hannahj_11

can we expidite I-130

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Even if you get the expediate there is the alway present AP for security checks which there is no expediate for and highly probable given the consulate.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I disagree with everyone saying no. It is difficult to expedite right now but once you have your NOA-2 you can. I expedited mine for the exact same reason actually. I am the USC and I expedited my husbands application through the embassy because my father is terminally ill and I wanted my husband here before Christmas time that year to be able to meet my dad before my dad could no longer shake his hand or speak to him. Honestly you have to appeal to the embassy. I just wrote a letter explaining my situation and it was accepted. It will just depend on the embassy and who ever reads your request. It cant hurt to try, the worst they say is no and you keep going forward with your petition.

If you knew the extensive background checks men from MENA countries go through for obvious reasons. You wouldn't sell him that hope that yours worked so his will.

I know a couple of people who were in his situation from Africa (sub-sahara) that couldn't get expedite.

But OP is free to apply when it gets to NVC.

He can apply when it gets to NVC not through the embassy.

It is only possible if you did DCF. His case will still be in the states so applying for expedite through the embassy when they don't have his case is not possible.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok, I apologize if I didn't clarify enough for some of you... I never said the OP would get the expedite just because I did. I was simply attempting to shed some positive light on everyone who clearly just said no, no chance for OP. OBVIOUSLY I am aware that the countries and their respective processes are different. I am aware that my case from CENTRAL America (not south) is vastly different from another country. I don't believe that telling the OP he MIGHT have a chance is a bad thing. He may. I would also like to point out that I was stating that once the OP receives his NOA-2 and the case is sent to the NVC, you then have to expedite through the embassy to skip the NVC stage. I did not do DCF, my case was done here in the U.S. If you ask NVC they don't expedite and they will tell you that you have to have the embassy expedite it so that it essentially skips NVC and then the embassy would then have your case! MAYBE my country of filing was different. Hopefully this clarifies for everyone who is a little uptight that I said OP could have a chance. Although it is not written in the list of reasons to expedite, it may be possible. Yes I am aware he may run into different obstacles. never said it would be easy or a guarantee.

Agree. NVC also informed me that the embassy approves the expedite or not. Expedite approvals are very country specific for an array of reasons. If the OP feels that want to attempt it, it is important to have all the evidence to make their case, but also know there is a probable chance of rejection as well. I also agree with you, less negativity and more constructive advice. :dancing:

Met in and lived in beneficiary's country 2010-2012

Applied 2012-Approved K1 in 2013 (approx 8 months Noa1-approval)- decided to postpone marriage and live together in beneficiary's country before marriage.

Married 11/30/13 -lived together until filing

Filed for K3-04/06/2015

Noa1 04/06/15

Noa2 08/06/15

NVC case # 09/18/2015-case became CR1 (it's true what they say K3 is obsolete-don't even attempt it)

Paid AOS 09/18/2015

Paid 261 09/23/2015

Sent AOS and IV packed 10/07/15

Scan date 10/08/15

DS-260 10/14/2015

11/10/2015 Found out I had a checklist

11/18/2015 Scan date for information they needed after talking to someone over the phone regarding checklist

11/19/2015 FINALLY recieved actual checklist

11/30/2015 Sent one more extra tax transcript to avoid any possible further checklists

12/16/2015 Requested an Expedite

12/29/2015 Expedite approved, case being sent immediately to Embassy/awaiting interview date

12/31/2015- CEAC shows case as IN TRANSIT

1/11/2016- CEAC shows READY

1/14/2016-Received interview date/packet-case became IR1 (married more then 2 years)

Medical Scheduled 1/22/2016

Medical Completed

Interview Scheduled 2/18/2016

VISA APPROVED 2/18/2016

2/19/2016 VISA ISSUED

3/05/2016 ENTERED USA!!!!

3/16/2016-Paid GC fee

4/25/2016-Received GC in mail!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi I'm Z. A. I'm from Morocco My wife h. J. applied for me I-130 in April 29th we did not receive the NOA2 yet, her dad right now his very sick he has cancer in his brain.

I-130 has taking so much and we're thinking to call USCIS and try to expedite the visa

do you think that going to help us to go as soon as possible to see my dad in law ??

Guess what, everyone here can speculate but no one can give you a definitive answer. Your chances are very low and unlikely but that doesn't mean you can't apply and see what happens. Just don't get your hopes up but if you never try you will not have a chance... Just MY OPINION on the matter.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your advice and input. We greatly appreciate your time to help our specific situation and we are planning to try to expedite when we reach the NVC stage, which will hopefully be by the end of this month. Congratulations to everyone who has their visa and good luck to everyone that is in the process.

I-130 Spouse Visa

April 1, 2016 - Married

April 26, 2016 - Filed I-130 abroad from Morocco

May 3, 2016 - Case accepted

May 10, 2016 - Received NOA1

August 25, 2016 - Case transferred to another office

September 15, 2016 - Case Approved! USCIS

September 27, 2016 - Received NOA2
October 5, 2016 - Case Sent to Dept of State

October 11, 2016 - Case Received by NVC

October 25, 2016 - NVC Welcome Letter Received

October 25, 2016 - Completed DS-261

October 25, 2016 - Paid AOS Fee

November 2, 2016 - Paid IV Fee

November 4, 2016 - Filed DS-260

December 1, 2016 - Sent AOS Packet to NVC from Morocco
January 29, 2017 - We Have our Baby in Morocco :D👨‍👩‍👦 👶
February 17, 2017 - We Received Appointment Letter From NVC
March 20, 2017 - THE INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED :dancing:
January 25, 2019 - Filed I-751 Remove Conditions

February 10, 2019 - Received NOA1

March 5, 2019 - Biometric APPT

Jun 18, 2019 - Interview & Approval

Jun 21, 2019 - Received 10 years GC ✔️

www.rehazu.com - Learn more about our International Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

not for Morocco / other countries maybe

why would you reapply / only will enlongate your time

wait for the NOA2 and email NVC and give them the information asking for help

at this time get the documetns together that NVC will need and be ready to send as soon as needed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah the expedite... I am canadian waiting for my NOA2. I'm also 5 months into a high risk pregnancy. My husband called USCIS to ask about requesting an expedite and they said they would email us to request our evidence and info within five days. They wouldnt allow him to submit any actual information. In a few days we DID hear from them, saying our request had been denied. Despite never having actually made our request. When he phoned back to ask what had happened he got a bunch of stock answers and was told he could re-submit his request to expedite in a week. it was mega frustrating and we're still working on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.