18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have a blessed day yesterday my interview it's gonna be good the cosular officer told me wait ten days my visa approved but I want to.know.when how many.time later status changed in.issued my.current status is.ADMIN PROCESS MY.VISA.TYPE CR1

Congratulations on your approval.

Administrative processing happens to all visas after interview. In many cases it just means someone is working on your case and actually issuing and printing the visa. However, for some people it means extra security checks are being carried out also and this can go on for weeks or months. You need to keep checking the status and see if it changes to "issued".

Are you make or female? Almost all males from Pakistan go through additional security checks before the visa can be printed.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

I am male yesterday my.interview at 7am my.visa is approve but status.us admin process I.want to.know.how.manu.time.later admin process changed into issued

Edited by Pidipompi@myself

Expect it to take several weeks. If it's any faster it will be a bonus.

There are many Pakistani males here who have been in AP status for a long time. You can read about their experiences here, for example

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/523897-new-islamabad-ap-tracker-part-iii-merged-thread/

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have a blessed day yesterday my interview it's gonna be good the cosular officer told me wait ten days my visa approved but I want to.know.when how many.time later status changed in.issued my.current status is.ADMIN PROCESS MY.VISA.TYPE CR1

Congratz!!!

Had my interview on 26th May and the consular also said its approved and you will get your passport in ten days...but my CEAC status still says 'ready for interview'... however the date last updated has changed a few times, the last date being of todays....

Congratulations on your approval :yes: soon as your security check clears you'll be here the length of time is unknown but at least your approved pending AP :yes:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Aadi - My Fiancé had her interview on 31st May in Islamabad. Interview went really well and she was told she is approved and should receive visa in 10 days. Since then - almost the same day CASE creation date changed to 5/31/2016 and status update on 5/31/2016. CEC status shows Ready and no update since then.. so I decided to send them an email asking for directional timeline - the response was -

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that this case is in its final processing/review. Please feel free to check back with our office after 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

<KM10>

"

The funny thing is her status does not show AP .. Just ready... Not really sure what is this email means - Final processing or review? Why would they call for interview or tell someone your visa approved and receive it in 10 days - if that is not case?

Ashif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

ours was never updated / still says "ready for interview"

and we were approved July 2015 and he arrived in late august

already have green card, driving license and a job

WOW.. Congrats..But for us who is going through it.. it is sad because this is the only platform provides any insight to your case.

Ashif

Timeline

Aadi - My Fiancé had her interview on 31st May in Islamabad. Interview went really well and she was told she is approved and should receive visa in 10 days. Since then - almost the same day CASE creation date changed to 5/31/2016 and status update on 5/31/2016. CEC status shows Ready and no update since then.. so I decided to send them an email asking for directional timeline - the response was -

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that this case is in its final processing/review. Please feel free to check back with our office after 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

<KM10>

"

The funny thing is her status does not show AP .. Just ready... Not really sure what is this email means - Final processing or review? Why would they call for interview or tell someone your visa approved and receive it in 10 days - if that is not case?

Ashif

Yeah.. the 10 days thing seems to be a standard thing told to all applicants.From what I've read on this forum, takes around at least one to two months after the interview to have the visa issued. So wasn't really expecting to have it in 10 days. U say ur case creation date also changed to May 31, 2016. Shouldn't this remain same as the original case creation date?

The thing that did bother me was my status showing 'ready' instead 'AP' after the interview. But my status update dates after the interview on May 26th changed to June 02, 07 and 10, so felt it was moving forward and didn't bother emailing the embassy about it.

Anyway, hopefully you're fiance gets her visa soon, processing of female applicants visas is faster as per comments on the forum :)

Timeline

BY.THE.GRACE OF GOD MY VISA APPROVE MY STATUS CHANGED INTO ISSUED AND I AM WAITING FOR CALL TO PICKUP MY.VISA ANY.ONE TELL ME HOW MAMY DAYS LATETS THEY CALL US TO RECEIVED VISA

Pidipompi@myself - Congrats... Can you please tell us your date of interview and how long di you have to wait to receive visa please?

Thanks

Ashif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

My fiance had his interview back in February and our case on the ceac site shows still ready for interview. I also contact the embassy and they stated on the email his case is under AP which does not reflect on the site. I ask them why is still shows ready for interview they were unable to answer my question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.