dai2403

Advices, please :(

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone

I dont even know how to start but I will try

I've been in the US for secen months now and I came under a K1 visa after having a long distance relationship for 4 years . Moving here to be with my husband was all I wanted for my life , i did all I could , all that was possible to do. Applied for my K1 visa , after getting approved i quit my job i had in my country and left everything behind to live this love , my husband and I live with his parents in a extremely boring town in the desert of AZ , im feeling depressed and sad for not being able to rent a place for us ,my husband doesnt make enough money and I so upset for all that we are going through , I also have a heart issue and we dont have health insurance all this situation makes me want to move back to my country because here im feeling completely alone and lost, he does all he can to try and make things better but nothing seems to work out. I came here just for love And I didnt have a perfect life back in my country but I had the basic stuff , a job , school And I felt free , i love him but its geetong cold due to the situation . I dont want to take up your time I just want some advices , i dont have any friends and anyone to talk to so an advice would be appreciated . Thank you everyone

Hi!

Just hang in there for a little bit more. As you said you already filed for AOS and soon you'll have your work permit and will be able to work and see people and I'm sure things will get better. I know this waiting game is hard and we feel like we're in a prison, but your EAD will come set you free haha. :dancing:

How long ago have you applied for it? I applied for mine in the end of June and I have it already!

Things here are totally different from what they are in Brazil and sometimes it can be very frustrating because we feel lost and insecure, but you'll get used to it.

I used to live in SP too, if you want PM me and we can chat more.

Everything will work out for you, you just need a bit more patience.

Boa sorte!

AOS

05/18/16 Marriage

06/22/16 sent the package via UPS to Chicago Lockbox

06/23/16 Package received

06/30/16 NOA1 for I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765 received

07/14/16 Biometrics letter received, appt for the 28th

07/28/16 Biometrics done

09/01/16 Received emails and texts saying I-765 was approved (didn't get anything about I-131)

09/02/16 Received letters saying my I-765 and I-131 were approved and EAD/AP card was sent.

09/06/16 Received EAD/AP card! :dancing:

11/09/2017 Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hang in there, you are so close to having a great life! Once you get your work permit you can start working and your life will change for the better! With two incomes you'll be able to get your own place and why not move to a better city! I suggest look into becoming a translator you'll make a very decent living and you can do it from anywhere!

Adjusting from B1/B2
Day 1 01/22/2013 AOS package sent
Day 67 03/29/ 2013 Greencard Arrived .

Eligible for ROC December 21st 2014

Day 001 12/22/2014 ROC package sent to CSC

Day 154 05/24/2015 Greencard arrived with SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE AND SIGNATURE

Day 409 02/04/2016 New card production

Eligible for citizenship January 5th 2016- 3 year rule

Day 1 01/04/2016 N-400 Mailed to Phoenix

Day 9 01/13/2016 check cashed/ case accepted

Day22 01/25/2016 Biometric letter for 02/03 ( early bio 01/28)

Day 196 Interview Letter received 07/18/2016

Day 224 Interview 08/15/2016 + same day oath+ same day passport application.

I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

NO health insurance

spouse must provide this thru work or buy thru the marketplace (obama care)

if he doesn't, there is a huge fine to pay when doing taxes next spring

For lonliness, i was too after loosing my husband to cancer and living states away from family

i joined a penpail site (watch out for scammers just select ones who do not ask for money)

talk to family and freinds back home on skype, whatsapp, viber, facebook

take short walks and do photos of the beauty of the desert and post so family can see where you live

i was living once in New Mexico and thought there was nothing out there but the desert has some of the most beautiful flowers and scenery

check it out

get some new freinds here / if you want send me private message and i will repond and we can talk on the cell / no need to feel alone / we will welcome you to the US and help get over this and make your space here

don't be afraid to talk to his parents and tell them you are lonely / they might help if you ask and talk

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

can you drive?

If yes, how about you drop you husband off at work then have the car to go places then pick him u at work?

You have to think of ways to work around your situation.

So if you don't know how to drive, push for your husband to help you get a driver's license because even if you start working right now, you both will have to make do with one car for the meantime.

As you said, your husband is trying or doing his best.

And i think it is important for all of us, beneficiaries especially to really try and get realistic picture of what to expect when you get here. I try for instance to explain what to expect to my husband and for the most part, i feel that he doesn't ask enough questions, like i would if I were leaving my whole life to move to a new place.

So please ask all the important and "not so important" questions like

where will we live?

who will we live with?

how big is your city?

how much do you make?

is it considered a good pay in that city?

what will i be doing while I wait for my EAD or GC etc?

How is the transportation in that town?

can you find some activities for me to do so that i don't get too bored?

etc...These questions are to help others.

But to OP, try and find some activity online or volunteer to kill time.Your husband can drop you off to the volunteer location and pick you up after work. And I hope you don't give up!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.