lostinblue

Obama disrespected on final Asia trip

97 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hypocrite? Yes. In fact, by your very statements, you just showed that you are a woman who was looking for a man with money, and you found him overseas (though in your case, it didn't work out, sadly). But I'll take it a step further and say that you are the norm... Women want to hook up with men who are successful. Typically, men (especially when young and immature) look for external beauty. Women look for stability, success, and less for looks.

Yes, there are people on both sides of the fence of which you speak. Those who seek foreign people for whatever perceived improvement over local folks, and those overseas who are seeking to come to the US legally, and are willing to marry to do so. In fact, I happen to know a lady right now who married a guy, may have even been in love at one time. But today, after 17 years, she is no longer in love with him. Yet, she stays with him because they have kids together. Sounds like something a foreigner would do, eh? Oh wait... So many Americans do the same thing. There are American women who marry just for money, and are willing to put up with some guy who is possibly a creep just to get it. Luckily for them, divorce in the US typically favors the woman, and she can walk out of the marriage better off than she entered, minus the time wasted with Mr. Wrong. Point being, there is no reason to go outside of the US to get such a relationship.

Of course, in defense of many of the good folks here on VJ, there are also a large amount of folks who are in it for the RIGHT reasons. Those stats don't much get reported, because they are not newsworthy. No one wants to hear, "So-and-so hooked up, fell in love, got a visa, and lived happily ever after". No, what gets headlines is when some poor guy or gal gets snookered, taken, screwed out of money or time. And I say, good on those who find their mates and make it work, particularly in a long-distance scenario where the odds are stacked against them.

And as for your implying that talking to Rick like you did is a ploy of his to get you banned... That is TRULY some laughable stuff right there. His "personal relationship with the mods", as you worded it, is pretty darn funny, considering he has taken SEVERAL time outs in his time here arguing with you about matters black, though he rarely said anything that was actually offensive or wrong. Can't think of anyone who is more middle of the road than NB. And definitely not one who cries to the mods, ever.

1st hypocrite? No

2nd u are taking this personal and no one, especially myself is talking about u. It is strictly about people who do it. Not sure why you feel the need to address this from your personal situation.

Sure hope you're not doing this to try and get me banned by crying wolf. Cause no where in my comments did I direct anything at all at you.

So if I'm banned it'll be due to your personal relationship with mods not because I did anything wrong. I know yall waiting on me to slip up

Yes. And sadly, there are almost no stats on how many folks actually find happiness together. It seems you did. Surely you don't think you're the exception? Or is this your personal experience coming out?

Statistics from the Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum do not lie.

:)

Almost every week, there is thread on Fraud, how to deport foreign spouse.. etc

Not because said woman broke so many rules that you yourself were expected to follow and uphold, right? Integrity so much below what you exemplified in your honorary service, but that's ok, right? It's only because she's a woman that some of us get ill to our stomachs to think she will lead America. Right?

LOL. Even worse, a white woman who's running for president :rofl:

Hypocrite? Yes. In fact, by your very statements, you just showed that you are a woman who was looking for a man with money, and you found him overseas (though in your case, it didn't work out, sadly). But I'll take it a step further and say that you are the norm... Women want to hook up with men who are successful. Typically, men (especially when young and immature) look for external beauty. Women look for stability, success, and less for looks.

Yes, there are people on both sides of the fence of which you speak. Those who seek foreign people for whatever perceived improvement over local folks, and those overseas who are seeking to come to the US legally, and are willing to marry to do so. In fact, I happen to know a lady right now who married a guy, may have even been in love at one time. But today, after 17 years, she is no longer in love with him. Yet, she stays with him because they have kids together. Sounds like something a foreigner would do, eh? Oh wait... So many Americans do the same thing. There are American women who marry just for money, and are willing to put up with some guy who is possibly a creep just to get it. Luckily for them, divorce in the US typically favors the woman, and she can walk out of the marriage better off than she entered, minus the time wasted with Mr. Wrong. Point being, there is no reason to go outside of the US to get such a relationship.

Of course, in defense of many of the good folks here on VJ, there are also a large amount of folks who are in it for the RIGHT reasons. Those stats don't much get reported, because they are not newsworthy. No one wants to hear, "So-and-so hooked up, fell in love, got a visa, and lived happily ever after". No, what gets headlines is when some poor guy or gal gets snookered, taken, screwed out of money or time. And I say, good on those who find their mates and make it work, particularly in a long-distance scenario where the odds are stacked against them.

And as for your implying that talking to Rick like you did is a ploy of his to get you banned... That is TRULY some laughable stuff right there. His "personal relationship with the mods", as you worded it, is pretty darn funny, considering he has taken SEVERAL time outs in his time here arguing with you about matters black, though he rarely said anything that was actually offensive or wrong. Can't think of anyone who is more middle of the road than NB. And definitely not one who cries to the mods, ever.

I'm busy so I can't respond to all of your gibberish, but I was my ex husbands English teacher. Wasn't looking for anything. I have a cert. To teach English as a Second Language. ???????

Try again

So you chose him because you were smarter than him? Or because he had more money than you?

