farzram

Reviewed NOA2 for I-130 met only once ... Problem?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

So my brother just got his noa2 July 8th 2016 for his I-130. He sent in plenty of photos from his wedding with his wife with the petition.

They met only once, fell in love in a short amount of time and got married and he went back to the US because he needed to get back to his businesses and hasn't been back yet. Will that be a problem at the interview? Do you all suggest another short visit before the interview ? He has plenty of proof to show they speak every day (screenshots of viber and skype) to add and bring to interview.

Some background info- mailed in I-130 mid November, his wife lives in Afghanistan interview will be in Kabul.

Any suggestions and opinions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is definitely a red flag, but that doesn't mean he will get denied for sure. If he can, a second visit either before or for the interview would help,

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I agree with penguin, I'd definitely try and get another visit in.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

Thanks for your suggestions it's so hard for him to travel due to the distance and his business. I really hope he can make it but if he can't do you guys think it will come up in the interview? If she responds his job can't allow him to visit and the distance is so far is that a valid enough answer.... He's come this far doesn't want any problems

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The argument against "he didn't have time" then is that if he really loved you/ wanted to be with you, he would make the time, and also that maybe if he didn't have time, you should wait some, meet more often and get to know eachother in person before moving in together.

No one can tell you if it will be enough; there have been plenty of people approved with only one meeting, but also plenty denied. It depends on what other evidence you have, how long the relationship has been, the cultural norms in your country, how much other stuff you know about eachother and yes, also a bit on the mood of the CO at the time.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Lots of people visit when the distance is far and take unpaid time off to see their loved ones. If you love someone, you move mountains.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thanks for your suggestions it's so hard for him to travel due to the distance and his business. I really hope he can make it but if he can't do you guys think it will come up in the interview? If she responds his job can't allow him to visit and the distance is so far is that a valid enough answer.... He's come this far doesn't want any problems

This is only once in a lifetime (if he doesnt divorce her and file again) that he will need to sacrifice. If he really wants to show but not only that he should miss her and want to see her... But anyway its the time now vs regret later.

They may be approved you may be denied it depends on the evidence he submitted and on the CO...

Good luck :)

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi there! I had a family friend who was in a very similar situation, it was an arranged marriage and the man was from America while his wife was in Afghanistan and they only met for about one month when he travelled to do the wedding and he didn't see her till she came to America due to work, money, etc. Because this is common practice in our culture, the embassy understands that so only meeting once before marriage really isn't a red flag for Afghans because it's part of the custom. As long as they have enough evidence of their relationship continuing from then and photos from their wedding and meetings you should be fine. If he can visit then that's even better but of course with the situation in Afghanistan and how expensive it is to travel there, it really is difficult to see loved ones there and the embassy knows it. So I would tell your brother not to worry, many people have had very similar cases and they've been approved. Good luck and I hope that inshallah his wife comes soon!

Timeline

Hi there! I had a family friend who was in a very similar situation, it was an arranged marriage and the man was from America while his wife was in Afghanistan and they only met for about one month when he travelled to do the wedding and he didn't see her till she came to America due to work, money, etc. Because this is common practice in our culture, the embassy understands that so only meeting once before marriage really isn't a red flag for Afghans because it's part of the custom. As long as they have enough evidence of their relationship continuing from then and photos from their wedding and meetings you should be fine. If he can visit then that's even better but of course with the situation in Afghanistan and how expensive it is to travel there, it really is difficult to see loved ones there and the embassy knows it. So I would tell your brother not to worry, many people have had very similar cases and they've been approved. Good luck and I hope that inshallah his wife comes soon!

Hey!!! Thanks so much for the reply! You really just made us feel a lot better lol. I was hoping someone coming from experience with the afghan embassy and Afghanistan would reply but there aren't many active members from that country.

You are right- it is the cultural norm and I'm sure they will understand. Thanks so much for your help and helping us feel a lot better about the situation because honestly it's not that he doesn't want to visit- it's nearly impossible with how far it is and his job just makes is nearly impossible! Thanks again :)

What are they going to fire him for taking time off saying he wants to visit his wife? Really? I doubt that.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

What are they going to fire him for taking time off saying he wants to visit his wife? Really? I doubt that.

he operates and runs over 25 stores lol.... All hell breaks lose when he's gone for a day- last time he was gone for a few weeks it was pure chaos. Very very hard- plus situation in Afghanistan and traveling for him isn't the best option and his wife understands that. Sunnysoshi seems to have experience with other people in same situation in country and we hope we get understood just like them. Thank you.

Btw- why are you rude on like every single post you comment on? Lighten up a bit :)

Im not being rude. I just have a very hard time believing any one person is that important to a job or that a job is that unforgiving. It's that incredible to me. Rather like asking me to believe in Santa Claus again.

I'll push the "I believe button" and wish your family the best in your future endeavors. :)

Timeline

Im not being rude. I just have a very hard time believing any one person is that important to a job or that a job is that unforgiving. It's that incredible to me. Rather like asking me to believe in Santa Claus again.

I'll push the "I believe button" and wish your family the best in your future endeavors. :)

Thanks for your well wishes, as for his job he runs 25 franchises all over the state and works day till night so it is indeed pretty impossible.

Timeline

NLR is right! NLR and most of us on this side, we just try to help each other and tell what is should and guide us to a safe side. The decision is ourself. Good luck!

Yeah totally get where you guys are coming from and I understand it's weird to grasp the concept of not being able to leave your job but it really is sooooooooo hard and nearly impossible. But like sunnysoshi said and other advice from people in Afghanistan it's a cultural norm and the traveling to Afghanistan is not the most ideal or safest. Thanks for your replies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.