Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/15/2016 at 1:09 PM, broppy said:

No luck here. 11 months and still no green card.

Paid - 14 Jan 2016

POE - 15 Jan 2016 (Sweet Grass, MT)

USCIS case status - payment received 8 Feb 2016

I spoke with a USCIS officer in October who seemed to think the hold-up was because my fingerprints were too faint, but couldn't actually do anything to help. A few days later I got a letter - "Further research is needed in regards to your inquiry. You should receive correspondence within the next 60 days...".

Still nothing after one year, so I submitted a request for case assistance to the CIS Ombudsman. I can't really tell if that helped - they didn't provide any useful feedback except to say that they'd contact USCIS on my behalf and a few weeks later said that USCIS had reached a decision. I like to think their involvement helped, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Either way, I can finally update with:

March 10 - card is being produced

March 13 - card is in the mail

March 15 - notification from USPS that a package is heading my way (never got tracking details from USCIS - just through my.usps.com)

March 16 - card arrived!

That's a total of 426 days from POE!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Still nothing after one year, so I submitted a request for case assistance to the CIS Ombudsman. I can't really tell if that helped - they didn't provide any useful feedback except to say that they'd contact USCIS on my behalf and a few weeks later said that USCIS had reached a decision. I like to think their involvement helped, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Either way, I can finally update with:

March 10 - card is being produced

March 13 - card is in the mail

March 15 - notification from USPS that a package is heading my way (never got tracking details from USCIS - just through my.usps.com)

March 16 - card arrived!

That's a total of 426 days from POE!

broppySame boat as you, Dad got his GC but mom still hasn't got her GC. 
Paid Fees: Aug 16th 2015
POE: Denver OCT 17th 2016
USCIS case status - null
I tried Email request online,
called up customer service several times And also have been to info-pass a couple of times.
Offices at Infopass say the documents are ready just need to be assigned to an office so GC can be printed out. All they can do is send an email to HQ and I have to wait it out.

How do I go about submitting a request for case assistance to the CIS Ombudsman?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Here is my timeline:

10/21/16 - Fee Paid, Biometrics

11/16/16 - POE San Francisco

01/30/17 - Received letter stating biometrics had been lost/corrupted and needed to be retaken

02/17/17 - Biometrics Appointment

04/03/17 - Green Card Arrived

So from arriving in the US it was around 4.5 months until the physical Green Card was in my hand. My IOE number never worked to track progress online. It's pretty painful trying to get through to an actual agent over the telephone, but once we we finally got through (on hold several hours a day, every day for a week) the agent was very helpful with fixing the biometrics mess-up.  

IR1

05/04/16 - Filed I-130

06/06/16 - NOA1 Email Received

07/15/16 - I-130 Approved

07/16/16 - DS-260 Submitted, Applied for Police Certificate

07/27/16 - Police Certificate Received, Applied for SAR

08/31/16 - SAR Received

09/14/16 - Knightsbridge Medical 

10/21/16 - London Embassy Interview - Immigrant Visa Approved

10/31/16 - Visa Packet Arrived

11/16/16 - Landed in San Francisco

11/21/16 - Applied for SSN

02/17/17 - Green Card Biometrics Appointment

04/03/17 - Green Card Arrived

Here is my timeline:

04/23/17 - Paid immigration fee

04/29/17 - POE San Francisco

05/15/17 - USCIS Status update - Card is in production. According to the website, they ordered production on May 14, which is weird cause that was a Sunday

Now waiting for the card itself

• 2 months later...

I had the interview on July 12 2017                            Paid the immigrant visa on july 14 2017.                POE LAX August 2 2017.                                     Os155a accepted, card beeing produced on August 13 2017.                                                      Now i am wainting for my GC. Yeeei

Hi everyone...                                                            interview 07/12/17.                                                  Immigrant visa fee paid on 07/14/17.                 POE LAX 08/02/17.                                             OS155a accepted and card being produced on 08/13/17.   Waiting for my GC yeei

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello, 

Our interview was on the 5th of September. 
POE Houston, Texas on 14th September.
Paid Fee on 15th September. 
Still waiting as of 29th September, and we don't know if this is normal or not! We are starting to get a bit worried. All we had to do was pay the fee, right? And it is supposed to arrive at our address listed on all the forms within two weeks? It has been exactly two weeks. If we don't get it by Monday, what are the next steps? My husband is getting call backs from job applications already, but we don't have a SSN or physical Green card, and he can't get a driver's license without some form of mail and a SSN. It is very frustrating. Any help in the right direction would be insanely appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 12:05 AM, Blessing250 said:

Paid fee on 09/26/2017

POE on 10/16/2017

USCIS status: payment received and may 120 days to process.

Do you have any update on your status? 

On 9/29/2017 at 2:48 PM, goobies said:

Hello, 

Our interview was on the 5th of September. 
POE Houston, Texas on 14th September.
Paid Fee on 15th September. 
Still waiting as of 29th September, and we don't know if this is normal or not! We are starting to get a bit worried. All we had to do was pay the fee, right? And it is supposed to arrive at our address listed on all the forms within two weeks? It has been exactly two weeks. If we don't get it by Monday, what are the next steps? My husband is getting call backs from job applications already, but we don't have a SSN or physical Green card, and he can't get a driver's license without some form of mail and a SSN. It is very frustrating. Any help in the right direction would be insanely appreciated!

Just breathe and relax... usually its going to take  around 2 months... in my case even when I received my GC , i had to apply for SSN by myself... GBU

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Paid fee: 9/6/17

POE: 9/8/17

USCIS status: Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received

Spoiler

Petition for Alien Relative (I-130):

I-130 NOA1 :    2016-10-17
I-130 Approved :    2017-02-22
Received at NVC :    2017-03-10
IV Package sent :    2017-04-11

Checklist :    2017-06-14 (Police report from third country)

Checklist Document sent :    2017-07-26
Case Transferred to Consulate from NVC :    2017-08-23 (After expedite request)
Interview Date :    2017-09-05 (Approved)

Visa Issue and pick-up date: 2017-09-06

POE: 2017-09-08

Card being produced: 2017-11-27

Removal of Conditions:

I-751 Received at Dallas: 2019-06-13

I-751 NOA (Potomac Center): 2019-06-21

Biometrics appointment notice: 2019-10-04

Biometrics appointment: 2019-10-24

Interview scheduled: 2021-01-05 (Canceled after request due to out-of-state and COVID travel restrictions)

Naturatlization:

N400 Online filing date: 2020-10-01

N400 NOA: 2020-10-01

Biometrics reuse notice: 2021-01-13

N400 Interview Notice: 2021-04-19

N400/I751 Combo Interview: 2021-05-27

N400 Oath: 2021-05-28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.