lostinblue

Chelsea Clinton just called Trump ‘misogynistic’ and ‘sexist.

60 posts in this topic

And yet, none of that has to do with PC. PC goes way beyond that, and it shouldn't. Purple penguin, anyone? Give me a break.

I don't think there is anything wrong with America any more than there is with most countries, but sure there are some things that could be fixed/changed...just like anyone on the left would say the same, only we'd be looking at different things and different ways to change them. There's always room for change. There are many policies from the last 8 years but also from before that that I'd be very happy if they changed.

Anyway, the point still is generalizing about people you don't even know is very ignorant. I certainly don't do that about Clinton supporters, OR about Trump supporters. I actually know some of both, but I know no one that wants what you wrote.

Ow so there is nothing wrong with America? So why are people voting for a guy who is lying saying something is wrong with America and it isn't?

Ow generalizations, now you're concerned with generalizations? Cause you have no problem with people on here calling black people, Muslims and Hispanics thugs, hood rats, terrorists, illegals, etc. So you should check yourself.

You know 99% of Trump supporters? Wow. Here's another perfect example of prejudice, just like we were talking about yesterday,

1. PC is not about respect it's all about control, and PC these days has become ridiculous. You can't even call things the way they are because it might "offend someone"...boohoo, what happened to freedom of speech?

2. Never seen him promise such a thing. You guys are simply making stuff up.

3. Again, simply making stuff up.

I can guarantee you of the 3 only #1 will happen and that's actually a good thing. But he's not getting in anyway so what are you all worried about?

1. So tell me, what's wrong with telling someone how it is without attacking their skin color, their gender, sexual preference, or religion? Because let me be blunt, folks that are against PC? That's what they want, plain and simple. They want to the ability to use more "descriptive" words when they talk about/to someone and escape the repercussions when they catch one in the mouth. That's why they're so mad when it's called workplace violence or can't say Islamic terrorism. You want to ability to generalize an entire demographic, the very same thing you're accusing Janelle of doing.

2, Oh, but there are plenty of Trump supporters that think this. If this is incorrect, you should say so. What? You don't know any Trump supporters who think this way you say? Fear not! We have one right here on VJ:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/609108-seven-gas-cylinders-found-in-car-close-to-notre-dame-cathedral-in-paris/

After Trump is running Washington we will not have to put up with this PC stuff

Instead of checking my wife, walk the walk. Because it's easy to go after the person calling out the wrongdoer. Show us what you're working with! Tell him that's he's wrong. You shouldn't have a problem with it, since you quick to come at Janelle.

3. Nope. Everyone knows WW benefit more from AA than anyone else. Tons of research to prove it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/affirmative-action-white-women_us_56a0ef6ae4b0d8cc1098d3a5

But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America.

She's worried because as much as Trump breaks the rules, he's still here. Almost everyone is ignoring his ignorance and hatred, which should have people very afraid.

And yet, none of that has to do with PC. PC goes way beyond that, and it shouldn't. Purple penguin, anyone? Give me a break.

I don't think there is anything wrong with America any more than there is with most countries, but sure there are some things that could be fixed/changed...just like anyone on the left would say the same, only we'd be looking at different things and different ways to change them. There's always room for change. There are many policies from the last 8 years but also from before that that I'd be very happy if they changed.

Anyway, the point still is generalizing about people you don't even know is very ignorant. I certainly don't do that about Clinton supporters, OR about Trump supporters. I actually know some of both, but I know no one that wants what you wrote.

Look at the contrast between Trump and Clinton rallies. How many rallies have there been where someone was hurt? Spit on? Kicked out? Jumped? None for Clinton. All for Trump. When you have racial slurs being yelled at a majority of his rallies, but none for hers, there's an issue. Which is funny how here, you and Trump supporters make it a point to downplay or flat out ignore these incidents. What does that say about you? You went as far as to yawn when it was pointed out.

20+. That's how many incidents have happened with Trump. If Clinton had one where someone was beaten up, she would have to drop out of the race. Trump gets to joke about it and say he'll pay for the defense. He gets to advocate violence, while she gets punished for coughing.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Ow so there is nothing wrong with America? So why are people voting for a guy who is lying saying something is wrong with America and it isn't?

Ow generalizations, now you're concerned with generalizations? Cause you have no problem with people on here calling black people, Muslims and Hispanics thugs, hood rats, terrorists, illegals, etc. So you should check yourself.

