Jmc1

I-134 affidavit of support question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

Regarding the I-134 Affidavit of Support form… My USA fiancé has freelance employment and earns in excess of the 125% requirement. In terms of the supporting evidence to accompany the i-134 form, is it sufficient for us to simply include his 2015-2016 (plus 2014-2015 as a bonus) IRS transcripts as evidence of income, or do we also need to also include any of the following too..?

1. statement from bank showing deposits, date account opened, total amount deposited for the past year and present balance

2. statement from employer on business stationary showing… date and nature of employment, salary paid, whether position is temporary or permanent (plus last two pay stubs and previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)

Thank you very much in advance. I am very grateful for finding Visa Journey, I consider myself to be an organised person but this paperwork can be most confusing, and like everyone else we are keen to complete the paperwork correctly to prevent delays.

For London, just IRS tax transcripts is fine to demonstrate income. I recommend the last 3 years, although they will likely only ask for the latest.

Timeline

Thank you very much for clarifying Tom169. We have just received the NOA2, so may I check, are the 3x previous IRS transcripts only required at interview stage, or will any of them need to be submitted ahead of the interview?

Thank you!

Thank you very much for clarifying Tom169. We have just received the NOA2, so may I check, are the 3x previous IRS transcripts only required at interview stage, or will any of them need to be submitted ahead of the interview?

Thank you!

No problem. This is required at the interview stage where you will take them in person, along with other items listed at https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2015/11/iv_and_k_interview_checklist2014.pdf

Timeline

Thank you again!

Regarding that helpful link for the requirements of the US Embassy in London, it mentions the 'Affidavit of Support form 1-1864' - my understand that for the K1 finance visa process, this form will only be required at adjustment of status (after POE and marriage) later in the journey, way after the interview. Is this correct? I THINK this link only mentions that form for other visa types perhaps? But it's a little confusing!

Thank you again!

Regarding that helpful link for the requirements of the US Embassy in London, it mentions the 'Affidavit of Support form 1-1864' - my understand that for the K1 finance visa process, this form will only be required at adjustment of status (after POE and marriage) later in the journey, way after the interview. Is this correct? I THINK this link only mentions that form for other visa types perhaps? But it's a little confusing!

You do not need to take the I-864 for a K1, This is for other immigrant visas. Just take a signed I-134 with the supporting evidence.

All other applicants, including K-1 (fiancé/e) applicants must show evidence that they are not likely to become a public charge while in the United States. Use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer. Form I-134 is available from the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/i-134.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.