Gibberish. LOL. Feels different when the shoe is on the other foot, eh?

I'm busy so I can't respond to all of your gibberish, but I was my ex husbands English teacher. Wasn't looking for anything. I have a cert. To teach English as a Second Language. ???????

Try again

So you chose him because you were smarter than him? Or because he had more money than you?

Gibberish. LOL. Feels different when the shoe is on the other foot, eh?

Ahhhhhh look who's feelings got hurt so they had to respond to me with more gibberish. Go to bed now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Belay the bickering, please.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Don't necessarily disagree. I had an idiot friend who is 2 weeks from final on divorce from a nasty old hag, proudly tell me how was done with American women.

I had no problem with American women and had as many as I wanted, but my buddy met a Pinay stateside and she talked me into it . If for some reason it did not last I am done with the overseas thing.

However you and Marv are being a bit hypocritical bashing those that do the same thing both of you did.

As for the comments about fat old ugly men and women only wanting money. True in some cases , but also true in some domestic relationships. People are people.

My wife's family probably has as much money as I do. Also I didn't purse some young hoochie Momma cause I know where that would lead.

I know athat least a couple of guys here in this forum who would be a good catch by any woman's standard.

A couple of things:

We were living overseas when we met our spouses. We didn't go "looking" for a particular race of person. She was a teacher, I was stationed there and found mine by complete accident. We both married for love, just like the rest of you. It didn't work out, but neither myself or her are bad mouthing foreigners. We know a few couples that are international and no issues. In fact, we've explained our rationale behind it, even before things worked out. Because VOL was talking this same mess if I recall correctly...

And again, why do you think the song is about you, Roy, or this other random person who just somehow found his way here and is now going after my wife specifically? No one is talking about your wives or their families. It's so strange to see you all get caught in your feelings about this when we have to hear about how criminal black people are day in day out. I mean, damn, that crime stat should be in some of your signatures. But talking about gold digging wives from overseas got y'all so upset this other dude came in just to say something about it. I'm shocked to say the least. Really at the fact no one was even talking about you or anyone else's spouses.

Roy, if that's you,

Um, if you know anything about us, you'd know that's not true. Janelle is a successful woman in her own right, with more than a few degrees and was working making more than enough money to live without a man. She doesn't need a man to take care of her. Matter of fact, she left a good paying job just to come here and be with me. So your comment is way off base. She married someone who could contribute, this whole marrying a dirt bag mentality is beyond me. And I hope it's beyond you.

Not because said woman broke so many rules that you yourself were expected to follow and uphold, right? Integrity so much below what you exemplified in your honorary service, but that's ok, right? It's only because she's a woman that some of us get ill to our stomachs to think she will lead America. Right?

If you think integrity and Trump go together, please tell me how is he more trustworthy? I'll be here all night.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And I just want to point out, Merrytooth's observation was based off the Effects forum, and yet it seems like coming for my wife and I was easiest reaction, even though, no one was talking about you. Just remember this the next time a black person sucks thread comes up. No one likes generalizations.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I never said anything about Trump, you brought him up. I was just pointing out that by your post, you make it sound like anyone who doesn't like Hillary feels that way because she's a she. Just like you often say folks who don't like Obama are racist. Both concepts are incorrect, of course, but it's the way you (and others here) like to play the game. And it's wrong.

And if you go back and re-read what I said, I don't believe I attacked you guys at all. I thought what Merrytooth said was in poor taste on this site, a site designed to help people unite legally. People get married for all kinds of reasons, and not all of them are bad. Not everyone is a gold digger. Gold digging exists in same-race and same-country marriages, as well. THAT is what I was pointing out. I made a comment to Merrytooth, and several others responded against me. I was actually defending the folks who are doing it the right way for the right reasons, if you pay attention to my words. I know how you met your spouses. And I wasn't saying saying you did anything wrong, but Merrytooth was alluding that Sue only picked you for a GC, in spite of the fact that you are old, fat, and ugly. THAT'S what I thought was wrong.

And as for the money reference you made, my wife also didn't need me for my money; she had more than I did when we were married. But she DID want someone whom she thought would be successful and be able to take care of her. That was the generalization I was trying to make. They want love and security. Often, a measure of a man's success revolves around his wallet, unfortunately. But that's the way it is, eh?

A couple of things:

We were living overseas when we met our spouses. We didn't go "looking" for a particular race of person. She was a teacher, I was stationed there and found mine by complete accident. We both married for love, just like the rest of you. It didn't work out, but neither myself or her are bad mouthing foreigners. We know a few couples that are international and no issues. In fact, we've explained our rationale behind it, even before things worked out. Because VOL was talking this same mess if I recall correctly...

And again, why do you think the song is about you, Roy, or this other random person who just somehow found his way here and is now going after my wife specifically? No one is talking about your wives or their families. It's so strange to see you all get caught in your feelings about this when we have to hear about how criminal black people are day in day out. I mean, damn, that crime stat should be in some of your signatures. But talking about gold digging wives from overseas got y'all so upset this other dude came in just to say something about it. I'm shocked to say the least. Really at the fact no one was even talking about you or anyone else's spouses.

