Aly11

Visa revoked , help

61 posts in this topic

The fact that the marriage is arranged is not the problem. It's consistent with OP's culture. The waiver will be necessary if you truly have a 5-year ban. You marry, your wife petitions for you, you go through the whole process then you'll get denied at your visa interview because of your ban. You'll be told if you can submit a waiver then.

The fact that the marriage was arranged was not the problem. The fact that OP is on an F1 visa, is working when they shouldn't be, and has a USC fiancee shows immigrant intent.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Arranged marriages are common in India.

OP's intent in going for a marriage to a USC, while banned in the US, is another matter.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Timeline

Yes those are common in India and not only but don't mistake marriage arrangements for the couples who are already in love and are dating for a certain period of time and naturally are moving on towards the marriage step, as it normally should be with your parents ''fixing'' you a marriage real quick just for you to be able to live in the States is clearly a red flag and not something that should be done.

One more thing is , my parents have fixed my marriage to a us citizen who will be coming to my place to get the marriage done. Can she apply for me even if I'm in deported case?

Yes those are common in India and not only but don't mistake marriage arrangements for the couples who are already in love and are dating for a certain period of time and naturally are moving on towards the marriage step, as it normally should be with your parents ''fixing'' you a marriage real quick just for you to be able to live in the States is clearly a red flag and not something that should be done.

Semantics perhaps?

Either way, the whole thing has 'shady' written all over.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

The fact that the marriage is arranged is not the problem. It's consistent with OP's culture. The waiver will be necessary if you truly have a 5-year ban. You marry, your wife petitions for you, you go through the whole process then you'll get denied at your visa interview because of your ban. You'll be told if you can submit a waiver then.

Exactly. In OP's culture "fixed" marriages are a very common practice. This wouldn't be a red flag in India. In middle eastern countries, especially Saudi, almost all marriages are arranged by the mother and father. Most couples don't even meet each other until the time of the wedding.

Edited by Meg&Andrew

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

I don't think anyone has an issue with an arranged marriage on here. We're stating because he's engaged to a USC, that he has more intent to immigrate than previously.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps if he showed that she was the one moving?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

I dont think they will issue you a visa waiver now

do your finals on line or at a local school, if you

were working illegally then you'd do it again, also

border patrol knows their on the ground work they

don't always give correct legal info about th process

to return

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Sorry for asking but just out of curiosity how did the CBP find out that you were working under the table , did you just told him that?

There's definitely more to it than working some minimum wage job illegally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Usually it is because they have had suspicion and found evidence.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The marriage is not now. It is after 2 years. I am eligible for waivers as they have given me some papers and it is written in that. The only thing I want to know is will there be any problem filing the petition after 2 years or so?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.