needhelp400

Visa-Marriage-Divorce-and now?!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello eveyone...

So i have a problem... I got married to a U.S citizen back in 2013 and we applied for an CR1 at that time it took me a year and I got the visa and moved to the U.S along with my husband in October 2014. However we had differences and in March 2015 he asked me to take a break and sent me back to my home country. I went back in August 2015 just to try and patch up however he sent me back in a day so I only stayed in the U.S for a day. I did not want to stay since I had no reason to stay anymore. So I am thinking the green card would've been abandoned in this case.

So now, Ive started talking to this guy who happens to be another U.S citizen everything seems to be working fine with us but I would want to be sure whether I even have a possibility of going back or not. He is a citizen too can he apply for another visa? Or would this case be way too complicated and I should just give up?

Thanking in advance.

Oh and ofcourse when my exhusband sent me back he filed for a divorce too.lol

To answer your question, yes, the new USC can apply for you AFTER you are completely divorced from your husband. HOWEVER, expect a lot of scrutiny especially if you are from a high fraud country.

Have you and your new boyfriend even discussed marriage yet?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Did you ever become a permanant resident?

What country are you from

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Your in pakistan you will be questioned. yikes tough one at that :rolleyes:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Have you even met him yet?

It does sound like you are visa shopping. What if your new boyfriend decides he wants to leave the USA and try out life in a new country now that he has the opportunity to do so? Why have you assumed that you will get married and that he will want you to move to him and not the other way round or move to a third country?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

You mentioned in your post - "I even have a possibility of going back or not. He is a citizen too can he apply for another visa? Or would this case be way too complicated and I should just give up?" Not sure - If I understood right - are you saying you are making the decision od Love and Life based on Visa approval.. should it not be other way .. first let your relationship developed to a point with the new person since you already had a bad experience ....so you can decide on visa or other things...... Please let me know...

Remember - I am not judging you rather asking to understand...

Ashif

Questions is fine the marriage was in good faith trust me but is it an impossible situation?

I wish i knew but it depends on your evidence of a relationship is he also pakastani and or your religion? Has he visited you in the last two years? All questions that will come up.

I would see less scrutiny for someone also pakistani vs a red blooded american but thats just my opinion. It depends honestly on the CO. Youll need to submit good evidence.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Timeline

Has the previous divorce been finalized? I saw divorce has been filed but not if finalized. You will need copies of the divorce decree. Like everyone else has said here and many other threads. The evidence must be very convincing for the new relationship. I think it is way too soon to be thinking about a new marriage and possible entry into the U.S. but that is my opinion.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I can't say that I agree it sounds like visa shopping. If that was the case couldn't the OP have stayed in the US? Instead OP returned to the home country. Now for the OP, people are right. This may be a bit more difficult to prove your intentions are real. Not because of what I think, or anyone else thinks, but because that's most likely what the CO will think. You do face a lot of scruitiny due to your country. Make sure you make your case as strong as possible. Lots of visits, time spent face to face, etc. Work on building your relationship, then build your case. To answer your question, yes it is possible for your fiancé to file for you, and get approved. You Just need a very very strong case. Also as stated, divorce must be final and you will need the official divorce decree.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.