LoveuAlan

Has anyone else did the K-1 Fiance Visa themselves?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is a question that asks:

Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?

yes or no

and if you put yes your supposed to Explain all specialized skills.

This question is making me nervous, should I answer yes? My fiance was a policeman in Russia so of course he knows how to use firearms, and he said so himself, but i'm just afraid that USCIS will not like to approve anyone for a K1 visa if they know how to use firearms...i don't know what to put ((

Timeline

Yes because he was a police officer you will need to be honest. Just state the truth attach an explanation likely on G325A supplement.

When i'm asked to write how we met. Should I also mention that he's a police officer in G325?

Also I was divorced back in 2014. I was married to a foreign national before but we met in America. Should explain the reason we divorced as well?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When i'm asked to write how we met. Should I also mention that he's a police officer in G325?

Also I was divorced back in 2014. I was married to a foreign national before but we met in America. Should explain the reason we divorced as well?

you don't write story of your life as a supplement to anything, you can mention it in letter of intent to marry. He will be asked all that stuff during his interview

1. My fiances job in Russia, He was a policeman. Do you think they will deny him entry into America because he used to be a police?

Should not be a problem at all, unless DHS and USCIS will suspect that he's Putin's spy :D

2. What about things that require his signature...am I suppose to send them in the mail for him and than have him send them back to me?

All the filled forms like bio and letter of intent to marry should have his signature in ink, not just scanned. So yeah he needs to send that stuff to you to incorporate it into package

3. Also I have a low income, but I do not use any public benefits, or well fare etc. I have someone who will be the sponsor, so do we both fill out the same form?

you file affidavit of support and your co-sponsor files as a joint sponsor

4. On the form I 129 where it asks for my address (in care of)... I live at my job, do I put my jobs address...it's a home address...but i'm wondering do i have to put the family that i work for name in the (in care of) section...or do i just fill out their address as my address since I live there too?

If you have direct access to mailbox just fill address and your name

5. When I fill out his address it's a little difficult, because addresses in Russia are not the same order as in here in America...I don't know what province to put...he's from a village. I have his full address, but i don't know what goes where basically

he should fill this part himself to be honest, usually province is Oblast or Kraj, Postal code is what matters the most so don't overthink this part

Oh, what a day, what a lovely day!

Timeline

you don't write story of your life as a supplement to anything, you can mention it in letter of intent to marry. He will be asked all that stuff during his interview

Should not be a problem at all, unless DHS and USCIS will suspect that he's Putin's spy :D

All the filled forms like bio and letter of intent to marry should have his signature in ink, not just scanned. So yeah he needs to send that stuff to you to incorporate it into package

you file affidavit of support and your co-sponsor files as a joint sponsor

If you have direct access to mailbox just fill address and your name

he should fill this part himself to be honest, usually province is Oblast or Kraj, Postal code is what matters the most so don't overthink this part

He is from North Ossetia. But this is a republic...so do i put North Ossetia under province even though it's not a province? Postal code I have.

Timeline

On the form G-325A where is says "If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below"...... Does this mean handwrite it or can it be done by typing it on the computer?

Also Applicant: Print your name and Alien registration number in the box outlined by heavy border below:..... Can this also be typed on the computer or does this section need to be hand written? If it needs to be handwritten does it need to be hand written by my fiance?...since we have to do 2 G-325A forms..one for me and one for him right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

He is from North Ossetia. But this is a republic...so do i put North Ossetia under province even though it's not a province? Postal code I have.

The Republic of North Ossetia-Alania is a federal subject of Russia.

It's called republic or federation but it has nothing to do with being republic

It's like oblast' or province so yep you fill it in province field

On the form G-325A where is says "If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below"...... Does this mean handwrite it or can it be done by typing it on the computer?

you type in cyrillic letters, that's why some portions of those forms should be filled by him

Also Applicant: Print your name and Alien registration number in the box outlined by heavy border below:..... Can this also be typed on the computer or does this section need to be hand written? If it needs to be handwritten does it need to be hand written by my fiance?...since we have to do 2 G-325A forms..one for me and one for him right?
you type those things via keyboard
and yes 2 G-325A, one filled and signed by you one filled and signed in ink by him

Oh, what a day, what a lovely day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was married before I didn't put anything about that cause we separated a while ago . When it ask how you met just explain how you met your fiancé you don't have to mention why you got divorced cause it didn't ask that .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We did it ourselves and visa journey was the best resource

09 Nov 2015 - I-129F Sent

19 Nov 2015 - NOA1 Received

22 Dec 2015 - NOA2 Received

21 Jan 2016 - Petition received by US Consulate Sydney

18 Apr 2016 - Interview instructions received - given interview date of 31st May 2016 (we cancelled this date)

14 Jun 2016 - Requested new interview date

16 Jun 2016 - Email received - new date given - 30th August 2016

26 Aug 2016 - Visa medical Sydney

30 Aug 2016 - Consulate interview day - (approved pending medical report)

03 Sep 2016 - Medical report received by Consulate

07 Sep 2016 - Email request for more information from Consulate

08 Sep 2016 - New information sent to Consulate via email

15 Sep 2016 - Case status updated still processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.