Cillio

Inquire

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear all .

I'm inquiring about the sworn affidavit of my wife family like her mother and sister and father . That theyes know about our marriage is good faith and im not marriage her for the green card . I cant find the correct form .could u help me in that matter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I believe there is no "form" persay for a sworn affidavit for marriage; however, each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is a template for the persons you want to fill it. A form does not exist. Follow the link to see the template/example of how to write it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/332727-example-of-sworn-affidavits/

Edited by Keas

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Important thing to note: the sworn affidavits from each family member or friend must be notarized by a lawyer!

is this specific to India because I don't see anywhere where it says this and I did not get mine notarized by a lawyer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

is this specific to India because I don't see anywhere where it says this and I did not get mine notarized by a lawyer.

Sorry, most people get it notarized. No, it's not specific to India. It's just since an "affidavit" is a legal statement it's usually (and doesn't hurt to get it) notarized - but I just read that it is not required (unless the third party is outside of your circle of family and friends). Edited by BlessingDawn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

These statements count for very little, because of course friends and family will write them for you.

Concentrate on more concrete evidence such as time spent together, evidence of communication (emails, Facebook chats, phone bills) and photos.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

These statements count for very little, because of course friends and family will write them for you.

Concentrate on more concrete evidence such as time spent together, evidence of communication (emails, Facebook chats, phone bills) and photos.

people keep saying that yet it's the ONLY evidence I sent and I was approved with no problems and of all the things you've mentioned its the only thing that is actually listed on the USCIS website as evidence. So I beg to disagree.

Edited by Keas

Since you're not married yet (as per your previous posts), you cannot get affidavits from people confirming your marriage is bona fide yet.

However, you did mention your soon-to-be wife is spending a month with you in Egypt. Time spent together is far better than affidavits so focus on gathering evidence from her month with you. Photos, travel receipts, meeting your family, etc.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

people keep saying that yet it's the ONLY evidence I sent and I was approved with no problems and of all the things you've mentioned its the only thing that is actually listed on the USCIS website as evidence. So I beg to disagree.

Middle East and North Africa embassies are tougher though. Especially if there is a religious difference.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Middle East and North Africa embassies are tougher though. Especially if there is a religious difference.

I know they are but I wouldn't say they count for nothing I would def suggest sending other evidence as well along with the affidavits.

I know they are but I wouldn't say they count for nothing I would def suggest sending other evidence as well along with the affidavits.

Sure, they have their place and purpose. Especially for people who cannot travel to see each other often for religious or financial reasons (or because the intending immigrant cannot get a tourist visa). However, the OP is currently spending a month with his future wife so really has no need for affidavits. We didn't send any either but due to my job and the fact that I am from a VWP country I have been able to visit my husband dozens of times (I work for an airline). Had that not been possible, affidavits may have been an option for us.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Important thing to note: the sworn affidavits from each family member or friend must be notarized by a lawyer!

Affidavits do not need to be notarized at all.

Here's a sample. The persons who is filling it out specific information. Than their little statement and signature. No notary.

Affidavit-Eunice-example.doc

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

no they don't. A) you can get notaries done by people other than lawyers and b) you can submit statements vs affidavits and they're just as acceptable. After all, affidavits are about the lowest form of evidence you can get.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.