Rob L

Customers Stiff Waitress; Write ‘We Only Tip Citizens’ On Receipt

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Most food servers get tips from customers when they do the job.

All Sadie Elledge got was a xenophobic insult.

On Monday, the 18-year-old waitress was working the lunch shift at Jess’ Lunch, in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

At one of her tables was a couple that ordered two gyros and a salad.

Elledge told WHSV reporter Isabel Rosales that she gave them decent service, but when it came time to pay the $26.11 bill, she found a surprise on her receipt.

Instead of a tip, there was a note: “We only tip citizens,” with the signature of one “Adam. Dart.”

57b62bc61700001108c74180.jpeg
FACEBOOK

“I thought it was real disrespectful,” she told Rosales during a Facebook Live interview.

Elledge, whose father was born in Honduras and mother was born in Mexico, is a U.S. citizen who grew up in Harrisonburg.

She told Rosales she didn’t make a big deal about the insult, mainly because she’s used to it.

“I’ve had people make comments like ‘Go make me a burrito,’ but that’s at school and I don’t pay attention,’” she said.

Elledge’s grandfather, John Elledge, was more shocked by the receipt.

“She was calm and collected,” John Elledge told The Huffington Post. “I was more upset.”

Elledge is an attorney, but his granddaughter did not mention the incident to him at all.

“One of my other granddaughters works at my firm as a secretary,” he said. “She told me and I flew off the handle.”

He also posted the receipt on his Facebook page, where it quickly went viral.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Instead of a tip, there was a note: “We only tip citizens,” with the signature of one “Adam. Dart.”

Those Trump supporters are a real hoot! Obviously Mr Dart was just being sarcastic.

Smells fake. A lot of fake waitress tip note stories going around.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Is that what many people are saying?

Thats what I heard...its going around

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

Yes, I remember seeing this. I saw it before.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

It is all over twitter

I believe you.

It is all over twitter

And I believe you too.

"We only tip citizens" handwriting does not seems to match "Adam. Dart" signature :mellow:

I doubt Adam Dart even exists.

“The way I understand it, the woman who signed the receipt is at the restaurant this very second with the police,” he said Thursday afternoon. “She’s angry and the police are there. Apparently, she just signed the receipt. She didn’t write the comment.”

Her name is "Ada M. Doriot", not "Adam Dart".

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

May it is Ama Idiot

Smells fake. A lot of fake waitress tip note stories going around.

exactly, but anyone who would stiff a server unless she was beyond rude or lazy is a scum bag

People that treat service people badly are on the top of my list

exactly, but anyone who would stiff a server unless she was beyond rude or lazy is a scum bag

People that treat service people badly are on the top of my list

Even when I get a waiter or waitress that is terrible, I find it hard to totally stiff them. I usually give 10% to a bad server, but only once or twice have I left no tip at all.