Lavender7

Who can request an expedite for IR-1/CR-1

57 posts in this topic

People answered your expedite question, and they also informed you of a solution to the problems your husband is having which may include separation. Separation is a harsh but very realistic part of immigration for more reasons then just a country wanting domicile established in the US. It also has to do with a partnership that is marriage and having to handle financial responsbilities and setting up your new life in the US. Maybe that isn't your problem and congrats! But is the reality of many on this site, so as much as this site offers answers to questions, others give the truth whether you like to hear it or not, and it also provides a means of support for all going through the same long and exhausting experience. This is an open forum, be prepared to get all sides of the story, that also helps to give you a larger pictures of what you are in for on your immigration journey. Good luck, and be kind.

Yes ^, OP just be prepared and open to make sacrifices (whatever they may be). No one wants to, but it is an unfortunate part of the immigration process more often than not. Good luck on your journey.

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

I-485/I-765/I-131 Sent: 12/19/16

USCIS Received: 12/21/16

NOA 1 I-485/I-765/I-131: 1/5/17

Biometrics Letter Received: 1/21/17

Biometrics Appointment: 2/2/17

Called USCIS/Put in SR: 3/28/17

Service Request Completed: 3/30/17

EAD status changed to "new card being produced": 3/31/17

Received Hardcopy Approval for EAD/AP: 4/7/17

EAD status changed to "card was mailed to me": 4/10/17

Received combo card: 4/14/17

Filed SR online for I-485: 7/5/17

Called USCIS - spoke to a Tier 2: 8/2/17

Service request completed: 9/11/17

I-485 status changed to "new card being produced": 9/21/17

Hard copy of I-485 Approval: 9/25/17

I-485 Status changed to "card was mailed to me": 9/25/17

Green card rcvd: 9/28/17

ROC:

I-751 ROC Sent: 9/7/19

USCIS Received: 9/9/19

Check Cashed: 9/12/19

USCIS text NOA: 9/13/19

Called USCIS: 10/9/19

Service Request Filed: 10/9/19

SR Completed: 10/17/19

Hard copy NOA1: 10/17/19

Biometrics letter received: 01/10/2020

Biometrics Appointment: 01/23/2020

USCIS email "new card being produced": 09/11/2020

USCIS email "card mailed to me": 09/15/2020

10 year GC received: 09/19/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes people did respond at first. And I got more then enough info on the matter I was interested about. But then some other people couldn't stand an idea of someone having different situation then them, or better luck. And they have to impose that to others. It's sad.

I could not hold myself and I need say something...

I´M THE LUCKIEST BECAUSE I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND! lol

Even separated from my hubby already more than a year, I´m nothing bitter! :P:P:P

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Separation is not solution of our problems but much in a contrary but it doesn't matter really I'm not getting into this anymore here. It's rather annoying how some are trying to impose me wrong not even knowing me or anything. Trust me, I understand all about sacrifices and financial responsibilities and we are doing our best and I couldn't be happier:) We will be where we want in no time as long as we are together nothing is impossible : ) So now somebody please help me to close this thread ? Thanks :D:dancing:

Don't look at it is as a personal threat, some people come on here thinking they will be able to do something different then the rest and somewhere find out along the way we are all in the same boat. It sounds like you are sure your situation is different, and I am not doubting that it is, I don't know you. I just wanted to let you know that everyone tries to do their due justice to vjers and let them know the ride they may be in for. Good luck on your journey, and don't let this one post prevent you from getting on here and looking for the information you may need in the future, these people are a wealth of knowledge all with unique stories, like I said before intentions are good whether you like to hear what they say or not.

Met in and lived in beneficiary's country 2010-2012

Applied 2012-Approved K1 in 2013 (approx 8 months Noa1-approval)- decided to postpone marriage and live together in beneficiary's country before marriage.

Married 11/30/13 -lived together until filing

Filed for K3-04/06/2015

Noa1 04/06/15

Noa2 08/06/15

NVC case # 09/18/2015-case became CR1 (it's true what they say K3 is obsolete-don't even attempt it)

Paid AOS 09/18/2015

Paid 261 09/23/2015

Sent AOS and IV packed 10/07/15

Scan date 10/08/15

DS-260 10/14/2015

11/10/2015 Found out I had a checklist

11/18/2015 Scan date for information they needed after talking to someone over the phone regarding checklist

11/19/2015 FINALLY recieved actual checklist

11/30/2015 Sent one more extra tax transcript to avoid any possible further checklists

12/16/2015 Requested an Expedite

12/29/2015 Expedite approved, case being sent immediately to Embassy/awaiting interview date

12/31/2015- CEAC shows case as IN TRANSIT

1/11/2016- CEAC shows READY

1/14/2016-Received interview date/packet-case became IR1 (married more then 2 years)

Medical Scheduled 1/22/2016

Medical Completed

Interview Scheduled 2/18/2016

VISA APPROVED 2/18/2016

2/19/2016 VISA ISSUED

3/05/2016 ENTERED USA!!!!

