lostinblue

Obama disrespected on final Asia trip

97 posts in this topic

"They fabricated news and added wild guesses to it without getting to the bottom of this issue," she said. "This would only consolidate the impression that some western media are arrogant and big-headed."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/china-blames-us-media-playing-024419470.html

Do you know why he said all that, and how Duterte is in real life? Duterte is a man who will say what he means no matter what, yes he has candor in some things but not very many. He was elected Mayor and then President because he will speak his mind on a subject no matter what, and he hates criminals.

He was asked a question by the media in regards to what was already being described by people as a "talking to" from President Obama to President Duterte on his role and support of extrajudicial killings in the Philippines. So he responded with what he thought was a proper response on him possible being scolded for his involvement in the killings.

His anti American rhetoric is strong. You should be careful. Kissing up does not guarantee safe passage with someone who is killing hundreds. Edited by Janelle2002

Do you know why he said all that, and how Duterte is in real life? Duterte is a man who will say what he means no matter what, yes he has candor in some things but not very many. He was elected Mayor and then President because he will speak his mind on a subject no matter what, and he hates criminals.

He was asked a question by the media in regards to what was already being described by people as a "talking to" from President Obama to President Duterte on his role and support of extrajudicial killings in the Philippines. So he responded with what he thought was a proper response on him possible being scolded for his involvement in the killings.

Two problems:

1. You're the president, you're supposed to carry yourself as such. I know Trump has folks feeling a certain way, but you're not supposed to use profanity as a way to get your point across. If you can't speak with elegance and grace, you shouldn't run. I know the PI has different rules, but let's be clear, if President Obama even used something close to this kind of language, the same folks admiring Duterte would admonish the President.

2. This I hate PC rhetoric has stipulations. Folks are all for it as long as it's not targeting them and it comes from folks they approve of. I remember when President Obama was drug for saying he had a pen and knew how to use it. Dictator move if I remember correctly. Then Putin took the Ukraine, folks was like I wish Obama was like that.

you know duterte irl?

i can't believe how many people defend the whole extrajudicial killing insanity and actually want that sort of thing in the us... talk about wiping your rear with the constitution and publicly loathing the american way.

Because it's all good when those are targeted fit into that neat category of being criminals.

Edited by We Keep Receipts

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

you know duterte irl?

i can't believe how many people defend the whole extrajudicial killing insanity and actually want that sort of thing in the us... talk about wiping your rear with the constitution and publicly loathing the american way.

It's the Philippines. The American way will not work. The people love him. Trust me. I have spent lots of time there

It's the Philippines. The American way will not work. The people love him. Trust me. I have spent lots of time there

i wasn't suggesting we bring american democracy to the phillipines. no need to go to war with everyone who calls the potus an sob.

Plenty of Filipinos in Hawaii. The ones I know despise him. People pretend to like dictators so that can keep their head, literally

Safe bet I have been to the Philippines more than you and know a lot more Pinoy than you, including my extended family. He won by a large margin and is very popular.

i wasn't suggesting we bring american democracy to the phillipines. no need to go to war with everyone who calls the potus an sob.

He did not call him that. he said he would if Obumer questioned his drug war.

[quote name="Nature Boy Flair" post="8296637"

He did not call him that. he said he would if Obumer questioned his drug war. still no reason to meet with the mfer.

still no reason to meet with the mfer.

He is doing wonders for the Philippines, which is so corrupt and. The people will be so much better off with him

He only cares about his country and its people

He is doing wonders for the Philippines, which is so corrupt and. The people will be so much better off with him

He only cares about his country and its people

sorry, i'm not a fan.

Safe bet I have been to the Philippines more than you and know a lot more Pinoy than you, including my extended family. He won by a large margin and is very popular.

He did not call him that. he said he would if Obumer questioned his drug war.

Popular before his killing spree? If he's unpopular now people are scared to say so.

I'm not measuring my stick with yours, but ur notion all like him is false, people are terrified

Funny I bet if a muslim country was killing drug addicts or dealers without due process they'd be called barbaric terrorist that need to die, all Muslims are bad, etc...