MRC0269

K1 Visa denied to my Filipina Fiancee

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My k1 visa was denied as well . my husband and I have 9 years age difference . And the lady who did my K1 interview was not friendly and did not look at any of the documents i took with me for interview. She even told me , if he loves you then may be he will come and marry you and then you can file for spousal visa. this is after waiting for 2 years apart with finances being very tight to travel to see each other. we did daily skype calls morning and evening . i love what someone wrote. USCIS cannot stop true love , but only can delay it. My husband flew immediately after (jeopardizing his job) to marry me and start the I130 process. this time we were prepared. our families were full on active support to get us to be together . My family arranged the wedding inviting over 300 guests , his family supported him by sponsoring his trip tickets. etc. my uncle agreed to be the AOS joint sponsor. we recorded each and everything in document. this time we did not hire any attorney , during K1 visa we did and he was totally useless. this time i researched VISA JOURNEY. and learnt that front loading the petition will very much help .that exactly what i did. i sent everything i could find. our years of skype chat logs, fb messages, emails and lots of wedding photos with family being with us , gift receipts etc and paypal western union money transfers (the importance of which i learnt from visa journey and it is helping me even now as evidence to lift conditons on my green card). with all that , finally after waiting for 12 months , my interview was scheduled. some of my best friends adviced me to speaks facts and not let get emotions get in the way. just speak truth and facts and dont take them scrutinizing personally . speak truthfully and clearly. i did. i had two interviews and i sucessfully explained everything about our bond and connection and life. finally i was approved . My husabnd was even ready to leave US to be with me in my country . but i know it is difficult because i have a beautiful little step daughter , his daughter whom i wanted to be with and i would not bear to feel like he has to make a choice here. i explained this as well in my interview. after i came here and got my conditional green card, i did lot of research on lifting conditions ,i751 evidence. and we prepared for that from the moment i came here. this friday i will be mailing a BIG package full of solid evidence of joint finances and co-mingling etc etc to USCIS. i totally expect them to approve my 10 year GC. i just now hugged my husband as he was going out to work , and told him that i am reading visajourney and it reminds me of our difficult journey to be together and i never take for a moment with him for granted. its very true , that USCIS cannot stop true love. If you cannot resolve K1 , Go and get married to her and front load the I130 petition and speak your truth in the interview. You will be together. uscis can only delay you . they are pretty sensible ,if they see enough documents and your truth explained to them , they will issue visa. goodluck! never give up . this whole immigration process makes us document our life , LOL!.

Timeline

I really appreciate for your time and detailed information!

That really means a lot and has helped me....along with the others that have posted.

We will be together! I will wait until that time and keep fighting for her!

God Bless !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Salamat Ebunoluwa for this post. RodDetroit grossly generalized a common misconception and managed to insult many people. My wife is Filipina (obviously) and there is a 29 year difference. She, and ALL of the many friends we know from the Philippines are honest, loving and beautiful women. The post you responded to was off-topic and an invalid opinion. As the moderators have said on many occasions, keep your replies on-point and helpful or don't post at all. OP--good luck in getting this resolved and moving on with your life.

Call it whatever you want it but the USCIS works on facts and thats why one of many reasons why its really hard for a Filipino national to get a visa of any kind, same thing if they try to go to Canada or western Europe. Think about it, isnt it intersting that it's always young women interested on marrying a much older guy and never all the way around?, they know what strings must be pulled, they are in love with the idea of the life they are going to have in the US and this is weather you're in the picture on not. This forum proves my point every day, open up your eyes. Compare the number of users ( 90% must be women ) from the Philippines with any other country .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i feel any type of generalization is wrong. they are individuals who misuse love for immigration benefits and then there are people who genuinely care and love each other. we cannot separate a country or race or gender and generalize them all in one category. age does not matter when you can recognise the soul bond. it may sound cheesy but its true that sometimes there are older people with the maturity of a teen and a young person with the maturity of an old soul. what in most genuine relationships people recognize in each other is, qualities such as companionship, understanding, humor and feeling of deep comfort and matching of the mental and emotional age more than 'physical age'. what is 'normal' may not be 'natural' always. what is 'natural' can look so very different than the normal.;)May be rod detroit have had some experiences that made him or her believe that most filippino women are a certain way , but there are other people with different experiences too. to all ,who are struggling to get their wives and fiances to be with them through this long lrocess of USCIS , my bestest wishes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Call it whatever you want it but the USCIS works on facts and thats why one of many reasons why its really hard for a Filipino national to get a visa of any kind, same thing if they try to go to Canada or western Europe. Think about it, isnt it intersting that it's always young women interested on marrying a much older guy and never all the way around?, they know what strings must be pulled, they are in love with the idea of the life they are going to have in the US and this is weather you're in the picture on not. This forum proves my point every day, open up your eyes. Compare the number of users ( 90% must be women ) from the Philippines with any other country .

Meh, the Philippines' greatest export is people - they have too many for their natural resources. So, they are going to attempt to find ways out, either to work or move abroad. I don't see a problem with it as long as they are intending to remain committed to their foreign spouses and not pull some fake VAWA scam. Older guy gets a young wife/maid out of it and younger woman gets some security and potentially a better life. As long as they are both aware what is going on, no problems.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

I talked to my 1st wife this morning. ..that I married in 1990 and she said she would write a letter and stating that Domestic Violence was never an issue in our marriage and that I did not even drink during the time of the marriage.

