Oliversmom

Stopping by to say hello

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello. I used to be a regular on here. My username used to be abbi627 but I've been gone a while and had to re-register. Anyway, my husband has been here from Morocco a year now (next month) and the time has flew by so fast! We are very happy and enjoying our life together. So I am here to see if anyone is here I used to talk to. I received SO MUCH help on this forum. And I want to be available to help anyone who has questions. I know this is hard to go through but it is SO WORTH IT!

Timeline

OMG!!!! So happy to see you back and that you and your hubby are doing well!!! I've wondered! Thanks for stopping be. My hubby has been here for close to 3 years and recently got his 10 year card! Congratulations on your joys! I'd love to here your story, your more than welcome to PM me if you don't want to post it.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I would like to know what were the interview questions and if there was any issues in your process and what was the solution. Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Happytobe I was hoping you would still be around! Yes everything is going good for us. I remember all the help and advice you gave me. Seems like only yesterday I was on here asking questions about my first trip to Morocco! The process was pretty smooth. He said the interview was a little tough but he was well prepared and he said he remained confident in his answers even when they tried to trick him. He had his visa 2 weeks after the interview and he came here the next month which was last October. At first it was hard for him to adjust. He was homesick and I had to go to work and leave him home all day. It took him 2 months to find a job. Once he had a job he started to adjust. He still says things are crazy here. Especially the rent in the city we live in. And groceries - he can't believe how much it costs to eat! Finding a job was frustrating for him. We sent in MANY MANY resumes and seldom got any replies. And then he got some interviews but nothing came of them. But he kept trying and found a job and will soon be there a year. He still has to learn to drive. Hasn't tackled that yet. We have a new puppy - Oliver. That's where I got my username. He is still adjusting to having a wild and crazy puppy in the house! I have been so happy this year he has been here. When we were going through getting married in Morocco and visiting and having to say goodbye and just being able to talk on the phone and skype I thought he would never get here. But we made it through all that! Is your husband completely adjusted to life here? Can't believe he has been here 3 years!

Dreamtor: Our process was pretty straightforward with no problems. He said the interview was a little tough. It is important that your husband know all about you and your family. They seemed to have a problem with the fact that we didn't have a marriage ceremony but my husband explained that to their satisfaction. They asked questions about me, about why he married why, why do you love your wife, what do you plan to do in America, why didn't you have a marriage ceremony. At the end he approved his visa and he had visa in hand 2 weeks later.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome back! I've been on VJ since 2006 and went through a divorce with Adam this year. Im engaged to my wonderful loving genuine fiance Luke who is from Egypt and we are halfway into the k1 fiance process. Hope everyone is doing well! Welcome back again!

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

Happytobe I was hoping you would still be around! Yes everything is going good for us. I remember all the help and advice you gave me. Seems like only yesterday I was on here asking questions about my first trip to Morocco! The process was pretty smooth. He said the interview was a little tough but he was well prepared and he said he remained confident in his answers even when they tried to trick him. He had his visa 2 weeks after the interview and he came here the next month which was last October. At first it was hard for him to adjust. He was homesick and I had to go to work and leave him home all day. It took him 2 months to find a job. Once he had a job he started to adjust. He still says things are crazy here. Especially the rent in the city we live in. And groceries - he can't believe how much it costs to eat! Finding a job was frustrating for him. We sent in MANY MANY resumes and seldom got any replies. And then he got some interviews but nothing came of them. But he kept trying and found a job and will soon be there a year. He still has to learn to drive. Hasn't tackled that yet. We have a new puppy - Oliver. That's where I got my username. He is still adjusting to having a wild and crazy puppy in the house! I have been so happy this year he has been here. When we were going through getting married in Morocco and visiting and having to say goodbye and just being able to talk on the phone and skype I thought he would never get here. But we made it through all that! Is your husband completely adjusted to life here? Can't believe he has been here 3 years!

Dreamtor: Our process was pretty straightforward with no problems. He said the interview was a little tough. It is important that your husband know all about you and your family. They seemed to have a problem with the fact that we didn't have a marriage ceremony but my husband explained that to their satisfaction. They asked questions about me, about why he married why, why do you love your wife, what do you plan to do in America, why didn't you have a marriage ceremony. At the end he approved his visa and he had visa in hand 2 weeks later.

Yes, my hubby is mostly adjusted. We are getting ready to buy a house and to submit his application for citizenship. It took him a bit yo get a regular FT job, but it was well worth the wait. The benefits with his job are amazing, and probably saved my life as the ones we had through my job did not cover a whole lot. We are considering getting a dog once we move.... we will see. He got his driver's license about 6 months after he arrived, as everything here is so far apart, he needed it to get around to find jobs. He speaks to the husband of one of my (now our) friends that we met on here. He has met a few other Moroccans out here, but so many are just flaky. We finally made it back to visit his family this past May, and that was really awesome! Do keep in touch!

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's good to see someone else here from the WPB area. I'm happy that it is going good for the two of you here. My fiance and I are going through the process now and we have been talking about the interview. He would like to know if he should do the interview in Arabic or English. His English is pretty good but he doesn't want to not understand a question and answer wrong or get confused. Did your fiance do his interview in Arabic or English and does he think that it helped or hurt him in the interview? I'm nervous about the interview because my fiance is younger than I am and I know that is a "red flag" for them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's good to see someone else here from the WPB area. I'm happy that it is going good for the two of you here. My fiance and I are going through the process now and we have been talking about the interview. He would like to know if he should do the interview in Arabic or English. His English is pretty good but he doesn't want to not understand a question and answer wrong or get confused. Did your fiance do his interview in Arabic or English and does he think that it helped or hurt him in the interview? I'm nervous about the interview because my fiance is younger than I am and I know that is a "red flag" for them.

Looking at your profile pic, I don't see an age difference, and if there is, its not a big deal, cant be many years difference from what I see.

Best wishes on your interview. If he don't understand a question, tell him to have them repeat it, and to speak slowly. Things will be fine.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline

MindyB - my husband did his interview in english. I don't know if it helped or not. He thinks it did because at the end the co said your english is very good and your visa is approved. But who knows if it really helped or not. My husband and I have an age difference too and it was never mentioned in the interview. Good luck on your interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.