Kinsey

Interview

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on the Interview date, hope all goes well and you get the visa soon

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, a SUPER BIG congratulations!!! yay for London!!

I just wanted to ask you a couple questions seeing as you are about a month ahead in the process and we're both going to London!!!

When do you have to turn in the police certificates?? Dave and I are expecting our Packet 3 from London any day now (I'm pretty sure they just received our petition). Trouble is, we -STUPIDLY- just filed for our police certificates and they take about a month to get to us! I'm just worried you are supposed to turn them in with Packet 3! In which case, we'll have to hold on to Packet 3 before we send it back longer than I'd like! Anyway, thanks for your help! And hopefully I'll get a reply saying you only have to bring them to the interview....we'll see! ;)

Thanks! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi! Thanks for your message. Don't worry about the police certificate. You will not need it until the interview. It tells you in Packet 3 not to send any documents back with the forms, but to keep them and bring them to the interview.

Fingers crossed that it comes in time for you guys! I think ours took about the whole 40 days, but I'm not positive because we were in the US when it arrived.

Yeah, a SUPER BIG congratulations!!! yay for London!!

I just wanted to ask you a couple questions seeing as you are about a month ahead in the process and we're both going to London!!!

When do you have to turn in the police certificates?? Dave and I are expecting our Packet 3 from London any day now (I'm pretty sure they just received our petition). Trouble is, we -STUPIDLY- just filed for our police certificates and they take about a month to get to us! I'm just worried you are supposed to turn them in with Packet 3! In which case, we'll have to hold on to Packet 3 before we send it back longer than I'd like! Anyway, thanks for your help! And hopefully I'll get a reply saying you only have to bring them to the interview....we'll see! ;)

Thanks! :thumbs:

Met online February 2006

Went to England on working visa June 2006

Sent off I-129F October 2006 <3 <3 <3

In England until visa expired December 2006

We leave England for a stateside Christmas December 17, 2006

Karl goes back to the UK January 7, 2007

I make a scene at the airport January 7, 2007

I head back to the UK to wait it out with him February 9, 2007

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-29-2007 NOA2 via e-mail!! Woo Hoo

01-30-2007 Touch

02-02-2007 NOA2 via snail mail

02-06-2007 NVC received case

02-07-2007 NVC fowarded case on to London

02-16-2007 Packet 3 received

02-19-2007 Packet 3 mailed out

02-21-2007 Packet 3 received at Embassy

03-01-2007 Packet 4 received

03-02-2007 Karl's medical

03-30-2007 Interview - Approved!!

05-01-2007 - Flying home to Chicago

My posts are purely opinion and should not be taken as legal advice... obviously :)

Timeline

AWW! Thank you so much for the good news!! I love you right now! :dance: :dance:

I think we'll be okay as far as time goes, fingers crossed! Our situation is a bit different as we've been living together in the UK since May, so we're already together. I feel so fortunate compared to a lot of people on here that Dave and I can be together while we get everything worked out and ready for the wedding. The only deadline we have is our proposed wedding date of July 7th...so looking at your timeline it seems we should make. I think it's looking like we'll get the interview sometime in May, which would be amazing! Even if we don't get the visa by July 7th all of his Australian family is coming to US for the "wedding" so we'd have to go back to the states for a little family gathering/party anyway! But thanks so much for the news! Now it looks like we'll definitely be making the wedding date!

Thanks again and good luck with getting everything finished up for the interview! And I'm so glad you are able to be in the UK for the rest of the journey as well, that must be great!

Where in the UK are you based? We are in London!

Talk to you later!

Marina

congrats and best of luck with the interview, i had mine last tuesday, and the worst part of it all was the 2hr wait outside.

Oct. 2005-Met on MySpace.com
Jan. 2006-Bill visits Hayley in the UK
March 2006-Hayley visits Bill in America
June 2006-Hayley visits Bill in America
Oct. 2006-Hayley visits Bill in America (Again!)
Oct. 2006- Officially engaged!
K1.
Oct. 23 2006-I-129F sent to the Vermont Service Center
Oct. 25 2006-I-129F received
Oct. 31 2006- check cashed
Nov. 2 2006-NOA1 received
Nov. 13 2006- NOA2 email received
Nov. 17 2006-NOA2 actual letter received in mail
Nov. 20 2006-NVC receives our case!
Dec. 02 2006-Packet 3 arrives
Jan. 09 2007-receive police check(30 days)
Jan. 12 2007 booked medical for 15th feb.
Jan. 17 2007-packet 3 sent back (At last!)
Jan 31 2007-received packet 4, omg so excited....interview date:march 6th
Feb. 26-March 12 2007-Bill in the UK for Hayley's medical and interview
Feb.7 2007.Moved medical to 5th march.
March.5 2007- New medical date.
March.6 2007- Interview 10:30.
March.21 2007- VISA ARRIVED....YIPEEEEEEE
June.28 2007- Leaving England. POE Philadelphia ARGGHH
July.7.2007 Wedding day....
AOS.
July.10.2007 Sent off AOS and AP.
July 18.2007 Applied for SSN in married name.
August.7.2007 Biometrics appt at 8 am
August.20.2007 Advance parole came in post...wow that was quick.
August.24 2007 Got interview date for 5th oct.
October 5, 2007 Approved!
October.11.2007 Welcome letter came in mail.
October.18.2007 Greencard in mail...yayyayayayayay
July 13th 2009- here we go again..Removal of Conditions.
July 17th 2009- Check cashed.
July 20th 2009- NOA received.receipt date 07/15/09.
Aug 10th 2009- Biometrics appointment @ 11am.
Nov 20th 2009 -10 year Green Card arrive.

Timeline
congrats and best of luck with the interview, i had mine last tuesday, and the worst part of it all was the 2hr wait outside.

Hello.

Congrats on having your interview. Just curious though, it doesn't state on your signature whether you were approved or not? I was under the impression that in the UK you found out if you were approved and got the visa within 24-48 hours after the interview? Is this not correct? How long does it take?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.