Something hurting you? I got some bandaids if you need any.

1. So tell me, what's wrong with telling someone how it is without attacking their skin color, their gender, sexual preference, or religion? Because let me be blunt, folks that are against PC? That's what they want, plain and simple. They want to the ability to use more "descriptive" words when they talk about/to someone and escape the repercussions when they catch one in the mouth. That's why they're so mad when it's called workplace violence or can't say Islamic terrorism. You want to ability to generalize an entire demographic, the very same thing you're accusing Janelle of doing.

2, Oh, but there are plenty of Trump supporters that think this. If this is incorrect, you should say so. What? You don't know any Trump supporters who think this way you say? Fear not! We have one right here on VJ:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/609108-seven-gas-cylinders-found-in-car-close-to-notre-dame-cathedral-in-paris/

After Trump is running Washington we will not have to put up with this PC stuff

Instead of checking my wife, walk the walk. Because it's easy to go after the person calling out the wrongdoer. Show us what you're working with! Tell him that's he's wrong. You shouldn't have a problem with it, since you quick to come at Janelle.

3. Nope. Everyone knows WW benefit more from AA than anyone else. Tons of research to prove it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/affirmative-action-white-women_us_56a0ef6ae4b0d8cc1098d3a5

But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America.

She's worried because as much as Trump breaks the rules, he's still here. Almost everyone is ignoring his ignorance and hatred, which should have people very afraid.

Look at the contrast between Trump and Clinton rallies. How many rallies have there been where someone was hurt? Spit on? Kicked out? Jumped? None for Clinton. All for Trump. When you have racial slurs being yelled at a majority of his rallies, but none for hers, there's an issue. Which is funny how here, you and Trump supporters make it a point to downplay or flat out ignore these incidents. What does that say about you? You went as far as to yawn when it was pointed out.

20+. That's how many incidents have happened with Trump. If Clinton had one where someone was beaten up, she would have to drop out of the race. Trump gets to joke about it and say he'll pay for the defense. He gets to advocate violence, while she gets punished for coughing.

And after all this blah blah blah by both of you *yawns* two things remain the same:

You cannot know that 99% of Trump supporters want these things or are racist. Also, I never said there is nothing wrong with America, I said as with every place there are things that can or should be changed, but I don't think America is a horrible place and neither do the people you try to portray as such.

This: Cause you have no problem with people on here calling black people, Muslims and Hispanics thugs, hood rats, terrorists, illegals, etc. So you should check yourself.

Wins the award of stupidest comment of the day. I have never called nor encouraged anybody to call black people, muslims or hispanics thugs, hood rats, terrorists, illegals or anything else. But nice try. If you keep turning this personal you're going to have an issue. Fact remains I am not racist towards anybody, some of my best friends are black or half black, let alone parts of my family. There is nothing wrong with telling someone how it is without attacking them, that's not what this whole PC is about so you are way off course yet again. It's about ridiculous things like this:

words from our vernacular, others have begun to attack correct grammar as offensive. UCLA professor Val Rust thought he was just doing his job by correcting the spelling and grammatical errors he found in his students’ papers in a graduate-level class, but when students got their papers back, some of them alleged that the spelling and grammar corrections were a form of microaggression against the students, some of whom were minorities.

The offended students claimed that the spelling and grammar corrections were a part of a “hostile campus climate” for students of color. They argued that the professor’s corrections of their incorrect spelling and grammar were themselves incorrect because they were “perceived grammatical choices that in actuality reflect ideologies.”

Or this:

The next time you chow down on a burrito, think twice. It might offend someone if you do it in the wrong context. That’s how students at Stevenson College found themselves in an unexpected controversy.

Students at Stevenson College in Santa Cruz, California, held a science fiction event that featured pictures of spaceships and aliens. The sci-fi enthusiasts quickly found themselves in trouble with the school’s administrators because of their choice of food at the event. The students who organized the event purportedly chose to serve Mexican food at the party because “they hadn’t yet had Mexican food for one of these events” and couldn’t find any food that was “space-related.”

