receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Jan 14, 2016 - paid fee

Jan 15, 2016 - POE

March 10, 2017 - card is being produced

March 13, 2017 - card is in the mail

March 15, 2017 - notification from USPS that a package is heading my way (never got tracking details from USCIS - just through my.usps.com)

March 16, 2017 - card arrived!

Wow! Another 14 months later and I just received another notification email from USCIS telling me that "On March 16, 2017, the Post Office delivered your new card". I'm glad to see they're still on the ball.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Status updated on July 13th to “Card being produced”

Any idea how long it’s currently taking from that status to getting the card on hand?

TIA

Edited by Mrs. DPK

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, shahryar said:

Does the card come in priority mail from USPS? does USPS throw it in the mailbox, or do they need signature?

They put it in the mailbox, no signature needed. At least in my case.

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

August 7, 2018 - Paid immigration fee.

August 9, 2018 - POE Logan Airport, Boston.

August 9 - September 9 - Payment received.

September 10, 2018 - Card is being produced.

Hopefully I get my green card in hand in 10-11 days. 

Hi everyone.

I dont know if this is the right thread to ask about Green Card and SSN but I hope someone could help. My husband (petitioner) is a military and they are now stationed to a different state. When I was filling out the DS-260, there's a question asking where they will send the GC and SSN, I put his uncle's address in California because we dont have an address yet due to the change of stations. Is it possible for me to fly in the states without a physical address? Because I read somewhere that I need to update it in my POE but right now my husband is still out in the sea and we still dont have an address. We're planning to look for a home when we're finally together. I just got my visa approved yesterday, btw. I hope someone can help cos I really wanna fly out soon to be with him. I wanna end this stressful waiting game soon. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum. I applied consular processing for my green card. My immigrant visa (E12) was approved and I entered USA on August 10, 2018. The receipt number starts with "IOE" and it says OS155A when I log in to uscis website to check its status. I(the primary applicant) and my spouse (the dependent) entered JFK on the same day. Three weeks after we entered, my spouse got his green card in mail. Where as the primary applicant, my status still says " we received your payment on XXX, 2018 and you will need to wait 120 days." Should I be worried? When is the usual time to receive the green card in mail after arrival to USA? Many thanks. I would appreciate your response.  As far as I saw on this forum, there is quite a bit of variation across the timeline for individuals but any information would help at this point.

Edited by dy1980

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

No rhyme or reason to it  - some people get it within a week of landing, others it takes months. There are a couple of bottlenecks:

1. The Point of Entry - the speed with which they actually forward the materials to USCIS (CBP just receives them from you, and then sends them on the USCIS). Under the CBP's own internal guidelines, they process you into the country by stamping your visa, and then they complete a data information sheet (I-89), check your documents, and then mail the whole package to a USCIS service center for processing. They are supposed to conduct quality control to ensure nothing's missing before it goes out, however if something is missing (like an officer forgot to sign a form), it could get sent back to the Point of Entry, or just end up in an administrative black hole. Moreover, they won't affirmatively contact you if something's wrong, they wait for you to eventually (120 days after entry) contact them. 

2. The Service Center - there are 6 USCIS service centers (California, Vermont, Texas, Nebraska, Virginia and the National Benefits Center (Missouri) - they don't publicize which center gets forwarded the packages, but all USCIS service centers have huge backlogs these days. It could be the case that those that get processed quickly are those that happen to go to a service center that prioritizes them. In general, those entering the USA with immigrant visas have less of a need for a green card due to the one-year "temporary I-551" than people who adjust status in the USA. 

3. The Officer at the Service Center - the file requires data entry and review by an ISO (Immigration Services Officer), once signed-off on, it goes through a 72 hour hold period before it is sent through two different systems for actual card production. If there's any issue at any of these stages, the whole process can be delayed. 

4. Production/Mailing - there are two facilities that actually manufacture green cards - one in Missouri, one in Kentucky. These also manufacture work authorization cards, refugee travel docs, and ID cards for TSA employees. 

5. Mailing - the card can only be mailed to the address given at the Port of Entry, and the online address change process may not feed into the card production system. Getting a non-delivered green card replaced requires filing of another form (I-90) and that can take up to 12 months. 

5 hours ago, Alhambratoday said:

No rhyme or reason to it  - some people get it within a week of landing, others it takes months. There are a couple of bottlenecks:

1. The Point of Entry - the speed with which they actually forward the materials to USCIS (CBP just receives them from you, and then sends them on the USCIS). Under the CBP's own internal guidelines, they process you into the country by stamping your visa, and then they complete a data information sheet (I-89), check your documents, and then mail the whole package to a USCIS service center for processing. They are supposed to conduct quality control to ensure nothing's missing before it goes out, however if something is missing (like an officer forgot to sign a form), it could get sent back to the Point of Entry, or just end up in an administrative black hole. Moreover, they won't affirmatively contact you if something's wrong, they wait for you to eventually (120 days after entry) contact them. 

2. The Service Center - there are 6 USCIS service centers (California, Vermont, Texas, Nebraska, Virginia and the National Benefits Center (Missouri) - they don't publicize which center gets forwarded the packages, but all USCIS service centers have huge backlogs these days. It could be the case that those that get processed quickly are those that happen to go to a service center that prioritizes them. In general, those entering the USA with immigrant visas have less of a need for a green card due to the one-year "temporary I-551" than people who adjust status in the USA. 

3. The Officer at the Service Center - the file requires data entry and review by an ISO (Immigration Services Officer), once signed-off on, it goes through a 72 hour hold period before it is sent through two different systems for actual card production. If there's any issue at any of these stages, the whole process can be delayed. 

4. Production/Mailing - there are two facilities that actually manufacture green cards - one in Missouri, one in Kentucky. These also manufacture work authorization cards, refugee travel docs, and ID cards for TSA employees. 

5. Mailing - the card can only be mailed to the address given at the Port of Entry, and the online address change process may not feed into the card production system. Getting a non-delivered green card replaced requires filing of another form (I-90) and that can take up to 12 months. 

Thank you very much for this useful information. I feel better now and I will just have to wait for a few more months, I guess. I will keep this forum posted if I hear any news in the meantime!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, dy1980 said:

Have you received any update on your case, TheAkazs?

Yes! Finally!

Received the green card on September 7, 2018. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.