Arif87

Am I overthinking the process

8 posts in this topic

So my fiancée in USA applied for a K-1 visa for me, but I am very nervous about our situation. I met my fiancée online in a Yahoo chatroom back in Feb 2010. After talking online she decided to come meet me in Dhaka Nov 2012. We spent a week and half together were she met all my friends. So she came back to spend Bengali new year with me April 2013. On this trip she met my parents. But after this trip we found out she was pregnant and our son was born New years eve 2013. So I tried for tourist visa to see my son be born but was denied. Then I didn't get to meet with her and my son until July 2016. Now I worry if I get approved for interview they will ask why so long in between meeting with my fiancée and how my family feels about me having my son and not being married. My fiancée keeps saying all will be fine and not to over think the process. But my family does not really approve of our relationship. And they are still upset that I have a child. I keep standing with her even though my family want different plans for me. I just hope this process moves along quickly. But I am too worried about this process.

K-1 Process  

7/27/16- Mailed 129-F to Texas Lockbox

8/01/16- USCIS received packet

9/08/16- Petition Approved

9/27/16- NVC received packet

9/28/16- Case Number assigned

9/30/16- Left NVC to Dhaka

10/04/16- Embassy in Dhaka received petition

10/12/16- Received packet 4

11/01/16- Medical Exam completed

11/28/16- Interview in Dhaka

11/28/16- 221 (g) Green Slip given

02/06/17- Visa Denied

CR-1 Process

04/24/17- Getting Married

05/22/17- Mail in I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

5/24/14- Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox & Priority number given (Nebraska)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

OP, yes, you're overthinking. The process you're going through is the quickest process to becoming one with your overseas family. You have many emotions right now. But I know things will get better for you when you're all together. It will not be easy but it will get better.

USCS doesn't care how long it's been between visits. Only that you've met within 2 years of the application date.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can depend on the customs and culture of the country whether or not your concerns will be an issue. Some embassies famly acceptance is very important. It would be best to get advice from other Bangladesh K1 VJers. Maybe check your country portal and embassy reviews.

I've read other posts where Bangladesh can be difficult sometimes. Natasha&Noor may be a good resource. Did you frontload your petition?

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

But my family does not really approve of our relationship. And they are still upset that I have a child. I keep standing with her even though my family want different plans for me. I just hope this process moves along quickly. But I am too worried about this process.

You need to decide for yourself if you're committed to go through the process. That whole thing with family sounds just really weird,

Either K1 or CR-1 should not be a problem even if you were denied B1\B2 before, and especially that you both have kid together (DNA test will be requested most likely by the way)

Oh, what a day, what a lovely day!

You need to decide for yourself if you're committed to go through the process. That whole thing with family sounds just really weird,

Either K1 or CR-1 should not be a problem even if you were denied B1\B2 before, and especially that you both have kid together (DNA test will be requested most likely by the way)

I am very committed to this process, I want to be with my fiancée and my son. Why would a DNA test be requested? I have never questioned the paternity of my son. My family is very conservative and from small village. They had plans for how they wanted my life to be.

K-1 Process  

02/06/17- Visa Denied

CR-1 Process

Dear Arif87,

First of all, whatever process you try to follow, will take it's due time. Where you can save yourself is from delays. If you provide the right amount of document and your case seems to be genuine, yes you can save significant amount of time going back and forth with various entities in different stages.

Now I am sure you do understand that your case isn't just a straight forward case from Bangladesh's point of view. Plus after all these time, you are still not married and these will raise questions that you will need to answer. Immigration or a visa is not a entitlement rather judgment of others based on the facts you will present. Whether you are truthful or not, honest or not, you have to follow certain formalities regardless of your choices.

DNA test is standard protocol to make sure if you are the legitimate father is not a matter of choice. If the IO thinks they can run further checks and in fact, AP (advanced processing) is pretty standard for males from certain countries (Bangladesh is just one of them).

My suggestion, you should try to find the guideline for whatever you decide to go with (K1 and you can't go with IR1/CR1 as you aren't married yet) and prepare yourself well. This journey may take 9 months to few years and the interview to the embassy happens at the end point. So don't worry about the end part too much, rather focus how you could pass the screening by USCIS and NVC. However, starting from now, you should try to build your story in a consistent and uniform manner.

Best of luck.

Dear Arif87,

First of all, whatever process you try to follow, will take it's due time. Where you can save yourself is from delays. If you provide the right amount of document and your case seems to be genuine, yes you can save significant amount of time going back and forth with various entities in different stages.

Now I am sure you do understand that your case isn't just a straight forward case from Bangladesh's point of view. Plus after all these time, you are still not married and these will raise questions that you will need to answer. Immigration or a visa is not a entitlement rather judgment of others based on the facts you will present. Whether you are truthful or not, honest or not, you have to follow certain formalities regardless of your choices.

DNA test is standard protocol to make sure if you are the legitimate father is not a matter of choice. If the IO thinks they can run further checks and in fact, AP (advanced processing) is pretty standard for males from certain countries (Bangladesh is just one of them).

My suggestion, you should try to find the guideline for whatever you decide to go with (K1 and you can't go with IR1/CR1 as you aren't married yet) and prepare yourself well. This journey may take 9 months to few years and the interview to the embassy happens at the end point. So don't worry about the end part too much, rather focus how you could pass the screening by USCIS and NVC. However, starting from now, you should try to build your story in a consistent and uniform manner.

Best of luck.

Thank you for your time in answering my question. I anticipated that this process will have it hiccups. I understand the K-1 visa process more and more as I read. My story is pretty much consistent about my relationship. I know my overall situation is not the norm and my fiancée worries about this aspect. I will talk with her about being more proactive in this process as it pertains to the paternity test.

K-1 Process  

02/06/17- Visa Denied

CR-1 Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.