Kay&Epi

Is it possible to schedule K1 visa appointment online for the Ghana Embassy?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So I believe this is possible now. Because you must pay for your visa first then fill the DS 160 then schedule the appointment.

Before you paid at the embassy but I've found the following information:

i've found that K1 visa is $265 and can be paid at a GT Bank according to

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts

The application fees are shown below and apply to one visa application. The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is $160. This includes tourist, business, student and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are $190. K visas cost $240 and the fee amount for E visas is $205. Please note that visa fees for K applicants should be paid at any GT bank locations in Ghana. The tables below are a more comprehensive list of visa types and fee amounts. Following the tables is a short list of nonimmigrant visas which do not require payment of an application fee.

and also on the bank website

K1 visa is listed

http://www.gtbank.com/personalbanking/services/e-banking-services/us-visa-fees-payment#visa-categories-and-fees

Also at the bottom of the bank's page this link is attached

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/

this where you can continue to apply and schedule online. It may have not have been this way before but it looks like its changing to where you can apply online.

The site said the same thing when I petitioned in 2014 but the bank was Ecobank. I can almost guarantee that when your fiance receives the packets from the embassy he will be told to pay there on the day of he interview. Is there a date posted on the website that says when this was updated because I don't see a date on the site. You can't go by what's posted on these websites (so stop clicking on therm lol). However, if it has changed and you can pay the fees at a bank it will state so on one of of the forms in the packets. It seem as if you're overthinking this process from your other posts that I've read. I know this process is frustrating and you want to get to the next step swiftly but try to remain patient.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The site said the same thing when I petitioned in 2014 but the bank was Ecobank. I can almost guarantee that when your fiance receives the packets from the embassy he will be told to pay there on the day of he interview. Is there a date posted on the website that says when this was updated because I don't see a date on the site. You can't go by what's posted on these websites (so stop clicking on therm lol). However, if it has changed and you can pay the fees at a bank it will state so on one of of the forms in the packets. It seem as if you're overthinking this process from your other posts that I've read. I know this process is frustrating and you want to get to the next step swiftly but try to remain patient.

I'm just posting relevant information and the sources I'm getting the information from. Anyone can read and take it with a grain of salt and decide for themselves what to do. Just being proactive. It seems inefficient to wait around on the embassy for months when government websites state differently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm just posting relevant information and the sources I'm getting the information from. Anyone can read and take it with a grain of salt and decide for themselves what to do. Just being proactive. It seems inefficient to wait around on the embassy for months when government websites state differently.

The purpose of this site is to give people correct and factual information that they can use to properly complete a visa application, not give them information that they "can read and take it with a grain of salt" . There isn't anything wrong with trying to be efficient, but that efficiency becomes inefficient when you make decisions based on incorrect information. The Ghana embassy is indeed a strange one and what may be true for every other embassy may not be true for Ghana. For example, for a K-1 visa at the Ghana embassy you are required to submit tax transcripts but the I-134 states that you need a tax return, some embassies will accept tax returns but Ghana won't in most instances. Many people get denied at the Ghana embassy. For the sake of your petition, please don't be one of those people who get an RFE, put in AP, or denied because you don't want to heed the warnings or follow advice of those who have already gone through the process. Well wishes on your journey. :goofy:

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.