Uhoh

How slow is Vermont these days?

16 posts in this topic

I sent my packet on Thursday, it arrived Friday noon time, and they cashed my check today?! I was expecting to wait weeks... Hopefully I'll get the extension letter and biometrics request in the next month or so? We have a family trip back to Europe at the end of this year so I'm hoping that it'll be done by then. Although I keep reading of nightmarish long waits of up to a year plus rfe's. I sent everything but the kitchen sink so I'm hoping I don't get one!

Just in case it helps others, here's what I sent. It was 3.5lbs and 2" high by the time I sent it!

- i751 form plus check

- photocopy of green card front and back

- photocopies of both our drivers licenses showing same address

- irs tax return transcripts 2914,2015 married filing jointly

- wills, poa and medical poa for each of us, showing the other as beneficiary/executor

- proof of joint health insurance and that I'm a beneficiary to his 401k

- quarterly bank statements from marriage to present day plus letter from bank confirming joint account

- quarterly utility bills showing electric in both our names, Verizon in my name, Gas in my husbands

- proof we co-own the solar panels installed on our roof

- car lease, registration and financing details in each name showing same address

- proof of joint car insurance since our marriage

- explanation of why I'm not on mortgage plus proof of paperwork to show this

- various travel confirmations in both our names since marriage and up to future trip in December 2016

- various bills for furniture and household purchases from Bobs Furniture and Lowes, showing we both purchased things using our individual credit cards for our home

Hoping that'll do it! Seems pretty comprehensive (and heavy!)

AOS from VWP

17 March packet mailed (day 0)

21 March Priority Date (day 4)

27 March text/email NOAs received (day 10)

31 March hard copy NOAs received (day 14)

7 April Biometrics letter received for appt on April 28 (day 21)

11 April successful biometrics walk in (day 25)

29 April Testing and Interview ? (day 43)

8 May Date on NOA of interview schedule (day 52)

12 May received hard copy NOA of interview scheduled 16 June! (day 56) :dancing:

27 May email received stating EAD card is in production and my AP has been approved (day 71)

30 May email received stating EAD has been shipped, should arrive Monday! (Day 74)

2 June received EAD in the mail (day 77)

16 June INTERVIEW :dancing: APPROVED!!!! (day 91!!!!)

20 June email received stating Green Card picked up by USPS due to be delivered on Monday 23rd!!!

23 June my green card arrived :dance:

Total time from packet mailed to Green Card received 98 days!!!!

You can check the latest stats here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftstats.php?cfl=

Thanks! I never saw that section before, it's helpful (and depressing... Why is vsc so slow?!)

AOS from VWP

12 May received hard copy NOA of interview scheduled 16 June! (day 56) :dancing:

27 May email received stating EAD card is in production and my AP has been approved (day 71)

30 May email received stating EAD has been shipped, should arrive Monday! (Day 74)

20 June email received stating Green Card picked up by USPS due to be delivered on Monday 23rd!!!

Very slow :cry::clock:

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I sent my packet on Thursday, it arrived Friday noon time, and they cashed my check today?! I was expecting to wait weeks... Hopefully I'll get the extension letter and biometrics request in the next month or so? We have a family trip back to Europe at the end of this year so I'm hoping that it'll be done by then. Although I keep reading of nightmarish long waits of up to a year plus rfe's. I sent everything but the kitchen sink so I'm hoping I don't get one!

Just in case it helps others, here's what I sent. It was 3.5lbs and 2" high by the time I sent it!

- i751 form plus check

- photocopy of green card front and back

- photocopies of both our drivers licenses showing same address

- irs tax return transcripts 2914,2015 married filing jointly

- wills, poa and medical poa for each of us, showing the other as beneficiary/executor

- proof of joint health insurance and that I'm a beneficiary to his 401k

- quarterly bank statements from marriage to present day plus letter from bank confirming joint account

- quarterly utility bills showing electric in both our names, Verizon in my name, Gas in my husbands

- proof we co-own the solar panels installed on our roof

- car lease, registration and financing details in each name showing same address

- proof of joint car insurance since our marriage

- explanation of why I'm not on mortgage plus proof of paperwork to show this

- various travel confirmations in both our names since marriage and up to future trip in December 2016

- various bills for furniture and household purchases from Bobs Furniture and Lowes, showing we both purchased things using our individual credit cards for our home

Hoping that'll do it! Seems pretty comprehensive (and heavy!)

Maybe Vermont is slow because of too many 3.5 pounds and 2" high applications? Really is that not an overkill. Our package was +/- 35 pages, about 12 well chosen photos with cover letter.

Wish you all the best on ROC!

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks! I never saw that section before, it's helpful (and depressing... Why is vsc so slow?!)

