tenino

Is there any statute of limitation on I-751 waiver based on cruelty?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I understand you dont have internet. Take your time in responding.

Some things in this thread are not accurate. Like filing for vawa (360). Heres all you need to know.--

"The fact that you got divorced does not mean that your marriage was not entered in good faith. What matters is your intent at the time you were married, and to show that you did not create this marital union to gain an immigration benefit. The circumstances that occurred after that won't affect your case."
People divorce and send in good faith waivers every single day. You should have no problem (depending on your evidence) getting approved for that. The abuse waiver tic box is much more complicated. As stated you need to prove abuse by the USC. This is more then just text messages. This includes police reports, medical reports, Dr statements, affidavits from others- Honestly its too long to list everything that can be needed or used.
Theres nothing wrong with gathering proof of the abuse but I dont think you will need it. You would have to be denied for good faith and then apply in front of the Immigration Judge with the abuse waiver. BUT you also have to proof good faith when you check abuse so if you were denied good faith alone you can not expect to switch to abuse and be approved with out additional good faith evidence. I also do not think you will have sufficient proof to get approved with abuse.
As for removal proceedings? Is there any reason to think you would be in that? You would know if your status was changed and were called to court.

As for removal proceedings? Is there any reason to think you would be in that? You would know if your status was changed and were called to court.

After divorce I had been able to get a job for some time and that time employer checked the e-verify so I think I am legal but just there is a question on form so I am wondering how to answer that truthfully coz my in-laws might have told on me to uscis to kick me out.

Filed: Timeline

They can tell them all they want. Theres no reason for USCIS to kick you out. Look I understand things are scary and youve got people telling you all kinds of things to not only scare you but to get you to do what they want.

USCIS has specific policies and guidelines in place to protect aliens from abusive USCs or LPR spouses. This is why you can file under good faith with out your spouse. This is why there is the abuse tic box. Unfortunately USCIS has strict guidelines for their definition of abuse and you may not qualify. That doesnt mean you werent abused or treated poorly it just means you dont meet USCIS criteria.

You should look into getting free or low cost therapy. If you have insurance it should be covered. Youve been through a lot and need support and encouragement. You need to understand the relationship you were in was toxic and learn how to overcome it and not repeat it.

You can use the DoJ's automated system at 1-800-898-7180 (1 for English, 2 for Spanish, then enter your alien number aka your USCIS number on your green card) to check whether you have any removal actions outstanding against you.

That doesn't seem likely, given your circumstances.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

You can use the DoJ's automated system at 1-800-898-7180 (1 for English, 2 for Spanish, then enter your alien number aka your USCIS number on your green card) to check whether you have any removal actions outstanding against you.

That doesn't seem likely, given your circumstances.

I called the number and put the aliean number and the message said the number you entered does not match with the record in the system or the case has not been filed with immigration court.

I called the number and put the aliean number and the message said the number you entered does not match with the record in the system or the case has not been filed with immigration court.

so you've never been in deportation proceedings.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

folks I have other question please don't mind if I am bugging out coz I have not updated address since i got gc and now in the application I am using current address. where will they send notice of extension and do i still need to update address?

Uscis.gov

That is link to website but Where do I check which address they might could send the notice coz I am scarred now coz it could go to my inlaws place. Anybody has that experience?

Here...read this, and change your address to your new one asap: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAInitForm.do;jsessionid=548EAFF3D409D6CE24A5ECC2FC26C1F7

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

That is link to website but Where do I check which address they might could send the notice coz I am scarred now coz it could go to my inlaws place. Anybody has that experience?

Please use this link to update your address: https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Hi all good folks of visajourney today I got the noa and now waiting for biomatric and it feels like lot of load has been take off my head. Thank you all for motivation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.