One student didn’t see it that way and wrote a complaint to a school administrator alleging that the choice of burritos at the alien-themed event was offensive because it made “a connection between individuals of Latino heritage or undocumented students and ‘aliens.’ ”

Or this:

Students at the University of New Hampshire had their vocabulary drastically shortened for the sake of political correctness. The university gave its students a series of resources on its website so they could tackle their college life, including a “bias-free language guide” that instructs students to stop using a long list of seemingly inoffensive and common words.

The university offered alternative phrases to replace the offensive word. The guide claimed the word “homosexual” was not politically correct enough and should be replaced with the term “same gender loving.” “American” is offensive because using the term implies that the US is the only country in the continents of North and South America. (It’s certainly imprecise, even if finding it offensive is a bit of a stretch.)

Similarly, the guide instructed its students to stop using the word “Caucasian” and instead use the more politically correct “European-American individuals.” “Elderly” was replaced by “people of an advanced age,” and “healthy” with “non-disabled individual.” The guide would also complicate parental visits; students were told the words “mothering” or “fathering” should no longer be used. According to the guide, students should “avoid gendering a non-gendered activity.”

After the language guide was exposed to the public at large, University of New Hampshire’s president distanced himself and his administration from the bias-free guide two years after it was developed by university students. President Huddleston said that he was “troubled by many things” in the guide and clarified that it was not official policy of the University of New Hampshire. The language guide was then removed from the university’s website.

More yet:

Nebraska school district has instructed its teachers to stop referring to students by “gendered expressions” such as “boys and girls,” and use “gender inclusive” ones such as “purple penguins” instead.

If you thought making awkward small talk was hard enough already, then you’re really going to hate the University of California president, who recently declared some small talk staples to be inherently racist or sexist.

Current University of California President Janet Napolitano recently issued a list of microaggressions that all faculty should avoid using if they want to keep their jobs. Napolitano believed the listed phrases and questions may harbor covert racism or sexism and should therefore be banned from the universities.

Surprisingly enough, this list of taboo microaggressions included many common questions and phrases seemingly devoid of any ill intent. One of the banned, supposedly offensive phrases is “America is a land of opportunity.” According to Napolitano and her politically correct cohorts, such a phrase is a form of coded, covert racism that creates a toxic campus culture.

Other phrases university faculty were banned from saying include “America is a melting pot,” “I believe the most qualified person should get the job,” and “There is only one race, the human race.” Another banned phrase was “When I look at you, I don’t see color.” Colorblind professors everywhere began quivering in fear.

Faculty were also banned from asking students basic small talk questions, such as “Where are you from?” and “Where were you born?” These questions can be construed as racist. According to Napolitano, banning these microaggressions from California’s universities was part of an initiative to “improve campus climate.”

In October 2014, a seemingly innocuous proposal came before the Goldsmiths student union to commemorate the Holocaust. However, the students voted against commemorating the Holocaust, voting it down almost unanimously—60 to 1.

After the proposal was rejected, the union’s officer of education took to Twitter to explain to the confused public why they had voted down such a motion. Sarah El-alfy claimed the student union voted against the proposal commemorating the Holocaust because it was too Eurocentric.

Another Goldsmiths student criticized the motion by calling it “colonialist” and claiming that “white people should not be proposing motions condemning genocides.”

The rejection came the day after the same student union rejected another motion to condemn terrorist group ISIS, claiming that condemning such terrorists is a form of Islamophobia.

In response to the international head scratching the student union received, its education officer claimed she would rewrite the proposal to make it fit the students’ politically correct sensibilities.

Months later, another Goldsmiths student union officer, Bahar Mustafa, organized an event at the university to protest inequality. However, on advertisement for the event, Mustafa wrote, “If you’ve been invited and you’re a man and/or white PLEASE DON’T COME.”

Spurred by the criticism she received for discriminating against white people and men, Mustafa soon took to Twitter to express her reaction: “kill all white men.”

Predictably, Mustafa’s tweet roused a reaction with the general public in addition to the police. British police investigated the student and her genocidal ambitions, but no charges were filed. An online petition quickly garnered the signatures of 165 students asking for her to be removed from her position over the murderous statement. But the student union’s leadership remained unmoved by both the reaction and Mustafa’s genocidal remark. With the unflinching support of the student union, Mustafa was able to keep her position as officer of welfare and diversity in addition to her paycheck funded by British taxpayers.

