soullos

Printing out chat logs

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Me and my fiancée are assembling everything we can muster to apply for a K-1 Fiancee Visa. We chat daily on Facebook and printing out the entire chat history is well over 3000 pages! It's both blessing and a curse. I'm going to print double-sided to cut down on the bulkiness, but should I print out the entire thing for the initial i-129f application? Or would that be too much to send? Should I print out excerpts instead? Or should I print it out only for the interview at the consulate in HCMC? ...print in full for both?? @_@

How did you all handle this? Any tips and advice would be helpful. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

printing 3000 pages is waste of time and money for you do you think CO will read all of your 3000 pages lol never he wont have time to even read few lines... i took 10kg of evidences and he did not even bother to see he knew i had all lol he just saw our photos in 3 seconds

Think of the trees....

How about a few pages showing the timeline of your relationship discussing Munda e things as well as planning wedding etc etc. More effective if lengthy time together than a huge stack of paper that won't get looked at.

You might even draw an IO's anger at bringing so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think just few pages, between i-129f priority date till now as they had the chat log we submitted prior i-129f.

I plan to have abt 10-15 pages for chat log.

USCIS:

2016-04-16: Filed I-129F

2016-04-18: USPS tracking shows package as delivered

2016-04-20: NOA1 E-mail received. Routed to CSC for processing.

2016-07-13: NOA2 App Notification. (84 days)

2016-07-19: NOA2 Hard Copy Rec'd

NVC:

2016-07-28: NVC case received

2016-07-29: NVC case #

2016-08-02: NVC left to Embassy (In Transit)

Embassy:

2016-08-04: Case is "READY"

2016-09-07: Medical exam

2016-09-12: Interview (APPROVED)

2016-10-01: JFK POE (Ticket booked)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sample of your chats is all that is needed.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Yeah I had a feeling 3000+ pages would be excessive, not to mention a waste of paper/money.

Should I submit recent chat logs, or samples of when we first met? A mixture of both? And yes I do plan on doing a timeline (maybe chat logs correlating to the timeline?), in addition to all the other forms of evidence (photos, receipts, my travel Visa to Vietnam, bank statements, plane ticket, call and text logs and more... @_@ )

Thanks for everyone's help so far. :)

Yeah I had a feeling 3000+ pages would be excessive, not to mention a waste of paper/money.

Should I submit recent chat logs, or samples of when we first met? A mixture of both? And yes I do plan on doing a timeline (maybe chat logs correlating to the timeline?), in addition to all the other forms of evidence (photos, receipts, my travel Visa to Vietnam, bank statements, plane ticket, call and text logs and more... @_@ )

Thanks for everyone's help so far. :)

You will be fine with the amount of evidence u can produce.

I especially like the idea of tying in chat records to your timeline e.g. travel plans you have made and discussed coupled with plane tickets correlating to same period.. Will put it into context for them

Edited by Hotstepper

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.