hansdejesus

US military married to Korean National starting Immigration process

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm very new to these forums. I'm currently stationed in Korea with the Air Force, and recently got married to Korean National. We just went through a semi long process of getting our International Marriage Checklist approved to follow USFK regulation 600-240, international marriage. Inside the marriage checklist are required documents such as Visa Medical Examination of Visa applicant, Family registration, background check and other critical information. I'm in the process of compiling my wife's documents for her I-130. Asides the required forms, what else do i need to provide to better justify her petition? I have started a template and notified close family and friends to write an affidavit for our marriage legitimacy.

Is there anything else that will help our case to her I-130

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Asia: E/P Forum to Military-Related Immigration Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You're in luck since South Korea allows for direct consulate filing.

please take a look at this EZ guide. There is a bunch of evidence of a genuine relationship at the bottom to help figure out what to send. Also anything you can add your wife to regarding your military stuff like as your dependent would also be helpful http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Any paperwork that shows she's your dependent like DD Form 1172, copy of her ID card, command sponsorship, orders with her name on it, etc.

I-130/CR1 DCF ~ US Embassy Seoul
May 10, 2013 - I-130 Filed
May 13, 2013 - Received E-Packet 3

May 14, 2013 - Received E-Packet 4

May 14, 2013 - Medical ~ Yeouido St. Mary's Hospital
May 16, 2013 - Interview ~ US Embassy Seoul
APPROVED!!

May 20, 2013 - Passport and Visa in hand

:star: Completed in 7 business days!! :star:

N-400 319(e) Overseas Naturalization ~ Frankfurt

July 6, 2016 - N-400 Sent with fingerprints

July 12, 2016 - N-400 Delivered

July 20, 2016 - NOA

Aug 17, 2016 - Interview Letter

Aug 18, 2016 - Interview and Oath PASSED!!

:star: Completed in 40 days!! :star:

(L) I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!! (L)

• 2 weeks later...

DCF is a really good gig! Instead of waiting for months for your petition to get approved you will get it done within one month locally. Don't worry too much. I have got my CR-1 in my passport in four months. Same thing USAF member and ROK national )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.