Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

https://pennstatelaw...cessing-FAQ.pdf

This is about AP (the link above)

It isn't specific to Egypt or your particular case.

But it gives you an idea of what they are doing.

Read everything here for question #10 that's the best explaination to your question.

Edited by dillygoose

Timeline

You can also read more here:

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

Again this is just an overview of what happens in AP (not particular to any country or case type).

If you read point #4, it tells you what a 'name hit' means, i.e. common name that matches one in the security database

Edited by dillygoose

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

HI bookman

The Co told you that you have a very common last name. OK

And you will go through background check.

Is your common last name that they will check it on the American database or on your country?

I mean,

You have a common last name

Will they check it on the American database or on your country's database?

yeah Co told hubby's that check will be done in the U.S

Timeline

yeah Co told hubby's that check will be done in the U.S

Co told hubby's that they need to do some check in the U.S. He asked Co if he failed the interview Co said No. CO asked hubby's for his contact number n told him, "we will call u within one or two months when we re done. Plz keep ur phone on." Handed him white 221g slip. I email embassy three times but same replied. " case is undergoing mandated AP."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Who is here under Mandatory Administrative Processing?

I know bookman and I under this process but who else?

I'm under this process 105 days since the day of the interview.

Timeline

I've emailed the embassy 3 times.

I contacted all 3 of my congresspeople (2 senators and 1 from the house of representatives).

The only response I get is the same thing over and over. All they say is 'mandatory security checks' and they will process the case once that is done.

But no updates and the response is just the formal standard reply. It's the same response when I email or when my congressperson contacts the embassy. The exact same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dillygooes.

I have same thing, I wish I can hear good news from the embassy soon in sha Allah because I miss my wife and my kids so much.

Wish for all of us a good news.

Please guys keep updating here.

Thank you and wish for all of you a good day

Timeline

Who is here under Mandatory Administrative Processing?

I know bookman and I under this process but who else?

I'm under this process 105 days since the day of the interview.

halalbother we re on AP 107days correct me if am wrong?. 15weeks 2days. No single undates. I heard that once case does not update that mean DOS did not find any record...meaning that AP will be clear after 4months. But as of recent most AP cases Got clear b/w 5 - 6months. We re almost done with this guys..we got this!

Timeline

https://pennstatelaw...cessing-FAQ.pdf

This is about AP (the link above)

It isn't specific to Egypt or your particular case.

But it gives you an idea of what they are doing.

Read everything here for question #10 that's the best explaination to your question.

dillygoose I have read everything concerning AP since hubby's got put on AP lol.

Timeline

Hi all,

We are in AP since October 26th 2015. We are very desperate at this point. Last update was February 2016. I don't want to involve congressman again, I did in January 20th, and then it updated on the 22nd, on the 31st and lastly on February 1st.

I am afraid they might get mad and reject it. I am in panic mode.

In 2 years, almost 3 years of marriage, my husband and I just had our first argument, and it is because of this situation. He has been without job all this time and is not easy for him.

I forgot to say we are I130

awww we re on the same boat hubby's is out of job.i'm alone here in the U.S. have to work n take care of the entire family including hubby. Very stressful jiss08111..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.