Patrick-LiuNa

received my I-797 now what?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I was hoping that this letter would contain at least some kind of information about what else is to come, or what I should be doing next. There is almost NOTHING of any content included on this form I-797.. I understand that it is my NOA1, but where is the action lol? The email that I received stated that I should follow the directions included with in the contents of the NOA, however there is nothing for me to do or send.. I am a little confused..

Can anyone please shed a light on what ever it is that I am not seeming to get :)

Thank you

P

Mine was the same way. I am assuming it's a form letter that they also use for people who do need special instructions, like if they noticed a form wasn't signed. I will feel better when I get my NOA2, which should be any day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

First NOA is pretty much "hey we got your package".

It's just a waiting game until USCIS sends you the 2nd NOA which is when they have approved everything and then forward it to the NVC which in turn will assign you a # and forward it to the embassy.

The email you got is a cut-and-paste thing :wacko:. I'm going through the adjust of status and the email says the exact same thing...and there were no instructions with that. lol. just more waiting.

In the meantime keep messages and phone call histories between now and when your fiancé goes to the interview to show the "on-going relationship" part of things. Have you checked out your specific forum yet? You may find some useful info there as to what you can do or at least find someone to ask

Hope this was of some help

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The I-797c is the receipt notice. (NOA1). The approval notice(NOA2) will be an I-797.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-797-info

This is exactly what happens when your petition is received at the Dallas Lockbox > http://www.uscis.gov...ons-and-answers

The Lockbox Service provider performs the following activities when processing incoming applications:

• Receive, open, sort and stage mail.
  • Prepare and scan documents.
  • Enter document data in system from scanned images.
  • Accept or reject applications and related fees based on business rules.
  • Balance applications and fees.
  • Deposit payments to the U.S. Treasury
  • Send receipt notices for accepted applications to the applicant and designated representative.
  • Return rejected applications to the applicant or designated representative.
  • Transmit application data to USCIS and payment data to U.S. Department of Treasury.
  • Send application files to the appropriate USCIS service center or field office for further processing.

Your receipt notice (NOA1) will contain your receipt number and the service center location that your petition was sent to. Currently they are all being sent to California (CSC).

Flowchart > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 months later...

The action will start when they transfer your case to Guangzhou, and assign her a GUZ########### number. It won't be long after then when your fiancee will receive her Packet 3 from the embassy. She should start getting her documents together now (background check, birth certificate, etc. all notarized and translated).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Agree with KayDeeCee, follow the K1 Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First NOA is pretty much "hey we got your package".

It's just a waiting game until USCIS sends you the 2nd NOA which is when they have approved everything and then forward it to the NVC which in turn will assign you a # and forward it to the embassy.

The email you got is a cut-and-paste thing :wacko:. I'm going through the adjust of status and the email says the exact same thing...and there were no instructions with that. lol. just more waiting.

In the meantime keep messages and phone call histories between now and when your fiancé goes to the interview to show the "on-going relationship" part of things. Have you checked out your specific forum yet? You may find some useful info there as to what you can do or at least find someone to ask

Hope this was of some help

we have the same concern we laready have the noa1 on march 18 but until now we dont have the noa2.. almost 3 mos since my fiance filed my case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.