BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

So we got our NOA1 and there is a typo on my beneficiary name. I am not sure if their computer abbreviated or what? What should I do ?

I just got my NOA1 letter, too. There is a statement under the section where the Beneficiary name, DOB, Country, etc., are printed that says:

"Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify the USCIS National Customer Service Center at the phone number listed below if there are any changes." The number listed is: 1-800-375-5283.

I wouldn't wait until the interview to have this corrected (as suggested in another reply) but call and get it done as soon as possible.

Best of luck to everyone!!! :rolleyes:

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are your NOA1 dates??

I am just going crazy thinking about the petition. I have no idea how I'm going to last 5 months without going all crazy. Haha!

We sent our packet June 10, and it was received on June 13. Still waiting for the NOA1 hardcopy to arrive. It also says its being routed to California.

Best of luck to us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We mailed our package on the 10th of June, it was received on the 15th and we received our NOA1 text on the 17th, just waiting for the hard copy. I also changed my fiance's address as soon as I got the receipt number, sent the request online on the 18th and received an email last night confirming everything was done :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Please correct me if I am wrong, I thought NOA1 was the opening of the package from the Service Centre it was forwarded to?

1st Notice of Action (NOA) U.S. Petitioner Receives first Notice of Action (NOA) acknowledging K-1 petition has been opened *Typical wait time is 2-3 weeks after the Service Center receives the I-129F.

From the guide. Have your packages been opened or just forwarded to the service centre?

Timeline

That's weird considering you're in California....even weirder is that I'm all the way on the east coast, NY. Did you mail to Texas as well? I can only assume. You are right next door, so I can't see why it would take so long. I didn't even express mail it. Though when I mailed it Saturday at around 11am, they said it would get there by Monday. I didn't buy it...but looks like I'm eatin' crow.

Mailed it to the Texas Locked Box as instructed to do. I thought it was all going smoothly but now I am like wow people are getting NOA1's now...Is the reroute to the CSC the NOA1?

This is my confusion

Timeline

Finally think I found what I was looking for...

A Notice of Action (NOA) form (I-797 Form)

This was printed in our email: With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797)

So I guess even though we are being routed to the CSC...we still received our NOA1.

Sorry, the wording on the timeline really threw me about it being opened at the service centre.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My package was delivered on the 18th, and I still haven't heard anything. I know it's still pretty early to panic, but I feel like everyone else is getting their NOA1s so quickly :clock:

[*]I-129F mailed : 06/14/2016

[*]I-129F delivered: 06/18/2016

[*]I-129F received by Dallas lockbox: 06/21/2016 (routed to CSC)

[*]Electronic NOA1: 06/24/2016

[*]Hardcopy of NOA1: 07/01/2016

[*]Electronic NOA2: 08/26/2016

[*]Hardcopy of NOA2: 09/02/2016

[*]NVC received case: 09/06/2016

[*]Case number assigned: 09/07/2016

[*]Case left NVC: 09/19/2016

[*]Case received by embassy: 09/28/2016

[*]Packets 3 and 4 received: 09/29/2016

[*]Interview scheduled for 01/08/2017: 10/11/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.