Jo Al

NVC process started

54 posts in this topic

Yes I'm a us citizen..but unfortunately I don't have a U.S bank account ( identity theft issue with my old account):.. I do have a debit pay card through my job that has a routing number and account number just no check number.. I'm going to call and ask about sending it through the mail..read it on one of the states website

Yes, I definitely advise you to call and ask about how can you make your payments.

Sorry for asking again, do you have your Noa2 for I-130(or at least an email saying that your case was aproved)? Have you applied for I-129f too?

Hello everyone,

My i130

Was received on feb 8 and got approved on June 10 it was send to nvc on june 15

My question is how long it takes to get a case number ?

Thanks and God bless you.

Hi Elmi49,

I asked previously if you called NVC but somebody else replied.

I am curious to see if you called them to be sure your case has arrived.

Personally, after I called NVC and found out that my case has arrived on 17th of May, I called NVC once at two, three days to see about my case number. In 2 weeks we got it (3rd June).

It is essential to call NVC constantly. This is how you can save up a lot of time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

No I don't have an approval for the i130..at the Potomac center we may or may not get an email or updated status from USCIS..only a hard copy in the mail... None so far and yes 16 days after the i130 we filed I129f.. How do you go about finding the case number for nvc stage? Seem like I'll need to wait for the noa2 in order to retrieve a case number?

No I don't have an approval for the i130..at the Potomac center we may or may not get an email or updated status from USCIS..only a hard copy in the mail... None so far and yes 16 days after the i130 we filed I129f.. How do you go about finding the case number for nvc stage? Seem like I'll need to wait for the noa2 in order to retrieve a case number?

Well, if you want to go with K3 visa and your 129f gets aproved, you will not go through NVC process. This is what I wanted for my case too but, my I-130 was aproved first so I-129f was closed and cancelled. When 130 gets aproved first you are not eligible anymore for K3 visa but IR/CR1. K3 visa does not need NVC processing but IR/CR1 does need it. This the difference.....

My 130 got approved on 3rd May (noa2)and was sent to nvc(129f was closed on 6th May). NVC number cannot be be held until noa2. USCIS will send your approved petition to NVC. AFTER NVC receives your case, they will review it and asign a case number.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Djibouti
Timeline

Hi Elmi49,

I asked previously if you called NVC but somebody else replied.

I am curious to see if you called them to be sure your case has arrived.

Personally, after I called NVC and found out that my case has arrived on 17th of May, I called NVC once at two, three days to see about my case number. In 2 weeks we got it (3rd June).

It is essential to call NVC constantly. This is how you can save up a lot of time.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Djibouti
Timeline

Thanks for the infos!

Yes I gave them a call last Friday but seems they did not receive it yet...

The lady who answered my call said I need to wait for 45 days before they receive.

I dont believe her !

I will call twice a week

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

3-5 days for philippines

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

Sent I-140: March 28 2016

USCIS (Nebraska) PD: March 28, 2016

RFE received: April 6, 2016

Responded to RFE: April 18, 2016

USCIS approval: April 28, 2016 (28 days approval)

Petition sent to NVC: May 13, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: June 3, 2016

Case number and Invoice number Assigned: June 5, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: June 8, 2016

Pay IV Fee : June 10, 2016

IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 13, 2016

DS-260 (IV application) completed: June 16, 2016

Sent civil documents: June 20, 2016

Scan date: June 22, 2016

Case complete: October 7, 2016

Interview date: November 16, 2016

VISA APPROVED. status changed to ISSUED :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.