3/16/2016-Paid GC fee

4/25/2016-Received GC in mail!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Don't look at it is as a personal threat, some people come on here thinking they will be able to do something different then the rest and somewhere find out along the way we are all in the same boat. It sounds like you are sure your situation is different, and I am not doubting that it is, I don't know you. I just wanted to let you know that everyone tries to do their due justice to vjers and let them know the ride they may be in for. Good luck on your journey, and don't let this one post prevent you from getting on here and looking for the information you may need in the future, these people are a wealth of knowledge all with unique stories, like I said before intentions are good whether you like to hear what they say or not.

Thanks , appreciated. It's just none likes their personal space invaded, and I'm sure that's the last thing you expect from coming to this forum. I'm all about sharing useful information and getting same in return but do not try to teach people how to live or judge. I personally come here because it's pretty much the only place I can get some information about all this and see someone who might have similar situation and that possibility is priceless. But when you come and post something that scares and bothers you here and someone just plain attacks with their ''experience'' and tries to right away assume things on you it is Sad. Many don't see how that happens and they call it ''giving advice''/''suggestions'' , sadly not all of them are. I believe personal feelings and xp should be kept to ones self till certain point. I'm sure there people over there that can agree with me and i'm not all that alone here :idea:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Actually he needs to return to US and establish residency here

you will wait like the rest of us for CR 1 over a year apart except for visits

my gf sent in 2 years ago for expediate as she was in car accident and couldn't walk or work 6 months / never heard an answer

and yes, we all wish you the best

that is why people are her to get information, to get answers, to get help and to give help

it is a hard and long process but some go thru it for several years so get your documents and proofs ready (never can start too early)

wishing you the best

Edited by kris&me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just something that has occurred to me...

You say you will be waiting till October to file and I noticed that this will mean you will have been married 2 years by then. Are you waiting so that you will receive the IR-1 and not the CR-1? The IR-1 is better in that you don't have to go through the whole removal of conditions drama in the US. However, the visa type is determined by length of marriage at time of US entry, not at the time you start the application process. So if that's the reason then you don't need to wait.

Intended entirely as a helpful suggestion, nothing else. I'm not prying into your personal reasons for waiting but I just had a thought because some people think you have to be married two years before you apply in order to get the IR-1. Not the case.

So true! My exact situation.

Met in and lived in beneficiary's country 2010-2012

Applied 2012-Approved K1 in 2013 (approx 8 months Noa1-approval)- decided to postpone marriage and live together in beneficiary's country before marriage.

Married 11/30/13 -lived together until filing

Filed for K3-04/06/2015

Noa1 04/06/15

Noa2 08/06/15

NVC case # 09/18/2015-case became CR1 (it's true what they say K3 is obsolete-don't even attempt it)

Paid AOS 09/18/2015

Paid 261 09/23/2015

Sent AOS and IV packed 10/07/15

Scan date 10/08/15

DS-260 10/14/2015

11/10/2015 Found out I had a checklist

11/18/2015 Scan date for information they needed after talking to someone over the phone regarding checklist

11/19/2015 FINALLY recieved actual checklist

11/30/2015 Sent one more extra tax transcript to avoid any possible further checklists

12/16/2015 Requested an Expedite

12/29/2015 Expedite approved, case being sent immediately to Embassy/awaiting interview date

12/31/2015- CEAC shows case as IN TRANSIT

1/11/2016- CEAC shows READY

1/14/2016-Received interview date/packet-case became IR1 (married more then 2 years)

Medical Scheduled 1/22/2016

Medical Completed

Interview Scheduled 2/18/2016

VISA APPROVED 2/18/2016

2/19/2016 VISA ISSUED

3/05/2016 ENTERED USA!!!!

3/16/2016-Paid GC fee

4/25/2016-Received GC in mail!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You guys are making my morning. :pop:

Anyway, the OP hasn't even started the immigration process yet. But the best advice given regarding immigration is sacrifices have to be made whether time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.

I think this is the best advice that can be given regarding this whole process. Some of us pay more money, some spend more time apart, some do an equal amount of both. It's NOT an easy process, even in the simplest cases.

OP good luck to you, maybe your case is a special situation where everything will go fast and smooth. Given what you've shared, it's not likely that you would get an expedite, but you can certainly try and hopefully it works out for you--it's not impossible. Most of this process is just sheer luck to begin with.

For everyone else actively going through the process--sending you all speedy processing thoughts! The wait is brutal for an impatient person like myself. :clock:

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: Timeline

I think this is the best advice that can be given regarding this whole process. Some of us pay more money, some spend more time apart, some do an equal amount of both. It's NOT an easy process, even in the simplest cases.

OP good luck to you, maybe your case is a special situation where everything will go fast and smooth. Given what you've shared, it's not likely that you would get an expedite, but you can certainly try and hopefully it works out for you--it's not impossible. Most of this process is just sheer luck to begin with.

For everyone else actively going through the process--sending you all speedy processing thoughts! The wait is brutal for an impatient person like myself. :clock:

I'm still trying my luck with expedite. Just talked to another VJ member who is US citizen lived with her husband in his country and they got their process expedited , got their NOA2 in 30 days. We will see what happens. Surely don't expect it to go super fast or extremely smooth, I expect complications etc. Even if it does take a year or even more we are fine with that. But of course would be much better to get it sooner, who doesn't want that?? :) Thanks for your reply : )

Edited by Lavender7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** This thread will remain locked, as OP has been given appropriate advice ******

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.