Rob L

Fox News settles Gretchen Carlson harassment case

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Image copyrightAPImage caption

Fox News channel has settled a sexual harassment case brought by one of its former presenters, Gretchen Carlson.

The US conservative TV station has apologised and reportedly paid the former Fox & Friends co-host $20m to drop her case.

Ms Carlson's allegations led to Fox's chief executive, Roger Ailes, leaving the channel in July.

She had complained that Mr Ailes victimised her and ruined her career after she rejected his advances.

"We regret and apologise for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve," said 21st Century Fox, which owns Fox News.

Ms Carlson, 50, had claimed that Mr Ailes, 76, one of the most prominent figures in US television, first demoted her then sacked her after she spurned him.

For many years she had co-hosted the Fox and Friends morning show before being given her own programme in 2013.

Mr Ailes denied the allegations but resigned after an investigation by 21st Century Fox brought forward similar complaints from other female employees.

Another presenter, Greta Van Susteren, resigned on Tuesday, but Fox News did not give a reason for her abrupt departure after 14 years. One source described it as a financial disagreement.

_91047902_mediaitem91047901.jpgImage copyrightAPImage captionRoger Ailes

Roger Ailes became a leading figure in US cable news after Rupert Murdoch brought him in to set up Fox in the mid-1990s.

For almost 20 years, Mr Ailes was the top dog as his channel posted annual profits of hundreds of millions of dollars, and transformed the cable news landscape, which had been dominated by CNN.

Ms Carlson said: "I am gratified that 21st Century Fox took decisive action after I filed my complaint.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Image copyrightAPImage caption

Fox News channel has settled a sexual harassment case brought by one of its former presenters, Gretchen Carlson.

The US conservative TV station has apologised and reportedly paid the former Fox & Friends co-host $20m to drop her case.

Ms Carlson's allegations led to Fox's chief executive, Roger Ailes, leaving the channel in July.

She had complained that Mr Ailes victimised her and ruined her career after she rejected his advances.

"We regret and apologise for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve," said 21st Century Fox, which owns Fox News.

Ms Carlson, 50, had claimed that Mr Ailes, 76, one of the most prominent figures in US television, first demoted her then sacked her after she spurned him.

For many years she had co-hosted the Fox and Friends morning show before being given her own programme in 2013.

Mr Ailes denied the allegations but resigned after an investigation by 21st Century Fox brought forward similar complaints from other female employees.

Another presenter, Greta Van Susteren, resigned on Tuesday, but Fox News did not give a reason for her abrupt departure after 14 years. One source described it as a financial disagreement.

_91047902_mediaitem91047901.jpgImage copyrightAPImage captionRoger Ailes

Roger Ailes became a leading figure in US cable news after Rupert Murdoch brought him in to set up Fox in the mid-1990s.

For almost 20 years, Mr Ailes was the top dog as his channel posted annual profits of hundreds of millions of dollars, and transformed the cable news landscape, which had been dominated by CNN.

Ms Carlson said: "I am gratified that 21st Century Fox took decisive action after I filed my complaint.

Money is always an attract to some women

Timeline

Money is always an attract to some women

e740584af6bedfa81e022904632c5144.jpg

That WAS fast! AND an apology!

I foresee many others filing against the creep!

I wonder if the Terms preclude her from pursuing Ailes directly? Fox and Ailes have broken "divergent interests" at this point

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

I wonder if the Nags from NOW will get behind him like they did slick Willie, when he got busted for sexual assault.

Funny how Hillary enabled a sexual predator and vilified the women that were victims and none of you seem to care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Immediately Fox News triggered the door locking, all of Gretas engagement media constructs (ie. Greta Wire Blog) now default to Fox News. And Murdochs executives have replaced Greta with Brit Hume not coincidentally part of the anti-trump/Murdoch-loyalists. [Other members include: Megyn Kelly, Chris Wallace, Bret Baier, Bill Kristol, George Will, Jonah Goldberg, ETC see here.]

In addition, Fox announced a $20 million settlement with Gretchen Carlson who was suing the network as a result of alleged sexual harassment from Roger Ailes. Thats a small price to pay by Murdoch who gains over a billion/yr from the empire Ailes built.

When you consider Murdoch was willing to pay Megyn Kelly $6 million up front, on a $10 million pay-off to Kelly for services rendered in the overall destroy Trump effort (Murdoch owns Harper Collins), the $20 million to Carlson gains valuation clarity.

[ironically, its widely known (open secret) that Brit Hume had an affair with Megyn Kelly as she was working her way up the network ladder.]

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/09/06/it-continues-greta-van-susteren-leaves-fox-news-abruptly-murdoch-immediately-changes-locks/

Small potatoes for Murdoch!!!!

Timeline

Hmm no I wont go there

sounds like you already did

I heard Hume will also be bailing.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

I wonder if the Nags from NOW will get behind him like they did slick Willie, when he got busted for sexual assault.

Funny how Hillary enabled a sexual predator and vilified the women that were victims and none of you seem to care.

Funny how Trump has been accused of rape by his own wife and a few underaged girls, but Hillary's guilt by association is WAAAAY more horrible.

And some women flock to men with money and affluence in foreign countries, eh?

Yep. No one's arguing that. But I've been told more than once the hit dog welps the loudest. And you and NB are howling out your lungs.

What's funny is, this convo has been had here before, and even married to foreigners, we've said the same thing. Why? Because we knew we didn't marry for material reasons. My ex was a manager at a shop, had her own car, etc. And these same comments were made, we didn't get upset. Because it doesn't apply to us, just like it shouldn't apply to your marriage.

Don't know why black people and Muslims get gutted here like clockwork year round, but if you make one comment about women marrying for money from a poor county, the razors come out.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Funny how Trump has been accused of rape by his own wife and a few underaged girls, but Hillary's guilt by association is WAAAAY more horrible.

Yep. No one's arguing that. But I've been told more than once the hit dog welps the loudest. And you and NB are howling out your lungs.

What's funny is, this convo has been had here before, and even married to foreigners, we've said the same thing. Why? Because we knew we didn't marry for material reasons. My ex was a manager at a shop, had her own car, etc. And these same comments were made, we didn't get upset. Because it doesn't apply to us, just like it shouldn't apply to your marriage.

Don't know why black people and Muslims get gutted here like clockwork year round, but if you make one comment about women marrying for money from a poor county, the razors come out.

Jesus H Roosevelt Christ Marv. Nobody here thinks you were talking about me or them and it wasn't even you or J nail that said it. Simmer down ?