The ####### Monologues is a play written by feminist Eve Ensler that has been described as the “Holy Grail of Feminism.” The play was written by Ensler to empower women and address the issue of violence against women. The ####### Monologues has inspired V-Day, an event that takes place each year that seeks to end violence against women.

An all-women’s college in Massachusetts, Mount Holyoke College was set to exhibit a production of the play as part of its own V-Day. At least, they were going to until the play wasn’t deemed politically correct enough.

Mount Holyoke College had put on an annual production of The ####### Monologues as part of its V-Day event each year. The production was supposed to raise awareness about violence against women and raise money for organizations that seek to curb it.

But the play wasn’t allowed to be exhibited at Mount Holyoke College’s 2015 V-Day event. Students in the theater board felt the play shouldn’t be produced because it isn’t inclusive of transgender students and would be offensive to students who identify as women but don’t have a #######. (Never mind that one of the monologues, They Beat The Girl Out Of My Boy . . . Or So They Tried, is about the experience of a transgender woman and had been included in Mount Holyoke’s 2010 performance of The ####### Monologues.)

A representative from the college chastised the feminist play. “At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman.” The student further defended the decision to cancel the play, stating that “Gender is a wide and varied experience, one that cannot simply be reduced to biological or anatomical distinctions, and many of us who have participated in the show have grown increasingly uncomfortable presenting material that is inherently reductionist and exclusive.”

The college decided to write its own politically correct version in order to avoid the perception that the play is not inclusive enough.

1. The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programmes and decided that the terms 'Before Common Era' / 'Common Era' are more appropriate

2. The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as 'Miss' and 'Mrs' so as not to cause offence. It also meant that 'Madame' and 'Mademoiselle', 'Frau' and 'Fraulein' and 'Senora' and 'Senorita' would be banned.

3. Throughout several US councils and organisations, any terms using the word 'man' as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. 'Manhole' is now referred to as a 'utility' or 'maintenance' hole.

4. Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter - and in their place is a simple boyish grin.

5. Spotted ####### - a classic English dessert has been renamed to avoid embarrassment. The traditional pud Spotted ####### has been given the title Spotted Richard, after UK council bosses feared the original name might cause offence.

6. A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs 'spring spheres' to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' – and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

8. A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants was rejected by the job centre as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, ‘Big Fat’ Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.’

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

11. Some US schools now have a 'holiday tree' every atChristmas, rather than a Christmas tree.

And there's even more in here:

http://listverse.com/2010/10/26/10-ridiculous-cases-of-political-correctness/

So yeah, PC is definitely out of control.

Do you really think there is such a big difference between Trump and Clinton? They are part of the same machine. They are former friends. For all I know they still are and are just in the land of make pretend. They might still talk secretly and laugh about all the people thinking there are actually any real differences between them. So it's still a tossup for me who's going to be worse, they both suck and I've really become indifferent to these elections.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

And after all this blah blah blah by both of you *yawns* two things remain the same:

You cannot know that 99% of Trump supporters want these things or are racist. Also, I never said there is nothing wrong with America, I said as with every place there are things that can or should be changed, but I don't think America is a horrible place and neither do the people you try to portray as such.

This: Cause you have no problem with people on here calling black people, Muslims and Hispanics thugs, hood rats, terrorists, illegals, etc. So you should check yourself.

Wins the award of stupidest comment of the day. I have never called nor encouraged anybody to call black people, muslims or hispanics thugs, hood rats, terrorists, illegals or anything else. But nice try. If you keep turning this personal you're going to have an issue. Fact remains I am not racist towards anybody, some of my best friends are black or half black, let alone parts of my family. There is nothing wrong with telling someone how it is without attacking them, that's not what this whole PC is about so you are way off course yet again. It's about ridiculous things like this:

words from our vernacular, others have begun to attack correct grammar as offensive. UCLA professor Val Rust thought he was just doing his job by correcting the spelling and grammatical errors he found in his students’ papers in a graduate-level class, but when students got their papers back, some of them alleged that the spelling and grammar corrections were a form of microaggression against the students, some of whom were minorities.

The offended students claimed that the spelling and grammar corrections were a part of a “hostile campus climate” for students of color. They argued that the professor’s corrections of their incorrect spelling and grammar were themselves incorrect because they were “perceived grammatical choices that in actuality reflect ideologies.”

Or this:

The next time you chow down on a burrito, think twice. It might offend someone if you do it in the wrong context. That’s how students at Stevenson College found themselves in an unexpected controversy.

Students at Stevenson College in Santa Cruz, California, held a science fiction event that featured pictures of spaceships and aliens. The sci-fi enthusiasts quickly found themselves in trouble with the school’s administrators because of their choice of food at the event. The students who organized the event purportedly chose to serve Mexican food at the party because “they hadn’t yet had Mexican food for one of these events” and couldn’t find any food that was “space-related.”

One student didn’t see it that way and wrote a complaint to a school administrator alleging that the choice of burritos at the alien-themed event was offensive because it made “a connection between individuals of Latino heritage or undocumented students and ‘aliens.’ ”

Or this:

Students at the University of New Hampshire had their vocabulary drastically shortened for the sake of political correctness. The university gave its students a series of resources on its website so they could tackle their college life, including a “bias-free language guide” that instructs students to stop using a long list of seemingly inoffensive and common words.

The university offered alternative phrases to replace the offensive word. The guide claimed the word “homosexual” was not politically correct enough and should be replaced with the term “same gender loving.” “American” is offensive because using the term implies that the US is the only country in the continents of North and South America. (It’s certainly imprecise, even if finding it offensive is a bit of a stretch.)

Similarly, the guide instructed its students to stop using the word “Caucasian” and instead use the more politically correct “European-American individuals.” “Elderly” was replaced by “people of an advanced age,” and “healthy” with “non-disabled individual.” The guide would also complicate parental visits; students were told the words “mothering” or “fathering” should no longer be used. According to the guide, students should “avoid gendering a non-gendered activity.”

After the language guide was exposed to the public at large, University of New Hampshire’s president distanced himself and his administration from the bias-free guide two years after it was developed by university students. President Huddleston said that he was “troubled by many things” in the guide and clarified that it was not official policy of the University of New Hampshire. The language guide was then removed from the university’s website.

More yet:

Nebraska school district has instructed its teachers to stop referring to students by “gendered expressions” such as “boys and girls,” and use “gender inclusive” ones such as “purple penguins” instead.

If you thought making awkward small talk was hard enough already, then you’re really going to hate the University of California president, who recently declared some small talk staples to be inherently racist or sexist.

Current University of California President Janet Napolitano recently issued a list of microaggressions that all faculty should avoid using if they want to keep their jobs. Napolitano believed the listed phrases and questions may harbor covert racism or sexism and should therefore be banned from the universities.

Surprisingly enough, this list of taboo microaggressions included many common questions and phrases seemingly devoid of any ill intent. One of the banned, supposedly offensive phrases is “America is a land of opportunity.” According to Napolitano and her politically correct cohorts, such a phrase is a form of coded, covert racism that creates a toxic campus culture.

Other phrases university faculty were banned from saying include “America is a melting pot,” “I believe the most qualified person should get the job,” and “There is only one race, the human race.” Another banned phrase was “When I look at you, I don’t see color.” Colorblind professors everywhere began quivering in fear.

Faculty were also banned from asking students basic small talk questions, such as “Where are you from?” and “Where were you born?” These questions can be construed as racist. According to Napolitano, banning these microaggressions from California’s universities was part of an initiative to “improve campus climate.”

In October 2014, a seemingly innocuous proposal came before the Goldsmiths student union to commemorate the Holocaust. However, the students voted against commemorating the Holocaust, voting it down almost unanimously—60 to 1.

After the proposal was rejected, the union’s officer of education took to Twitter to explain to the confused public why they had voted down such a motion. Sarah El-alfy claimed the student union voted against the proposal commemorating the Holocaust because it was too Eurocentric.

Another Goldsmiths student criticized the motion by calling it “colonialist” and claiming that “white people should not be proposing motions condemning genocides.”

The rejection came the day after the same student union rejected another motion to condemn terrorist group ISIS, claiming that condemning such terrorists is a form of Islamophobia.

In response to the international head scratching the student union received, its education officer claimed she would rewrite the proposal to make it fit the students’ politically correct sensibilities.

Months later, another Goldsmiths student union officer, Bahar Mustafa, organized an event at the university to protest inequality. However, on advertisement for the event, Mustafa wrote, “If you’ve been invited and you’re a man and/or white PLEASE DON’T COME.”

Spurred by the criticism she received for discriminating against white people and men, Mustafa soon took to Twitter to express her reaction: “kill all white men.”

Predictably, Mustafa’s tweet roused a reaction with the general public in addition to the police. British police investigated the student and her genocidal ambitions, but no charges were filed. An online petition quickly garnered the signatures of 165 students asking for her to be removed from her position over the murderous statement. But the student union’s leadership remained unmoved by both the reaction and Mustafa’s genocidal remark. With the unflinching support of the student union, Mustafa was able to keep her position as officer of welfare and diversity in addition to her paycheck funded by British taxpayers.

The ####### Monologues is a play written by feminist Eve Ensler that has been described as the “Holy Grail of Feminism.” The play was written by Ensler to empower women and address the issue of violence against women. The ####### Monologues has inspired V-Day, an event that takes place each year that seeks to end violence against women.

An all-women’s college in Massachusetts, Mount Holyoke College was set to exhibit a production of the play as part of its own V-Day. At least, they were going to until the play wasn’t deemed politically correct enough.

Mount Holyoke College had put on an annual production of The ####### Monologues as part of its V-Day event each year. The production was supposed to raise awareness about violence against women and raise money for organizations that seek to curb it.

But the play wasn’t allowed to be exhibited at Mount Holyoke College’s 2015 V-Day event. Students in the theater board felt the play shouldn’t be produced because it isn’t inclusive of transgender students and would be offensive to students who identify as women but don’t have a #######. (Never mind that one of the monologues, They Beat The Girl Out Of My Boy . . . Or So They Tried, is about the experience of a transgender woman and had been included in Mount Holyoke’s 2010 performance of The ####### Monologues.)

A representative from the college chastised the feminist play. “At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman.” The student further defended the decision to cancel the play, stating that “Gender is a wide and varied experience, one that cannot simply be reduced to biological or anatomical distinctions, and many of us who have participated in the show have grown increasingly uncomfortable presenting material that is inherently reductionist and exclusive.”

The college decided to write its own politically correct version in order to avoid the perception that the play is not inclusive enough.

1. The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programmes and decided that the terms 'Before Common Era' / 'Common Era' are more appropriate

2. The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as 'Miss' and 'Mrs' so as not to cause offence. It also meant that 'Madame' and 'Mademoiselle', 'Frau' and 'Fraulein' and 'Senora' and 'Senorita' would be banned.

3. Throughout several US councils and organisations, any terms using the word 'man' as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. 'Manhole' is now referred to as a 'utility' or 'maintenance' hole.

4. Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter - and in their place is a simple boyish grin.

5. Spotted ####### - a classic English dessert has been renamed to avoid embarrassment. The traditional pud Spotted ####### has been given the title Spotted Richard, after UK council bosses feared the original name might cause offence.

6. A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs 'spring spheres' to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' – and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

8. A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants was rejected by the job centre as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, ‘Big Fat’ Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.’

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

11. Some US schools now have a 'holiday tree' every atChristmas, rather than a Christmas tree.

Do you really think there is such a big difference between Trump and Clinton? They are part of the same machine. They are former friends. For all I know they still are and are just in the land of make pretend. They might still talk secretly and laugh about all the people thinking there are actually any real differences between them. So it's still a tossup for me who's going to be worse, they both suck and I've really become indifferent to these elections.

Actually Oriz, this is inaccurate. Because you do advocate it, by not saying anything. See, Rob, Teddy, Val, Carlos, Jacques, (if I missed anyone sorry) have a history of calling it out here. Either directly or by satire. Their record is noted, because we see it. But you? Not once have you ever called out someone on their blatant/or attempt to be slick generalizations. Matter of fact, you only call out those(like you are now) who have a problem with said racism. Just like you called her out about her comment about Trump supporters, but when I pointed out that a Trump supporter said the very thing you swore he isn't promising, you did nothing. You post a five page letter to her, but can't say hey Trump isn't about that to that supporter. You say yawn to me because you can't defend your position.Because it takes too much courage to stand up for what's right.

So, tell me, why is it so hard to condemn those who do wrong? You say you hate violence, but on the subject on Trump rallies, once again, yawn.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~OK since we seem to be having some trouble playing nice with one another, offending posts removed, two thread bans enacted for two members.~

~If you can't post constructively and civilly, do not post. More administrative actions will be forthcoming.~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

This, this, and THIS!! I'd plus 1 ya if I could. Spot-on. Good show, Chap!

You know 99% of Trump supporters? Wow. Here's another perfect example of prejudice, just like we were talking about yesterday,

1. PC is not about respect it's all about control, and PC these days has become ridiculous. You can't even call things the way they are because it might "offend someone"...boohoo, what happened to freedom of speech?

2. Never seen him promise such a thing. You guys are simply making stuff up.

3. Again, simply making stuff up.

I can guarantee you of the 3 only #1 will happen and that's actually a good thing. But he's not getting in anyway so what are you all worried about?

Wow, really? Kudos to a wife for enabling her husband to sexually assault other women? I'll just walk away from this one...

Aristotle O after Larry Flynt published nude pictures of Jackie I "Don't get in a peeing contest with a skunk, you just get both of you stinky" or words to that effect.

It's an interesting think WKR brings up about violence at Trump rallies. Why is it that it only happens there? Who is behind these violent outbursts, trying to sow discord and mayhem?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/21/clinton-and-soros-are-behind-violent-riots-at-trump-rallies-not-sanders/

http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/06/rent-a-mobs-targeting-trump-rallies/

IDK who, but SOMEONE is behind the turmoil. Often, one had only to ask who benefits the most to get a perspective on where the blame lies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

words from our vernacular, others have begun to attack correct grammar as offensive. UCLA professor Val Rust thought he was just doing his job by correcting the spelling and grammatical errors he found in his students papers in a graduate-level class, but when students got their papers back, some of them alleged that the spelling and grammar corrections were a form of microaggression against the students, some of whom were minorities.

The offended students claimed that the spelling and grammar corrections were a part of a hostile campus climate for students of color. They argued that the professors corrections of their incorrect spelling and grammar were themselves incorrect because they were perceived grammatical choices that in actuality reflect ideologies.

Or this:

The next time you chow down on a burrito, think twice. It might offend someone if you do it in the wrong context. Thats how students at Stevenson College found themselves in an unexpected controversy.

Students at Stevenson College in Santa Cruz, California, held a science fiction event that featured pictures of spaceships and aliens. The sci-fi enthusiasts quickly found themselves in trouble with the schools administrators because of their choice of food at the event. The students who organized the event purportedly chose to serve Mexican food at the party because they hadnt yet had Mexican food for one of these events and couldnt find any food that was space-related.

One student didnt see it that way and wrote a complaint to a school administrator alleging that the choice of burritos at the alien-themed event was offensive because it made a connection between individuals of Latino heritage or undocumented students and aliens.

Or this:

Students at the University of New Hampshire had their vocabulary drastically shortened for the sake of political correctness. The university gave its students a series of resources on its website so they could tackle their college life, including a bias-free language guide that instructs students to stop using a long list of seemingly inoffensive and common words.

The university offered alternative phrases to replace the offensive word. The guide claimed the word homosexual was not politically correct enough and should be replaced with the term same gender loving. American is offensive because using the term implies that the US is the only country in the continents of North and South America. (Its certainly imprecise, even if finding it offensive is a bit of a stretch.)

Similarly, the guide instructed its students to stop using the word Caucasian and instead use the more politically correct European-American individuals. Elderly was replaced by people of an advanced age, and healthy with non-disabled individual. The guide would also complicate parental visits; students were told the words mothering or fathering should no longer be used. According to the guide, students should avoid gendering a non-gendered activity.

After the language guide was exposed to the public at large, University of New Hampshires president distanced himself and his administration from the bias-free guide two years after it was developed by university students. President Huddleston said that he was troubled by many things in the guide and clarified that it was not official policy of the University of New Hampshire. The language guide was then removed from the universitys website.

More yet:

Nebraska school district has instructed its teachers to stop referring to students by gendered expressions such as boys and girls, and use gender inclusive ones such as purple penguins instead.

If you thought making awkward small talk was hard enough already, then youre really going to hate the University of California president, who recently declared some small talk staples to be inherently racist or sexist.

Surprisingly enough, this list of taboo microaggressions included many common questions and phrases seemingly devoid of any ill intent. One of the banned, supposedly offensive phrases is America is a land of opportunity. According to Napolitano and her politically correct cohorts, such a phrase is a form of coded, covert racism that creates a toxic campus culture.

