rpeterson1991

AOS Interview 3 weeks after biometrics, normal?

20 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Our AOS was filed exactly 47 days ago, and today the USCIS website tells me:

As of June 6, 2016, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

Is this timeline typical, or is it far faster than usual? My wife had her biometrics appointment exactly 2 weeks ago, and hasn't received her EAD yet. I was under the impression that the AOS interview comes waaay after the biometrics and EAD approval.

Please shed some light on this, as I do not want to have false hopes. Thanks!

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Then just calm down and dont have false hopes and focus on being prepared for interview.

I know in the JAN forum, a lot of people didnt even have interviews and shortly after AP/EAD showed up, so did GCs sans interviews.

But never heard of the interview beating the EAD.

Regardless doesnt seem like u have anything to worry about which is good. Seems like maybe they are just ahead of the queue so congrats I think.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=

Edited by heo luoi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife filed on 2/1/16. EAD/travel card came in mail in 75 days. Status went to waiting to schedule interview on 5/12/2016. I think you are on schedule. I would recommend checking every couple of weeks. In the mean time get prepared for the interview. Take some stress off the plate if you know you are prepared . That is what we are doing. The main thing is to be patient but cautious. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all,

As of June 6, 2016, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

Is this timeline typical, or is it far faster than usual? My wife had her biometrics appointment exactly 2 weeks ago, and hasn't received her EAD yet. I was under the impression that the AOS interview comes waaay after the biometrics and EAD approval.

same here.. have my fingerprints done 10 days ago and already my I-485 is showing same message as yours...I am excited and a bit confused at the same time.but have heard of cases people getting their green card before EAD... where are you guys? NJ here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ready to schedule status can last a while, depending on how busy your local office is. It is possible to get a fast interview date though, and people most certainly have interviewed before even receiving their EAD/AP. If you get the green card approved first, then great. No more need for the EAD/AP.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the AOS/Family-Based main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In my case, that online notice lasted almost 5 months. When you receive another online notice saying "Interview Scheduled", they will provide you the date on which you will have your interview. :)

Henry N Giddens

Filed: Other Country: Iceland
Timeline

Rpeterson-curious where your office is? Our local is Oklahoma City and we're going through MSC. Sounds encouraging! Congrats!!

Edited to add...I just saw you had an MSC number! Awesome! Maybe they're moving pretty quickly. Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by Valkyrja

Hey all,

Hi. I think you are lucky that your Green card will be directly processed. You won't need the combo card (EAD and Travel permit) if you have the green card. :) and looks like you don't have to attend an interview so you're likely ahead. :) Congrats.

Edited by imekai

Visa timeline
CSC :goofy:(L)
I-129f sent 11/10/15
NOA 1 received 11/13/15

NOA 2 email/text 12/16/15

NOA 2 mail 12/21/15

Timeline

Hi. I think you are lucky that your Green card will be directly processed. You won't need the combo card (EAD and Travel permit) if you have the green card. :) and looks like you don't have to attend an interview so you're likely ahead. :) Congrats.

He/she will have an interview for sure, if not, they will say "Your case was approved", and that online notice is just for his/her I-485, there are two other online notices for his/her EAD and travel permit, though.

Henry N Giddens

Rpeterson-curious where your office is? Our local is Oklahoma City and we're going through MSC. Sounds encouraging! Congrats!!

Edited to add...I just saw you had an MSC number! Awesome! Maybe they're moving pretty quickly. Fingers crossed!!!

My office is USCIS San Jose :)

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline

Hey guys, just got my EAD card in the mail, a week before my AOS interview. I can't get my social security card by that time. And I'm not going to be able to get ID. Do you guys think it will be a problem for me? ??????

Timeline

Hey guys, just got my EAD card in the mail, a week before my AOS interview. I can't get my social security card by that time. And I'm not going to be able to get ID. Do you guys think it will be a problem for me? ??????

I think you are able to apply for an ID card already, since you already had your EAD. Otherwise, you can go and apply for a driver license test, they would need to see that as your ID card. :)

In some state, they allow taking the learner permit and the road test at the same time, after finishing the test, you will get a temporary card. I think it helps.

Henry N Giddens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.