The Nature  Boy

Chicago surpasses 500th homicide in 2016

59 posts in this topic

Hey Val, can I join you?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Hey Val, can I join you?

strength in numbers marv. i'm feeling really anxious about this revelation that white on white crime is an issue. there's so much of it out there, it's like a silent epidemic no one is brave enough to talk about. it's been going on for like, ever. what is it about white people that makes them so predisposed to harming other white people????

strength in numbers marv. i'm feeling really anxious about this revelation that white on white crime is an issue. there's so much of it out there, it's like a silent epidemic no one is brave enough to talk about. it's been going on for like, ever. what is it about white people that makes them so predisposed to harming other white people????

its just that when a white persons gets klt no one cares

oh. why do white people lack empathy?

I stand in solidarity with you sister!

I threw you a couple of +1s. They were set asides

And I'm out already. You must love that WP.

Actually, folks care greatly. Just when you get killed, it's usually(not all the time) not in front of your kids, or laying in the streets with your hands in the air. Hell, I've seen white dudes shoot cops and still get their rights read like he ran a red light.

But this is two fold.

1. Cops aren't out here hunting you. Most time the interaction is friendly and even so if not, they take great care in making sure they arrest you the proper way. As a cop once said, when the perp is black, I take precautions for just me, when he is white, I take them for me AND him.

2. If you really think this is true, then why don't white people DO something about it? It's been said here that cops kill you in boatloads. And yet, you believe the cops before you believe anything else. Worse still, only when something happens to you, action will take place.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If you'd read the entire dialogue between Marv and I, he said black-on-black crime is a myth. I called BS. Of course it exists. And I ALSO pointed out that white-on-white crime exists. DUH, I think I put it so eloquently. Most killers Don't kill strangers as a norm. No crickets from me, I said nothing wrong.

IDK about you, but I do my part by not committing murder. And if I happened to see anyone about to commit one, I would do my best to stop them.

IDK why you are posting those numbers. I posted ones from the DOJ/FBI websites. Pretty much factual, from my experience.

well now i hear those lovely crickets in the fall you were swooning over. if black on black crime is a thing - then logic would dictate that white on white crime is a thing. it's such a huge problem, as a fellow white person what are we in the white community doing to combat this issue of white on white crime?

i'll wait, enjoying the crickets..

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

If you'd read the entire dialogue between Marv and I, he said black-on-black crime is a myth. I called BS. Of course it exists. And I ALSO pointed out that white-on-white crime exists. DUH, I think I put it so eloquently. Most killers Don't kill strangers as a norm. No crickets from me, I said nothing wrong.

IDK about you, but I do my part by not committing murder. And if I happened to see anyone about to commit one, I would do my best to stop them.

IDK why you are posting those numbers. I posted ones from the DOJ/FBI websites. Pretty much factual, from my experience.

When do u see stats being posted when a killer is white? How many news articles are about white on white crime? When is white on white crime evry discussed on VJ? When do you hear white people are inherently killers? Both races has crime yes? But only one is referred to as black on black crime. Black on black crime is myth. One can't exist without the other and the other is never acknowledged.

so you agree the constant refrain of 'what is the black community doing about black on black crime" is just as pointless as demanding we hear more "what is the white community doing about white on white crime"

using your logic, any black person that doesn't murder is doing just about all they can.

i posted those numbers because all of these arguments about chicago are easily traced back to twisted numbers and distorted facts spouted from the right to keep middle america scared stupid of all the thugs in them big cities - 'specially the one obama came from... no white supremacist agenda is at play in the background, of course. :star:

When do u see stats being posted when a killer is white? How many news articles are about white on white crime? When is white on white crime evry discussed on VJ? When do you hear white people are inherently killers? Both races has crime yes? But only one is referred to as black on black crime. Black on black crime is myth. One can't exist without the other and the other is never acknowledged.

Actually I hate to pop your bubble , but the origins of the black on black crime thing are black people

The fact that twice as many cops kill white folks as black folks, and that whites kill 83% of the time, makes them both a much bigger issue than cops killing blacks or black on black crime. But as you said yourself, no one brings it up much. Why is that? Why is it just accepted as fact, and no one is trying to make a huge racial issue out of it? You're right, no one talks about it, because no one really cares, except friends and family of the victims.

EXACTLY. Have you ever seen me tell Marvin (or any other black for that matter) that he is responsible for all the BOB crimes? No. He is doing his part by setting the example as a good human being. If more people (the ones doing the crime, obviously), of ANY color, would be more like him, it could only have a positive effect on the aforementioned crime. It's not Marvin's place to save all POC, though he tries to speak for them quite often. He takes care of his wife and children, I am sure he teaches them the right way to live, and is providing a future generation with the necessary tools to make it a better place.

Not sure what you mean... Are you saying Chicago ISN'T full of murderous thugs? Seems like it is to me, based on all the killings. Who needs an agenda when gangs and individual criminals are doing all this wanton killing?

using your logic, any black person that doesn't murder is doing just about all they can.

i posted those numbers because all of these arguments about chicago are easily traced back to twisted numbers and distorted facts spouted from the right to keep middle america scared stupid of all the thugs in them big cities - 'specially the one obama came from... no white supremacist agenda is at play in the background, of course. :star:

Actually I hate to pop your bubble , but the origins of the black on black crime thing are black people

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/4/28/sports-protests-sterling.html

Hate to correct you but, no.

It's been used as a way to keep the focus on us rather than the real issues at hand.

The fact that twice as many cops kill white folks as black folks, and that whites kill 83% of the time, makes them both a much bigger issue than cops killing blacks or black on black crime. But as you said yourself, no one brings it up much. Why is that? Why is it just accepted as fact, and no one is trying to make a huge racial issue out of it? You're right, no one talks about it, because no one really cares, except friends and family of the victims.

Wrong again.

You know why it's not brought up? It's not that no one cares, it's because SOME white people are more comfortable pointing the finger at us, Muslims, and any other minority group. If you don't think that's true, go to any site that has a white person killing folks. Don't even use here as an example, that's too easy. You won't get too far before the blk on blk crime gets thrown out, or let's talk about radical Islam.

When the Sandy Hook shooting took place, someone made a comment about what's up with white men and guns. Someone was like don't make me pull out the crime stats, like it's a threat or something. In fact, you can't even bring up gun violence without taking a trip to the black community here.

Even when white people kill cops here, there's very little outrage. Blue lives matter, but only when they're killed by black people.

There isn't a thread here(the Heroin thread is the ONLY one I've seen in years that didn't degenerate into a racial issue) where the killer is white that doesn't become about black crime or Islam.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg