bahamamama234

Do I have enough evidence?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, me and my spouse were wondering if we have enough evidence

1 - Copy of lease showing both our names on it and receipts of rent payments for all months since 2016

2- Joint tax return copy

3-Bank statement copy's showing joint checking account where our paychecks go to automatically and there's many grocery etc purchases there

4- Credit card statements showing each other as authorized users.

5- Electricity and internet bills in both our names

6- USPS/FEDEX package slips with my name and others with his name to the same address

7- Copies of ID's showing same address

8- Itineraries of airplane trips taken together

9- Pictures with my family in Brasil, other pictures with his family, pictures together and with friends

10- letters sent to us by my mother in law congratulating us in our 2 year marriage and others

11- Copy of my 401k showing my husband as beneficiary

12- Copy of veterinary reminders sent to us with both our names on it, our address on it, regarding our dog

We also have health insurance but is medical/ lacare....Should we send copies of the La care cards that show we have the same doctor? We would rather not mention that but what do you guys think?

Any advice? Should we add on or take out anything?

Thank you !!!!

Edited by Jabuticaba 1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You have loads of good evidence! Congratulations.

Please consider having wills and medical powers of attorney done for both of you. It might not seem important for young couples who don't have a lot of assets, but it really is important. And, it shows USCIS that you are not only documenting what has passed already, but that you are actively planning for the future.

End of Public Service Announcement <grin> .....

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

You have loads of good evidence! Congratulations.

Please consider having wills and medical powers of attorney done for both of you. It might not seem important for young couples who don't have a lot of assets, but it really is important. And, it shows USCIS that you are not only documenting what has passed already, but that you are actively planning for the future.

End of Public Service Announcement <grin> .....

Sukie in NY

:D THat's funny!....but seriously, your PSA is a good one!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.