in other names because some of documentary evidence i am sending shows my middle name as middle name. and some it as being part of last name.

As for the check list.

In the cover letter i have mentioned that we were married in sep 2013 and i had to wait for over 12 months to receive my greencard in dec 2014. all the USA related financial co'mingling is from dec 2014 to present. and I also have supplied the evidence from sep 2013 to dec 2014 which include paypal and western union money transfers between me and my husband , me and my husband as beneficiary for each other's bank accounts, a letter from my husband's us bank explaining since i did not have a visa or residency at that time i could not be added as a joint holder , (now i am a joint account holder , this happened immediately after i came to US. but could not be added prior to my receiving condiitonal green card and state id). and gift receipts , greetings cards and A LOT of skype chat logs between sep 2013 to dec 2014. Honeymoon trip tickets and photos (though i submitted this honeymoon trip details already for cr1) i hope this is enough as evidence for our time phsyically apart from the day of our marriage, before i came to USA

As for the financial evidence in usa. I have a big list.

Here is what i am sending

Conditional green card receipt from 2014 when i received my conditional green card (for uscis scanning purpose)

Jointly completed and signed i751 form.

a check for 590$ (application fee 505$ +biometrics 85$)

Copy of my green card - front and back.

Copy of our Marriage certificate , with receipt from marriage bureau from my country , and a document showing the record of our international marriage license from public records of jackson county recorder of deeds (from october 2013) ,MO

Copy of My state id received in jan 2015, my learner permit received in may 2016, my drivers license received in june 2016 showing the same address & passport with US visa stamp and my husband listed as my spouse.

Copy of My husband's drivers license and his passport with my country visa stamps.

joint tax IRS transcripts and returns with all schedules for 2014-2015

joint checkings and savings account full statements for each month from jan 2015 to present (both joint with survivorship and tenancy by the entirety between husband and wife accounts)

joint lease contracts with payment statements from our joint bank account for two years & i am listed as emergency

contact for my husband on our apartment property website.

5 credit cards copies and their statements and pages detailing my husband as the authroized user for all of my cards. (this is where i love capital one because they provide both of our names on the statements even though he is an authorized user. where as discover, chase etc show same numbers and both of our names on the card only , statements are addressed to me only).

Joint car title for our second car and me as a TOD (transferable on death) for his primary car that he is paying for (car loan is in his name only, therefore i cannot be added as a joint owner to that).

Utilities - light bills from dec 2014 to present showing both of my husabnd as the main customer and me as the additional customer (it shows both of our names & the same address), gas bills from may 2015 to present in my name, phone bills from may 2015 to present, in his name but with the family plan showing my number and name , shared data usage from the sprint account page. One prepaid phone bill in my name and the same address from Dec 2014

Insurance - Life insurance with each other as beneficiaries, with a recent letter from our insurance company

stating the current active status of our policy.

Joint auto insurance with both of our names for two of our cars. and payment statements from oct 2015 to present.

i was not added to his auto insurance until we bought our second car in nov 2015 and i did not receive my drivers license until june 2016. i have explained this in the cover letter. we dont have health insurance, we cannot yet afford .

my recent work contract from june 2016 which shows my husband as the beneficiary on my 'occupational accidental insurance'

coverage. i am an independent contractor. my husband is too.

Dental bills from 2015 , 2016 and pet adoption, licensing and medical records showing both of our names from july 2015 to present.

one notarized and two sworn affidavit of support letters from both of our families with photos attached.

Lots of Photos from USA with family here (after i came here) and from my country of our wedding

Documents like amusement park tickets, greeting cards , gift receipts and trampoline park tickets, school trip stickers with our names on it , chucky cheese photo prints etc etc showing the family activity with my step daughter and my husband from dec 2014 to present.

Daily whats up chat logs with my family in my country from dec 2014 (after i came to us) inwhich i have regularly mentioned my husband and my step daughter to my parents and sister.

if they ask for more evidence then we will do power of attroney , will etc. (we dont have much assets).

but for now do you feel the evidence i am sending is ok?

also please give your advice on the few points i have mentioned in the begining of this post. thank you!

my whole package is of 5.5 inch documents. and i am sending them in priority mail box. i have used acco fasteners.

I just found your post and you are in the same position as us. I was separate from my husband for nearly a year while waiting for my green card. Did you have to go for interview yet or have you had any problems since sending in your application? For your Paypal payments between you, did you send the paypal transactions or did you send bank statements to show the payments going into your account? I was going to send both but my pack is getting huge :D

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.