mshussain1920

When should I hear from NVC?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I am f2a category, I have already paid for my visa since February and I sent all the supporting documents they asked for in April, my case was completed since july,please give me some advice someone, im am patiently awaiting when do u tink I will get an appointment letter?

Edited by A&K_ Forever

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am f2a category, I have already paid for my visa since February and I sent all the supporting documents they asked for in April, my case was completed since july,please give me some advice someone, im am patiently awaiting when do u tink I will get an appointment letter?

All about your Priority Date. You need to wait for it to becomes current. Good luck.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Same boat with you. Case completed last month, waiting for appointment notice. NVC didn't say one should wait for pd to be current before scheduling interview, they said within 60 days. I checked some F2A timelines that got interview appointment within a year. Is a bit confusing

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Omg finally someone in the same boat as me, yes I totally agree they said within 60 to 90 days an appointment should be scheduled,and I also checked some f2a category and they got thro within 18 months , im very confused too, I keep thinking abt it so much,

I have sent all of my documents including affidavit of support, income taxes, etc. it was sent on 8/18/2016. Around when should I hear back from NVC?

Same boat with you. Case completed last month, waiting for appointment notice. NVC didn't say one should wait for pd to be current before scheduling interview, they said within 60 days. I checked some F2A timelines that got interview appointment within a year. Is a bit confusing

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Called NVC last week to check status on my case, (affidavit of support sent with all required documents and stuff) documents were sent on Aug18, 2016 and when called NVC last week, they said my sponsor and co sponsor had mixed up the signatures and so they wanted us to correct the signature by sponsor and co sponsor. All documents sent again. How long should I wait now for reply? (On the phone, agent informed that it's only the signature where sponsor should have signed, household member had signed) so it's all taken care. When should I hear back from NVC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

those F2As were current, double check again.

you have to be current to get any interview date.

even when you are current and have your interview date, then for some reasons, the VB retrogresses such that you become waiting again

as far as i understand, the embassy wont issue a visa.

when is your priority date?

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks oluwaseun, I read a lady's visa journey story in this site that got her case completed and interview appointment within 7 months. It was in Lagos consulate and that's why I am a bit curious because I am in Lagos as well. You can search the story in this site. Thanks.

It shall all end in praise!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.