michnyc

Can't submit an e-request

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My ROC process is outside of normal processing times and I wanted to submit an e-request on uscis.com

However, it doesnt let me submit due to an error. the message says:

• You must select the Form Number associated to your Receipt Number. The Form Number you selected does not match our records for that Receipt Number.

I dont understand, the form number clearly is I-751 and my receipt number starts with EAC

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Mich

~~moved to ROC from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

make sure you're using the receipt number from your biometrics.

~~moved to ROC from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

make sure you're using the receipt number from your biometrics.

Also Vermont is like 10 months... You've waited longer than that?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thank you for your response. I don't have any paperwork from the biometrics anymore. I think they kept the invite in their office. how can I find out the receipt number?

It has been over 13 months now and I am getting very frustrated. I already asked my senator for help but they also did not get any information so far. my next step would be to hire an immigration lawyer. what else can I do?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

my next step would be to hire an immigration lawyer. what else can I do?

I did some research as I am waiting as well. I don't believe hiring a lawyer at this time can add benefit. From what I read lawyers with their clients' cases past processing time can do little other than the service requests we do.

What about congressman, in addition to senators?

Perhaps you can locate your other receipt # by calling 1-800-375-5283 customer service.

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Thank you for your response. I don't have any paperwork from the biometrics anymore. I think they kept the invite in their office. how can I find out the receipt number?

It has been over 13 months now and I am getting very frustrated. I already asked my senator for help but they also did not get any information so far. my next step would be to hire an immigration lawyer. what else can I do?

You can try for citizenship which forces them to adjudicate your ROC.

You should call to make sure you haven't had an interview and to get the receipt number. If you give them your NOA1 number they can look it up.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

My ROC process is outside of normal processing times and I wanted to submit an e-request on uscis.com

However, it doesnt let me submit due to an error. the message says:

• You must select the Form Number associated to your Receipt Number. The Form Number you selected does not match our records for that Receipt Number.

I dont understand, the form number clearly is I-751 and my receipt number starts with EAC

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Mich

You need to enter the receipt number that came first after you applied (NOA1)and not from biometrics. When did you file ROC and when did you get NOA1?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to enter the receipt number that came first after you applied (NOA1)and not from biometrics. When did you file ROC and when did you get NOA1?

Not true, everyone's receipt number is changed after NoA1 to the number associated with biometrics (CRI-89), so without that new number, your service request cannot connect your case.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Not true, everyone's receipt number is changed after NoA1 to the number associated with biometrics (CRI-89), so without that new number, your service request cannot connect your case.

Unless they changed it after Aug 12, 2016 i don't see how that is true. I submitted a Service request using NOA1 receipt number on Aug 12th which was the correct one and service request went through and even got a response on Aug 25th. One that came with biometrics is used to check only case status.

As a matter of fact, when i entered the number from biometrics it gave me an error.

Edited by vkrishn

Thanks everybody.

To clarify, to check online status I should use receipt number of biometrics and to submit an e-request I should use receipt number of NOA1? I will have to call to see which is which.

When you call you can request a check anyhow that way you don't need to do it online. talk to a tier 2.

So I called them 2 weeks ago and yesterday again. Turns out that the call from 2 weeks ago resulted in a request, which I didn't realize. The person that I spoke to yesterday told me that my case was assigned to somebody and that I should receive correspondence on Sep 14th. I was surprised by the precise answer but I'll take it. I hope I know more in 7 days... my online status has not changed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.