Other phrases university faculty were banned from saying include America is a melting pot, I believe the most qualified person should get the job, and There is only one race, the human race. Another banned phrase was When I look at you, I dont see color. Colorblind professors everywhere began quivering in fear.

Faculty were also banned from asking students basic small talk questions, such as Where are you from? and Where were you born? These questions can be construed as racist. According to Napolitano, banning these microaggressions from Californias universities was part of an initiative to improve campus climate.

In October 2014, a seemingly innocuous proposal came before the Goldsmiths student union to commemorate the Holocaust. However, the students voted against commemorating the Holocaust, voting it down almost unanimously60 to 1.

After the proposal was rejected, the unions officer of education took to Twitter to explain to the confused public why they had voted down such a motion. Sarah El-alfy claimed the student union voted against the proposal commemorating the Holocaust because it was too Eurocentric.

Another Goldsmiths student criticized the motion by calling it colonialist and claiming that white people should not be proposing motions condemning genocides.

In response to the international head scratching the student union received, its education officer claimed she would rewrite the proposal to make it fit the students politically correct sensibilities.

Months later, another Goldsmiths student union officer, Bahar Mustafa, organized an event at the university to protest inequality. However, on advertisement for the event, Mustafa wrote, If youve been invited and youre a man and/or white PLEASE DONT COME.

Spurred by the criticism she received for discriminating against white people and men, Mustafa soon took to Twitter to express her reaction: kill all white men.

Predictably, Mustafas tweet roused a reaction with the general public in addition to the police. British police investigated the student and her genocidal ambitions, but no charges were filed. An online petition quickly garnered the signatures of 165 students asking for her to be removed from her position over the murderous statement. But the student unions leadership remained unmoved by both the reaction and Mustafas genocidal remark. With the unflinching support of the student union, Mustafa was able to keep her position as officer of welfare and diversity in addition to her paycheck funded by British taxpayers.

The ####### Monologues is a play written by feminist Eve Ensler that has been described as the Holy Grail of Feminism. The play was written by Ensler to empower women and address the issue of violence against women. The ####### Monologues has inspired V-Day, an event that takes place each year that seeks to end violence against women.

An all-womens college in Massachusetts, Mount Holyoke College was set to exhibit a production of the play as part of its own V-Day. At least, they were going to until the play wasnt deemed politically correct enough.

But the play wasnt allowed to be exhibited at Mount Holyoke Colleges 2015 V-Day event. Students in the theater board felt the play shouldnt be produced because it isnt inclusive of transgender students and would be offensive to students who identify as women but dont have a #######. (Never mind that one of the monologues, They Beat The Girl Out Of My Boy . . . Or So They Tried, is about the experience of a transgender woman and had been included in Mount Holyokes 2010 performance of The ####### Monologues.)

A representative from the college chastised the feminist play. At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman. The student further defended the decision to cancel the play, stating that Gender is a wide and varied experience, one that cannot simply be reduced to biological or anatomical distinctions, and many of us who have participated in the show have grown increasingly uncomfortable presenting material that is inherently reductionist and exclusive.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, Big Fat Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.

I spotted checked two of your examples of PC gone wrong and found one to be a hoax and the other to be unsubstantiated. Did I jyst get lucky or is this list of ancedotes all BS? Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

I see your post got a plus 1. not surprising, considering...

But which two were a hoax, pray tell? I didn't check them all, but the ones I checked seemed to be true.

I'll summarize for ya:

http://listverse.com/2015/08/25/10-most-absurd-things-to-ban-on-politically-correct-college-campuses/

Your spotted checking may need an overhaul. Or maybe you just need to hook up to the Internet? :D

I spotted checked two of your examples of PC gone wrong and found one to be a hoax and the other to be unsubstantiated. Did I jyst get lucky or is this list of ancedotes all BS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

spotted checking

In 1894, the first Dalmatian was spotted.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I see your post got a plus 1. not surprising, considering...

But which two were a hoax, pray tell? I didn't check them all, but the ones I checked seemed to be true.

I'll summarize for ya:

http://listverse.com/2015/08/25/10-most-absurd-things-to-ban-on-politically-correct-college-campuses/

Your spotted checking may need an overhaul. Or maybe you just need to hook up to the Internet? :D

Here is one myth busted

http://www.thefrisky.com/2011-04-17/spring-spheres-instead-of-easter-eggs-not-so-fast/

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265