EbjoSackey_2016

I need K1 Visa QUESTIONS some consulate ask

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Everyone's case is different the things they asked my hubby won't necessarily be what they ask you, your questions will be based on what is in your petition, so make sure your know what was sent with your petition from your petitioner, good luck Ghana is a very tough embassy

Try this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ghana&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

You can read through the reviews there. Many people include the questions the were asked by the counselor official.

Goof luck!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The CO will ask the questions base on what is in your petition like Mrs Bonsu said and also whatever supporting evidence you provided that day. CO reviews your case file before the interview begins.

Edited by Akua38

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You don't need to know the questions beforehand if your relationship is real. You don't need to rehearse, you just answer truthfully to any question you get and you'll be perfectly fine.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Some people have commented that the evidence brought for the interview was never looked through. Is the beneficiary able to pull things out of the binder while interview is going on? like When applicable is it ok to demonstrate?

If the examiner asks a question that can be answered with a document or photograph(s) can it be pulled out:
For example, if the examiner asks, "What does your family think of your husband?", giving a picture of couple with your answer; "They like him very much. Here is a picture of him with my mother and father at my parent's home."

would this be allowed?

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Timeline

Some people have commented that the evidence brought for the interview was never looked through. Is the beneficiary able to pull things out of the binder while interview is going on? like When applicable is it ok to demonstrate?

If the examiner asks a question that can be answered with a document or photograph(s) can it be pulled out:

For example, if the examiner asks, "What does your family think of your husband?", giving a picture of couple with your answer; "They like him very much. Here is a picture of him with my mother and father at my parent's home."

would this be allowed?

I really think it's gonna depend on the consular officer you get, some won't except this type of pics with your answer, most of the time they don't look at what you bring they mostly concentrate on what was recieved in your petition from NVC and that is also how they base the questions by what's in your file, no one can really say they may ask one person 10 questions and the next person they could only ask 2, we can only post based on experiences of our selves or people we may know, during the interview for my husband the consular asked us to bring things of certain proof and I printed those items out, while at the window she didn't wanna see these items that she asked for so I shoved them in her window, Was I wrong? Maybe, but she started with a bad and I ended with one, but don't follow my bad apple experience lol, I see people posting now that they are not letting us in with your fiancée or spouse, with they way they treat people in there in sure someone showed out far worse than I did, good luck ?

Timeline

You don't need to know the questions beforehand if your relationship is real. You don't need to rehearse, you just answer truthfully to any question you get and you'll be perfectly fine.

Try that at a job interview and see, how many skilled job interviews you nail.

It has nothing to do with real or fake.

If OP answers questions with long stories or long background stories, CO would cut the interview short and OP will miss the opportunity to land at the answers.

So you need to practice and know how to answer questions precisely and straight to the point.

When I see folks from easy embassy with this attitude like [ if it's real you get through]. How many of the divorce and marriage scams haven't you read about on here? Those "real' people got here. While genuine couples had to go through more than 2 times to get approved.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Go through the Ghana embassy reviews and see the type of questions they typically ask. That will give you an idea on how to prepare.

But in all, everyone agrees that truthfulness, confidence and brief answers should be your focus.

Good luck!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Most cases revolve around the same exact questions.. Name of fiance, name of petitioner, dates of birth, names of children, are you engaged, were you ever arrested, dates of your fiance divorce, kids names what are your plans, etc etc, 99% comes right off of your application and any questions might be generated from that.

You should prepare so you wont be nervous. You need to look cool and confident, look them in the eye. Know your fiance and they should know you.

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Timeline

Most cases revolve around the same exact questions.. Name of fiance, name of petitioner, dates of birth, names of children, are you engaged, were you ever arrested, dates of your fiance divorce, kids names what are your plans, etc etc, 99% comes right off of your application and any questions might be generated from that.

You should prepare so you wont be nervous. You need to look cool and confident, look them in the eye. Know your fiance and they should know you.

Obviously you've never been through Ghana embassy, they don't use a book and will lie to your face and make up issues!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Obviously you've never been through Ghana embassy, they don't use a book and will lie to your face and make up issues!

No I have not been through the Ghanna embassy but have friends that experienced it. These higher fraud countries are always difficult, but I haven't heard anyone that the CO is pulling things out of thin air. They are basing things on your application or trends that country specific things experience. That's why preparation is important and examining country pages to see what others experience. It's a shame that a few unscrupulous people make it hard for the honest ones.

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

not true. practice practice practice. and word your answers wisely too. i know because i have a real relationship and we have been through that embassy. for instance the question of, " have you had a knocking?". instead of " no" which is the only answer the consular wants to hear. you say " no not yet, that will be done once i get there" that makes it completely different because now you told the counsular that , hey a plan to have such an important part of the traditional custom will take place, it just hasn't happened yet. more convincing than a plain no with no feeling.

also make sure your answers are short but informing, however not robotic. practice ways of answering it. Ghanaians tend to be pretty timid when talking to americans. maybe because of an accent they may or think they have. so when you practice , even if you speak the best english , your answers will be clearer and just sound better. and when nervousness strucks. someone can ask you if you have kids and though you may not have any, you spit out a number hahahahah and then your like " maame sorry i did not hear you " trust me if you do anything like that, " DENIED" so please listen. go through the ghana portal you will see questions and also my portal, i put a lot on there. and if i am not mistaken, i sent you a whole list already lol good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.