Jayfibre1

Refused Entering after overstayed - Urgent help needed plsss

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Posting this for a friend in need of help

I overstayed in the United States because upon arrival I was given 2 weeks stay, though I had a 5yrs visa. Their reason was that I was pregnant and near my due date. I didn't know it was an offence to travel to the states when pregnant. Before my 2 weeks given would reach I visited the hospital because I was in pain, I was told by the doctor that I can deliver anytime soon. I explained my immigration status to the doctor and he advised I can't be on a plane due to risk of labour and so was given a letter to back it up.

I later had my baby and few months later returned home with my baby. 3yrs later was going on a visit and I was refused entry and my visa was cancelled n withdrawn, I applied for another visa with my son n daughter and was refused.

I want to know the way I can go about it and return to the states since my son is a US citizen?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Posting this for a friend in need of help

I overstayed in the United States because upon arrival I was given 2 weeks stay, though I had a 5yrs visa. Their reason was that I was pregnant and near my due date. I didn't know it was an offence to travel to the states when pregnant. Before my 2 weeks given would reach I visited the hospital because I was in pain, I was told by the doctor that I can deliver anytime soon. I explained my immigration status to the doctor and he advised I can't be on a plane due to risk of labour and so was given a letter to back it up.

I later had my baby and few months later returned home with my baby. 3yrs later was going on a visit and I was refused entry and my visa was cancelled n withdrawn, I applied for another visa with my son n daughter and was refused.

I want to know the way I can go about it and return to the states since my son is a US citizen?

And thats exactly why they gave her 2 weeks.

....not unless you first pay back the many thousands of dollars that US taxpayers spent on your delivery....

....the taxpayers shelled out a lot of money,

Did I miss that somewhere in this thread?

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Reply to your friend:

US immigration officers see the other way possibly the following:

1. You entered US with intent to give birth to a child (to claim citizenship by birth) in US and use that to stay/immigrate in US.

2. By overstaying in the tourist visa (5 years visa means nothing, what is important is the duration they give you upon arrival), you violated the immigration law.

So they will likely deny you a visa each time you plan to go to the US. May be when your child is 21 years old and returns back to US, he/she can petition for you.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Ok, she stated Medical was paid by Medicaid.

from her story, she had medical issues 4 days to return and was advised by the doctor to stay.

After giving birth, she had to stay to for a kid's passport which took long due to some documents required from her husband in her home country.

These are the main reasons that made her overstayed

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

She needs to pay Medicaid back before even considering another visa.

Depending on the country, an infant doesn't always need a passport to fly, a letter from the hospital will at times suffice.

Edited by Transborderwife

Timeline

ok I just copied and pasting now below

1. 2011 Nov I went on an interview pregnant and I was given I 5yrs visa.
2. 2012 Jan I travelled to the United States to sea an uncle to resolve a family issue and purposely because I was hvn issues wit my husband and wanted to stay away.
3. Upon arrival I was given 2 weeks stay because dey say am pregnant which I didn't know it was a crime to travel to the states pregnant.
4. After a few days wit my uncle, I travelled by bus to see my sister in Virginia Washington. A day in Washington, I felt sick and was taken to the hospital where I was told by a doctor that I could have my baby anytime soon, I explained my immigrational situation to the doctor he she said it was soo risky to be on a plane so she gave me a letter to back dat up
5. I had my baby in early March and a few months later I applied for a passport for him to travel back home. The process of getting a passport for my son took a while because his father wasn't there and a notary letter of approval was needed, getting the letter took a while because of where it was coming from. The letter came, I got the passport in somewhere July and I got a ticket available for a August and we returned back to Ghana.
6. 3yrs later, I decided to visit the states again,and upon arrival I was denied entry, my visa was cancelled and withdrawn, I requested to speak to my husband back home on fone bt they said no one answered the call. I was asked several questions and inanswered it all, i was asked to sign a document which i was given a copy. After several hours of detaining I was given a document and I was put on a plane back home.
7. I applied for a visa with my son and daughter to enable us travel to the states and we were refused
8. I want to visit the states again with my son at least to let him know where he was born. He is 4yrs old now, he has a sister who is 2 n half years now and was born a year I returned back to Gh

Timeline

Because stories like these (come to US, gave birth, tourist visa cancelled! What should I do?... blah blah) come up too often, so it is no-brainer.

If one has travel insurance which covered the medical emergency, the visa would not be cancelled.

Maybe US govt should make travel insurance mandatory for tourist visa.

I agreed to that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.