I talked to my 2nd wife and she said she would also write a letter saying that Domestic violence or drinking was never an issue until the last day we were together and she said she would state the truth that I didn't physically touch here but that I did smack the phone out of her hand....just like I did....and I admitted to...but domestic violence was never an issue in our marriage.

That has got to help for something????

What you think???

Edited by MRC0269

Timeline

My ex wife took out DV charges not because I smacked the phone out of her hand...but because she knew...that I would get kicked out of my house instead of her for a few months until she could find a place if her own....she was able to save her money for 3 months.

She moved in with nothing but clothes and left with everything in the house...didn't leave a fork...but that's in the past.

I let it go and started over. I make much more money than her and was able to start over much easier.

I don't hold it against her because I know she was doing the best for her and her 2 girls I helped raise from the age of 3 and 9 until the age of 13 and 19....

I let it go and moved on...I am friends with them and have no issues.

So...that's not a problem....I understand why she did what she did for certain reasons...I think that is why she agreed to write a letter to the embassy.

Timeline

I think having two letters signed and notarized, along with a court transcript describing the event would go a long way in your case, I have been following Vj for over a year and do not recall a case where they asked the beneficiary to come back, so it is a positive that she was not out right denied. I will say having attempted to get my fiancé a tourist visa three times, yes I am stubborn like that, all three times the COs kind of voice their own opinions, as your fiancees did. Jeans told her you will get to America , just wait for your fiancé visa. She was in Nursing school and I did not want to pull her out while we went through AOS. I do believe your story and your strong beliefs in your relationship. My journey has been over three years, many on VJ have much longer journeys. Get on your horse get those signed in blue ink and hopefully notarized letters from your exes and overnight them to your fiancee, yes it will cost a small fortune, but you need those papers in her hand as originals in my opinion ,good luck and keep us posted.

Filed: Timeline

You sir are waaay out of line and know NOTHING about the Philippines obviously. In the Philippines the women are brought up to respect and marry men much older than them even in their own culture it is very common to see a 20 year old Filipina woman married to a 40 or 50+ year old Filipino man, it doesnt matter if they seek a foreigner or a local Filipino citizen, the women there are seeking an older man because older men are less likely to cheat, are far more financially stable, and less likely to be abusive. What these women want, is a man who is stable who will love and provide for them forever till one of them dies of old age, in return they offer devoted loyalty which rivals women of any other country. ALL of the Filipino women I dated in the past, preferred if I were to move to their country to live with them, even offering they will support me since foreigners cannot work in the Philippines (except for foreign companies based there, goodluck!), their only desire to come to the US is so they can be with their husband. The difficult part is getting them to stay, many Filipino women within the first 2 years get homesick and wanting to go back home to Philippines, but if you can get past that homesick stage they are with you for life unless you abuse or cheat.

I've heard that it's a myth about how common younger women marrying older men in the Philippines. Generalization works both ways, because people are people no matter which country you are from.

OP, as some have suggested, it would be best if you could be at the next interview if that's the next step.

My husband (USC) has a felony on his record from the 1990s. Because of this he was denied a spousal visa for the UK. So we are now on plan B which is a spousal visa for me for the USA. They won't stop us being together. No alcohol or violence involved in my husband's case.

What I did with our I-130 petition was photocopy the entire bundle of documents pertaining to his case, arrest record, sentencing (he pled guilty so waived his right to a trial) and his incarceration records (behaviour, etc). These were on old style typed pages and I copied the lot and signed each page to prove that it has been in my possession, in other words, proved that I knew everything about his case. There were even notes that the 911 responder made. It might be something you want to consider doing. It took a while to get hold of all the documents but with some help we managed it.

We have been on our visa journey for almost two years now, including our UK denial. You need lots of patience for this.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Timeline

You heard wrong, i'm not going to argue either of you on this because you dont know enough from real experience about the Philippines and its a waste of my time to argue someone about a topic they know absolutely nothing about and have absolutely no real basis of truth to backup their accusations or assumptions. Try dating them for 5+ years, make friends with some Filipina get to know them by talking and asking, better yet go there and see for yourself and you'll see there are a lot of young women with older men 10-20-40 years age difference. Stick to the OP topic and stop feeding negativity on other cultures.

Why such angry tone? I have friends who are from the Philippines and also colleagues as well, which is my source. I'm not here to disparage another culture. Just saying what I've heard, whether you agree with me or not. FWIW, I don't agree with the original person you responded to.

Whether there are a lot of young women with older men from such country I don't care, that's between them. I'm sorry if you felt I was being negative about one culture, because I wasn't. My comment about generalization working both ways is because you did it as well. My post will probably get deleted, and that's OK.

Timeline

I am not here to argue or debate...why young Filipina would a

want to be with an old man like me...I came here for friendly advice. i have told all the truth about me...because if I did not...your replies and opinions would not help me. I have told you what I have done in my past and the issues they see and what she has told me the consulate told her.

I don't know if she has told all of the truth or not? I have to trust her....I did not tell her about my DUI in 2000....so she had to have went to the embassy...and she told me they told her to talk to me and reschedule later....call the embassy landline and when she goes back to go to window 31 ??? I don't know what window 31 means and I was not there for the interview. All I know is that they said my DUI...2 divorces...my assault on a female...and the age difference had them worried about her safety and she needs to talk to me about it to make sure it never happens again and reschedule her appointment.

I am just asking for any advice...God Bless and Thanks!!

Edited by MRC0269

Timeline

My fiancée said they asked her if she knew I had DUI? They told her about my DUI...I guess they did a complete background check on be before she got there?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.