We discussed this couple months ago: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/580372-any-idea-why-vsc-is-so-slow-in-processing-roc/

It has nothing to do with the complexity of cases. They simply do not want to prioritize ROCs over other petitions they are processing. In 2013 VSC was running at 3-4 months, now 10-12months. Mine took exactly 11 months.

The director could order "all right VSC, let's burn those ROCs" and within a month, they could finish all of the backlogged cases. Unfortunately, the opposite happened last year and the director ordered "all right VSC, let's halt processing ROCs" and they went from 7-8 month waiting to almost a year now.

We discussed this couple months ago: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/580372-any-idea-why-vsc-is-so-slow-in-processing-roc/

It has nothing to do with the complexity of cases. They simply do not want to prioritize ROCs over other petitions they are processing. In 2013 VSC was running at 3-4 months, now 10-12months. Mine took exactly 11 months.

The director could order "all right VSC, let's burn those ROCs" and within a month, they could finish all of the backlogged cases. Unfortunately, the opposite happened last year and the director ordered "all right VSC, let's halt processing ROCs" and they went from 7-8 month waiting to almost a year now.

My question was based more on frustration at the slowness as opposed to asking for a reason. I know the reason. It doesn't abate the frustration though.

AOS from VWP

Maybe Vermont is slow because of too many 3.5 pounds and 2" high applications? Really is that not an overkill. Our package was +/- 35 pages, about 12 well chosen photos with cover letter.

Wish you all the best on ROC!

I'm glad your roc was approved with such little paperwork. The general consensus for VSC seems to be throw the kitchen sink at them. I'd rather do overkill than have to deal with rfe. Whatever each petitioner is comfortable with submitting is the right thing to do, perhaps. I maybe could have omitted half of what I sent. I don't really care as long as I get approved.

AOS from VWP

Actually it would be a good survey: If you were approved after sending a small packet, what paperwork did you include? That way we can see precisely the paperwork they value most of all. It seems ridiculous to send as much as I did, but I wanted to include everything that was evidence of our co mingling, whether it be financial, legal, or general life.

AOS from VWP

Actually it would be a good survey: If you were approved after sending a small packet, what paperwork did you include? That way we can see precisely the paperwork they value most of all. It seems ridiculous to send as much as I did, but I wanted to include everything that was evidence of our co mingling, whether it be financial, legal, or general life.

If you have a joint account with $20.000.000, couple luxury houses, couple luxury cars. You need couple bank statements, couple car titles and couple property titles. ;););););)

If you have a joint account with $20.000.000, couple luxury houses, couple luxury cars. You need couple bank statements, couple car titles and couple property titles. ;););););)

Sadly I have none of the above. Lmao. ??

AOS from VWP

Got my noa yesterday, a week from sending the packet. Waiting for the bio appt then I guess I'll settle in for the long wait!

AOS from VWP

I don't think assessment by weight is going to meet the criteria for what constitutes a "good package". Ultimately there are too many variables with your country of origin likely to be a big influencer imho.

I suspect certain types of documents will matter most - IMV the "hard" financials i.e joint financial instruments - mortgages/loans/banks accounts/credit cards/tax transcripts (married FJ) matter the most.

Second in line - wills/POA/medical insurance.

Bills and utilities probably less so. Personally I don't think adding extra depth to those e.g every single bank statement adds much although I would agree they want to see evidence over time as well as the day you filed.

Photos and affadvits - meh, something for visa and AOS time imho.

Each to their own - if the the kitchen sink approach helps you sleep at night - go do it. All that matters is the result.

Richard

event.png

event.png

I don't think assessment by weight is going to meet the criteria for what constitutes a "good package". Ultimately there are too many variables with your country of origin likely to be a big influencer imho.

I suspect certain types of documents will matter most - IMV the "hard" financials i.e joint financial instruments - mortgages/loans/banks accounts/credit cards/tax transcripts (married FJ) matter the most.

Second in line - wills/POA/medical insurance.

Bills and utilities probably less so. Personally I don't think adding extra depth to those e.g every single bank statement adds much although I would agree they want to see evidence over time as well as the day you filed.

Photos and affadvits - meh, something for visa and AOS time imho.

Each to their own - if the the kitchen sink approach helps you sleep at night - go do it. All that matters is the result.

I'm happy for people who got approved.

But you shouldn't say that this paper is important and this other one is not. Additional evidence help to create the whole picture of marriage. And in many cases might be crucial.

Some people start to build their household from "0", 2 years might not be enough time to gather strong financial evidence, but he whole package shows that they share their lives.

Officers who review our papers are not dummies. They have seen it all. They can easy recognize if somebody is trying to push too hard just to convince them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.