AJ17

New Apostille Rule for Moroccan Documents

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I guess my search is wonky or something because I could not find this with the search. It just comes up with coding rather than search results.

I wanted to post about a new rule concerning Moroccan documents we found out went into effect 10 days ago from today.

Procedure:

After getting all the documents required - in our case - singlehood certificate, court record, police record, birth certificate, etc, the Moroccan partner should go to www.apostille.ma and create the form that applies to the ones that should be translated - that the partner has and that are on this website.

These papers should be printed and signed by the person or place that prepared them for you - such as the court, police station or adoul. This certifies that these papers are original and real.

This should be done prior to taking the documents to be translated.

After translation, all of these forms should be taken to embassy for submission at time of visa interview.

We were shocked because no where in our package from the consulate was apostille mentioned. However, during his wait at the medical office, my fiance was told by someone there that you needed this now and that he found out from the court. Then the translator confirmed this to my fiance.

The USA requires this as both USA and Morocco are part of the Hague agreement - Morocco having just signed this last year but only recently implemented it. It was not listed on our interview documentation.

Our Story:

Met online through dating app because I had no idea how to limit the location.

Became friends through chatting.

Fell in love along the way.

Met in person in December and got engaged.

Filed petition in late February.

Got NOA February 26.

Got NOA2 April 28. Approved!

Got Notice from NVC dated May 13th that they are sending Application to Consulate.

Waiting for Consulate Interview Date.

Consulate says Ready for Interview - updated same status on 2 dates - June 17, July 14 and August 2nd.

Interview Date with Packet sent August 23, 2016.

Interview Date: September 9, 2016. Wish us good luck, please!

AP Waiting Hell: September 9 to present!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You best bet is to contact the US Embassy in Casablanca & ask them. Right for the horses mouth

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You best bet is to contact the US Embassy in Casablanca & ask them. Right for the horses mouth

They never pick up. I keep calling with no luck.

I would email them constantly! We had our interview on Aug. 12th but we never needed this. Granted this might be a very new thing, but I would email since yes - they NEVER answer ANY phone call :ranting:

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

Timeline

If you already interviewed, of course, you wouldn't need it. It went into effect about a 10+ days ago so not a lot of places even in Morocco itself knows because when my fiance went to get his police record, no one mentioned it. His friend asked the police chief in his hometown and he didn't know.

The consulate also do not answer their emails frequently either. I got an interview notice after about 2 months of both of us emailing them almost daily. They don't like picking up the phone and the operator there just shoos you off the phone even if you try to ask her a question.

Our interview is this coming Friday. As a precaution, to all new interviews - you should get this anyway.

In fact, the translator told my fiance he needed these apostilles before she would translate for him the papers we needed. So if you go to a translator - this one was given to my fiance at the medical office by a person who was also going through her visa journey.

I just thought to post this because this happened to my fiance. Up to you if you wish to take the chance or not but this is fairly recent.

The problem is you need to go directly to the province of where you got your papers and have them sign these papers with the originals. This may take time.

My fiance was unsure if it was required for us since we got our interview date on 8/23 and had less than 3 weeks to prepare. However, we prepared everything else already so he had court record, police record, birth certificate etc for translator. She told him this was needed. As did another fellow who was getting medical exam at the doctor's office on same day as my fiance.

Again, we are sharing this as courtesy so others do not get trapped in not having everything required.

Edited by AJ17

Our Story:

Got NOA February 26.

Got Notice from NVC dated May 13th that they are sending Application to Consulate.

Consulate says Ready for Interview - updated same status on 2 dates - June 17, July 14 and August 2nd.

Timeline

It applies to all documents you get in Arabic that need to be translated to English.

Our Story:

Got NOA February 26.

Timeline

From what i am reading your moroccan documetns must be certifeid when you bring them to the US

it says "TO BE CAST TO THE FOREIGN AUTHORITIES" Arabic does not translate good into English so cast in this case does not mean throw but means "to be given to the US "

get your documents certified by the translator before you bring things like the translated copies of birth, marriage, school records, record of shots, etc.

la mochika or no problem as translation officals usually do this

Pursuant to the instructions of ownership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, aimed at streamlining administrative rulers Moroccan citizens, the Kingdom of Morocco on November 27, 2015 the deposit of its instrument of accession to the Convention on the Abolition of the ratification of the foreign public documents condition to be cast abroad, which entered into force for the Kingdom of Morocco for the States Parties to the present Convention on August 142,016.

هذا، وتتميز هذه الاتفاقية بكونها ترمي إلى تبسيط وتسهيل مسطرة التصديق على الوثائق الصادرة عن السلطات الوطنية والمراد الادلاء بها لدى السلطات الأجنبية ... This, of this Convention and is characterized by being designed to simplify and facilitate the procedure of ratification of the documents issued by the national authorities, to be cast to the foreign authorities ...

Timeline

I see a lot of people writing reviews for recent interviews done in Morocco up to September 6, 2016. However, nobody mention anything about documents apostille required by the consulate in Casablanca.

Please share any updates. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.