jessilveir

Religious Ceremony

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

lawyers are needed and ive seen too many ppl get delayed because of them and plus its extra money your giving to another human being ,where overall your still doing most the work , wait it out and see what the RFE is about , then on to the next obstacle would be this ceremony thing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So if the k1 is denied, how long do I have to wait or what do I need to obtain before I start with a k3 or cr1? Of course I will have to go to Mexico & get legally married .. but can I just start a new process? I heard one situation where the k1 was denied and they got legally married and started a k3, but the fiancé was banned from the U.S for 10 years. I don't want the same situation to happen to us.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So if the k1 is denied, how long do I have to wait or what do I need to obtain before I start with a k3 or cr1? Of course I will have to go to Mexico & get legally married .. but can I just start a new process? I heard one situation where the k1 was denied and they got legally married and started a k3, but the fiancé was banned from the U.S for 10 years. I don't want the same situation to happen to us.

Me personally I would recommend you to get legally married in Mexico and start your CR1 process. K3 are obsolete I thought that it would be a faster process but is not. Don't even bother submitting the I129f K3 because nothing is going to happen. They will process your CR1 and K3 will cancel. As long you are doing everything right you shouldn't get banned or denied but just play your cards right and be honest about everything.

Timeline

But I've heard that the cr1 takes longer than the k3, so that's why a lot of people prefer to take out the k3. I don't know if this is correct ..

Something else to that case... You can go down marry tomorrow and file friday thats how fast and request that the k1 be withdrawn with out prejudice due to filing as married instead.

If you wanna wait you can but honestly you take chance of denial especially since CO will know because of the evidence you submitted.

Youll just loose the 340 for the 129f...

But youll gain time :yes:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you were denied you would need to get married get a marriage certificate and refile. You could do it immediately. There's n time limit pr span you have to wait.

The K3 is not really an option since it gains you nothing.

I know someone now who did the K1 after a "ceremony". K1 was denied they got married had interview he has a 10 year Ban. It does happen.

You can roll the dice and see how it goes when you have interview or you can get married file a I-130 and be sure to wrote letter to withdraw the I-129F.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

But I've heard that the cr1 takes longer than the k3, so that's why a lot of people prefer to take out the k3. I don't know if this is correct ..

I thought the same thing that the K3 will be a faster process but I don't even think they ever consider it no more, that's why is obsolete.

Timeline

So first I'll need to make sure the k1 process is canceled and out of the system before applying for a cr1? I wouldn't like for my fiancé to get banned for 10 years because of a little mistake.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

About 2 years ago they changed the adjudication f the I-129F when filed when there is a I-130. They get married up together. And get approved together. S the rule isif there's an approved I-130 the I129F gets administratively closed at NVC.

The I-130 path doesn't take years and years like it use to that warrant the creation of the K3 path. I have seen may times filing the K3 slows down the I-130 because they are marred up.

It's a 10 to 12 month process.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

So first I'll need to make sure the k1 process is canceled and out of the system before applying for a cr1? I wouldn't like for my fiancé to get banned for 10 years because of a little mistake.

Then withdraw your K1 case and get married and file for a CR1 and don't take that risk. Since you are barely starting don't push it before it too late.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I didnt mix it up i know i only sent the link to show people dressing and doing engagement ceromonies were enough to be denied.

Catholic weddings are a marriage and they are to married for a k1 and this custom must be proceeded with a civil

Wedding so im not sure how they went around not doing the civil first.

They arent even breakable may be anulled by a priest under anullable circumstances only a priest can rule.

If CO is up to date with Mexican customs they will deny the K1 and OP would waste time being away from his wife his best bet is go get the civil certificate they signed and submit with a CR1.

Rather then wasting valuble time from his wife

It is not a custom in Mexico. In Mexico, religious ceremonies are not legal weddings. In Mexico religious ceremonies and legal civil ceremonies are two separate things. You must have a civil marriage for it to be a legal one. The COs in Mexico should know what constitutes a legal marriage there. They are not married if they did not do a civil wedding there. It must be performed by a civil registry official to be recognized as a marriage there or anywhere.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage/

A marriage will be recognized in the United States as long as it is apostilled and translated. Only marriages performed by Civil Registry Officials (not religious officials) are considered legal and valid in Mexico.

I would stick with the K-1 you already filed for. If you did not have a civil marriage and have no registered marriage certificate there, then you are not legally married. That is the law in Mexico, and your fiancee probably knows that religious ceremonies are not legal, so should the CO. You can always print out the law and take it with you, if it makes you feel more comfortable. There may not even be a hassle about it. They may ask about it, but your fiancee can always state you never had a civil marriage and just a religious ceremony for personal reasons and not to legally wed. IF you actually get denied for this, then you can marry and file for the spousal visa as soon as you are denied. I still think your chances of getting the K-1 are good, but what you want to do from here is totally up to you.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage/

http://www.visitmexico.com/en/weddings/legal-requirements-to-get-married-in-mexico

http://www.banderasnews.com/vallarta-weddings/marriage-laws.htm

http://www.mexconnect.com/pg/articles/2756-it-takes-more-than-i-do-to-marry-in-mexico

http://www.mexicolaw.com/Marriage%20in%20Mexico.htm

http://www.mexperience.com/lifestyle/mexico-essentials/getting-married-in-mexico/#Two

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Well do what above póster said and update us IF you where denied....and or banned like was posted by Other póster....would love to know how this ends

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

What would they get banned for?

I dont know :huh2: it was posted above.....not sure guess it happend to another mexican / american couple k1 married....

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, hearsay about some other cases never helps, and then these things just keep getting repeated. Sticking to the facts of the OP's case will cause them less stress.

There has to be a reason for her to get a 10 year ban. If she had no reason to be banned from the US, then this is not a realistic/logical worry. Simply being denied a K-1 visa does not trigger a ban.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.