sereia

calling morocco

27 posts in this topic

yah i dunno.. if i can find 18 cents a minute to a MOBILE i'd be sooo happy.

currently i pay 26 cents.:(

I've also found that the cards that give cheaper rates, are all in 3 minute increments. I haven't been 'dilligent' enough to compare the two types (3 min VS. 1 min increment cards). I just know that with the $20 card on masterpins I usually get about 2 1/2 coversations. Basiacally about $8/call. My SO and I try to limit our conversations to 1/2 hour a day, but we usually end up talking for closer to 45-50 minutes. I get about 120 minutes for the $20 card and the website states that I should get 143 minutes.....I guess I loose those 23 minutes with the 89cent weekly maintenance fee (charged only once since I go through the card in less than a week) and any taxes. Its the best I've been able to find so far for price and reliability.

You may also want to look at phonecardsmile.com They have what looks like cheap rates to Morocco-Cell (9.43 cents is the cheapest) but again its probably a 3 minute increment billing. I've also used this site to get pre-paid calling cards, but sometimes I find it a hassle because you have to dial a 1-800 access number and then enter a 10 digit pin(you get a new pin each time you buy a card) before you can dial the number you want to call.....and the connection quality can sometimes be iffy. But then, this again does very much depend on where you are calling.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We've given up trying to find a good rate. As soon as Wadi finds a card that seems to give a lot of minutes, the next time he buys it he gets a different number of minutes. It's really frustrating!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have never actually gotten the advertised rates/minutes from a card or skype when calling Morocco. Nothing lasts very wrong and I really don't think there's much of a solution besides talking directly through the internet.

Timeline

Just another thought for families back home (maybe not so applicable while waiting for interview, etc)....

We got my husband's family a computer and are going to pay for their internet service at home. We are thinking of sending over a Vonage router (or whatever ya call it) to them and have it assigned with a number local to us. That way we could call as much as we want to a local number for $24/month. They have to have high speed internet as this is VOIP. My sister has had Vonage for more than 5 years and swears by it.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
You may also want to look at phonecardsmile.com

Wow this site has some cards advertising some excellent rates for Palestine. I will try them out. Thanks for the link ! :thumbs:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
Just another thought for families back home (maybe not so applicable while waiting for interview, etc)....

We got my husband's family a computer and are going to pay for their internet service at home. We are thinking of sending over a Vonage router (or whatever ya call it) to them and have it assigned with a number local to us. That way we could call as much as we want to a local number for $24/month. They have to have high speed internet as this is VOIP. My sister has had Vonage for more than 5 years and swears by it.

Twila

Good idea, Twila. We've been considering doing this too. But I hadn't thought of sending the vonage router. Any reason you wouldn't just use free skype? How expensive is high speed internet in Morocco?

Timeline

I have heard various things about Skype...why we really don't want to go that route. Until we do the whole Vonage thing, we are just going to do voice chat over Yahoo IM. It is not too bad.

My husband had internet at home before coming here (why we chatted for hours at end). He said it is the equivalent of about $30 USD/month.

A thing about computers...we got his family a laptop before Hicham travelled. Well..it had MS Windows Vista on it. Everyone has hated it. Apparently, they don't have an Arabic version of it yet either. So...my husband's friend who works on computers has uninstalled Vista and put XP on the computer. My husband said it is working SOOOO much better. We had issues with Vista here before he even took it over. We could not even put McAfee 2007 on it without it crashing. The anti-virus program had to be uninstalled and then we had to download it from the internet because what you can get in the stores is not compatible with Vista yet.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Ive been using IDT for a long time and Im really happy with them. It's 18 cents a minute to Morocco, cell to cell, land to cell, or whatever. They round by the second, not by 3-minute increments like alot of the others. And you dont get charged until the other party actually picks up the phone. Go to http://www.idt.net and check out their Global Calling Cards (not the Penny Talk, though).

I'm confused, and maybe I'm looking on the right page for IDT.net? Morocco is 18 cents a minute, but 29 cents for calling to cell phones. (I checked this link provided because I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative for calling a cell pone in Hungary. I speak every day, and the calling card charges and killing me. I haven't quite been able to find an answer to that question. I can find downright cheap rates for calling land lines in Hungary, but cell phones are always more expensive. I've seen it being more expensive to call cell phones, regardless of what country you're calling. Anyone know the answer to that? :wacko:

-P

Morocco 212 18¢

Morocco Cellular 212 29¢

Morocco,Casablanca 212 18¢

Morocco,Meknes 212 18¢

Morocco,Rabat 212 18¢

It seems to have gone up :( I thought it was still 18 cents for any phone. Sorry for the misinformation. In any event, they're still a pretty good company.

Filed: Other Timeline

Twila

This is exactly what we do to call Morocco. We got a local number, then sent the router over so when we call Morocco it's as if we are calling in our same area code. There's also another piece you can buy that routes the calls to a mobile in Morocco.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Other Timeline
peezey, but his family will have to pay the $30 a month?

You will have to pay the Vonage fee, which is not quite $30 and then yes, someone has to pay for the dsl line/ISP service at the house in Morocco (you can pay it, they can, he can).

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hmmm thats a very good idea for down the line when he is here, inchallah, and he'll want to stay in touch with his family! wow, thanks!

i'm not sure its realistic for me to use with him right now though since he'll hopefulllllllllllllllllly be here by summer.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.