montgomery

Proof of meeting within 2 years and ongoing relationship (merged threads)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd focus on face to face stuff such as photos and travel tickets along with the emails and phone records. I wouldn't print out thousands of Skype messages - especially if they are trivial (they don't want to see page and pages of "I love you" and "I miss you").

Which embassy will you be interviewing at?

You can also take a pic of skype calls.It will show the duration on cam and that will work. I saved about three per month to show ongoing conversations.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i did passport stamps and my itinerary that had been sent to my email to confirm trips

a few pages each year, month of chats is good

photos of trips showing where you are (road marks and buildings)

photos with family of the other party

financee or spouse???

important sometimes to give a little more information

good luck to you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There is some software that has been mentioned on this site which basically creates a call log of your Skype history. I made the log going back a year and it showed the duration of calls as well. I took a screenshot here and there per month for 2 years and some random ones showing our friendship of 14 years online, I also took screen shots of FB messenger chats and printed 4 per page.

I129f petition filed November 19th 2014
NOA1 email notification November 24th 2014
NOA1 hard copy received November 27th 2014
NOA2 e notification May 21st 2015

Sent to NVC: June 4th 2015

Case number assigned: June 6th 2015

Case sent to Islamabad embassy: June 15th 2015

Packet 3.5 received via email: June 23rd 2015

Packet 3.5 sent: August 5th 2015

Packet 4 received: August 25th 2015

Medical: August 28 2015

Medical report received: September 3rd 2015

Interview: September 17th 2015 APPROVED!!!!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy:

Visa Issued (CEAC Status): 18th September 2015
Visa in hand: 29th September 2015 (L)

Flights booked: 30th September 2015 (3 stop overs, 30 hours total flight time including lay over :shocked: )

POE: AUH 13th November 2015

Got married: 18th November 2015 (L)

Applied for SSN: 24th November 2015

Received SSN: 30th November 2015

Sent AOS package: 08th February 2016

NOA1 (electronic) received (I-765): 16th February 2016

NOA1 (electronic) received (I-485): 16th February 2016

Biometrics: 11th March 2016

EAD I-765 Approved: 12th April 2016

EAD received: 16th April 2016

Aos Interview (Pittsburgh): 26th May 2016 (Approved)

Conditional Permanent Resident card received: 3rd June 2016

Filed: Timeline

I just tell SKYPE to go back 6 months, put the cursor into the messages already sent area, CTL-A to highlight all then CTL-C to copy all the messages then open Word and CTL-P to paste the messages, then save. Works great.

On your keyboard there's this super cool button. It's called PRT SCN. It takes a screen shot of your monitor(s). You then paste that screen shot into a PAINT or WORD file and voila, you have picture of your skype chats.

Now print that out. VOILA!!! You now have a paper copy of a screen shot of your skype calls. Do this as many times as you want to show you regularly communicate. No you do not need to have all of them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I thought about that, but luggage tags are 8in long, 2in wide and sicky and kinda folded up and what not. Not sure a photo copy would come out very good. Also, I am pretty sure a pic of passport stamps would come out much more clear than a photo copy. But....what do most people do?

I printed boarding passes (i had pdfs of them all as I check in online) and scanned my passport entry stamps. I circled them too, as I've travelled a lot so it wasn't always easy to see which stamp on the page applied. I then numbered each sheet, and itemized my individual trips to the USA (several), eg

31 day visit 1st May 2015 to 1st June 2015

1) boarding passes for LHR to ATL and ATL to ILM (sheet 1)

2) US entry stamp (sheet 2)

3) photo of us together with fiancee's family in XXX town at the Aquarium, on 12th May 2015 (sheet 3). Receipt from the Aquarium, showing date (Sheet 4)

They don't require this evidence to be submitted in any particular way, but I thought this made it easier rather than just having a pile of documents that they'd have to try and work out what they showed.

My fiancee also visited me in the UK, so we documented that too. We didn't want to overwhelm them with evidence, but at the same time we wanted to make it indisputable that we'd met within past 2 years, as required.

I didn't provide any chat logs or evidence of internet communication in my original submission, at I was mainly concerned about proving we'd met within past 2 years for that. I took some print outs from Facebook of our "official" engagement announcement and photos of US on vacation to the interview but they were never asked for.

Edited by Limey

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.