Roy, if that's you,

Um, if you know anything about us, you'd know that's not true. Janelle is a successful woman in her own right, with more than a few degrees and was working making more than enough money to live without a man. She doesn't need a man to take care of her. Matter of fact, she left a good paying job just to come here and be with me. So your comment is way off base. She married someone who could contribute, this whole marrying a dirt bag mentality is beyond me. And I hope it's beyond you.

If you think integrity and Trump go together, please tell me how is he more trustworthy? I'll be here all night.

hmm. its all jokes to me, i mean, no one knows or needs to judge why anyone marries anyone else. end of the day, fraud will only be dealt with by the folks involved in the fraud.

i would have never ever gotten married a second time if it hadn't been for the fact that we couldn't live together full time in the us without a marriage based visa. so we decided to get married and get him a green card. we got married for a green card. is that fraud? i don't think so. our marriage was definitely premeditated for the purpose of immigration. now, maybe if we'd split shortly after he activated his visa or directly after we'd gotten married, some people would consider our situation fraud in that scenario - but it's really hard as an outsider to a relationship to make judgement on people's past intentions - isn't it? sort of pointless.

Edited by smilesammich

hmm. its all jokes to me, i mean, no one knows or needs to judge why anyone marries anyone else. end of the day, fraud will only be dealt with by the folks involved in the fraud.

i would have never ever gotten married a second time if it hadn't been for the fact that we couldn't live together full time in the us without a marriage based visa. so we decided to get married and get him a green card. we got married for a green card. is that fraud? i don't think so. our marriage was definitely premeditated for the purpose of immigration. now, maybe if we'd split shortly after he activated his visa or directly after we'd gotten married, some people would consider our situation fraud in that scenario - but it's really hard as an outsider to a relationship to make judgement on people's past intentions - isn't it? sort of pointless.

Exactly the govt made us get married in order for her to be here.

Exactly the govt made us get married in order for her to be here.

i think lots of people approach marriage as this sacred thing and assume other people hold marriage in the same esteem, like as a rule. getting a marriage license or never getting a marriage license doesn't make any relationship genuine or fake. it's unfortunate that immigration is sort of forced to function primarily off of such a grey area..good for giving rom-coms a twist though.

i think lots of people approach marriage as this sacred thing and assume other people hold marriage in the same esteem, like as a rule. getting a marriage license or never getting a marriage license doesn't make any relationship genuine or fake. it's unfortunate that immigration is sort of forced to function primarily off of such a grey area..good for giving rom-coms a twist though.

Agree 100%

I never said anything about Trump, you brought him up. I was just pointing out that by your post, you make it sound like anyone who doesn't like Hillary feels that way because she's a she. Just like you often say folks who don't like Obama are racist. Both concepts are incorrect, of course, but it's the way you (and others here) like to play the game. And it's wrong.

And if you go back and re-read what I said, I don't believe I attacked you guys at all. I thought what Merrytooth said was in poor taste on this site, a site designed to help people unite legally. People get married for all kinds of reasons, and not all of them are bad. Not everyone is a gold digger. Gold digging exists in same-race and same-country marriages, as well. THAT is what I was pointing out. I made a comment to Merrytooth, and several others responded against me. I was actually defending the folks who are doing it the right way for the right reasons, if you pay attention to my words. I know how you met your spouses. And I wasn't saying saying you did anything wrong, but Merrytooth was alluding that Sue only picked you for a GC, in spite of the fact that you are old, fat, and ugly. THAT'S what I thought was wrong.

And as for the money reference you made, my wife also didn't need me for my money; she had more than I did when we were married. But she DID want someone whom she thought would be successful and be able to take care of her. That was the generalization I was trying to make. They want love and security. Often, a measure of a man's success revolves around his wallet, unfortunately. But that's the way it is, eh?

I based my observations after reading the Effect forum for so many years.

What I said " fat, old, poor, ugly ..etc USC", I lifted from one of the fraud accusation threads which are the words that original poster was told by his young macho martial art foreign spouse.

People that married the fat old poor ugly USCs are not gold digger because there is no gold to dig in the first place!

They just want the green card and then leave.

Then the USCs left wondering what is wrong. :rolleyes:

Why is it in poor taste? I am just stating truth here, no sugar coating, not being political correct.

I normally bite my tongue when I see threads in upper forum which are potentially train wreck in the making.

-> Over the time, I realize You just can't fix stupid.

If you guys do not fit in the "fat old poor ugly, spouse married for green card only" general profile, why get your panties in a bunch, be so defensive and butt hurt?

Sure people get married for all kinds of reasons.. but some people motives are less honorable.

Have you seen or even heard about the 90 day fiance show -> Danielle and Mohammad couple?

You really think Oh, they are one cute perfect couple?

On the other side of the coin, sometimes I feel pity for those poor foreign spouses coming to USA, get the shock of life that their USCs are not what they have painted to be. Some USCs just want to make them a slave, control them, abuse them, do not want to or no money to file papers for them.

Lastly, I did not hint that Marvin is old, fat and ugly. :rofl: Certainly not judging from his profile picture.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC