sereia

calling morocco

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i've used those little $5 phone cards where you call the number and type in the code.

i've used joinvip.com (which i like best so far...and what i currently use)

but the cheapest i've found for a mobile to mobile rate is about $0.26/minute

is there ANYTHING better to use out there that i don't know?

excluding computer/voip calls, please:)

:help: i'm spending too much money! why is it so expensive to call morocco versus a lot of other countries? my friend calls her fiance in armenia and kuwait and pays wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less than i do with the same cards.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i've used those little $5 phone cards where you call the number and type in the code.

:help: i'm spending too much money! why is it so expensive to call morocco versus a lot of other countries? my friend calls her fiance in armenia and kuwait and pays wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less than i do with the same cards.

This is why we still have a land line (also for DSL), callling anywhere internationally w/ a cellphone is very expensive. And I dunno why, but Morocco is one of the more expensive countries to call. For our land line we're using 3u.net, it's the best/cheapest I could find. Just getting LD service that has good connections to Morocco is difficult!

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i just had the international put on my cell thru cingular no problems getting thru, just the normal circuits busy from that end sometimes i call his cell. Mostly tho if we are wanting to save that bill we just do the voice thru yahoo conversation, it works find for us.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

This is why we still have a land line (also for DSL), callling anywhere internationally w/ a cellphone is very expensive. And I dunno why, but Morocco is one of the more expensive countries to call. For our land line we're using 3u.net, it's the best/cheapest I could find. Just getting LD service that has good connections to Morocco is difficult!

That is the truth! The cheapest card i've found is African Choice- about 20 minutes to a mobile n Morocco for $5. 90% a good clear connection. I ave wasted a couple of cards on days when it was difficult to get trough. $3 a minute on my mobile (and i spent more than i want to admit this way) ans .56cents a minute through my long distance carrier, but the connection is not as good as te calling card.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Try http://masterpins-com.pushline.com

They have rates for both landlines and cellular phones. I think its 18.9 cents/minute for Morocco Cell. The have an easily reload-able permanent pin #, and local access dialing numbers for most metropolitan areas. You can also set it up so that when you call from your landline or mobile #, it recognizes you and you do not have to enter your pin #. I've been using this a to call and the connection quality has been pretty good.

I feel you about the expensive phone bills. My SO only has a cell phone (I pay 14 cents a minute w/ this calling card) and we've gotten in the habit of talking every day. I know bad habit, but soooo hard to break now. My spending on these phone cards is outrageous....The things we do for love. :luv:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

ya i've been calling everyday lately...and talking wayyyyy too long. good thing i got another job or else i'd be completely broke by now! :( and i foresee many more months of calling him everyday so i need to figure something better...and fast!

i checked out masterpins.com but don't l ike that the cheap one is in 3 minute increments. i always seem to lose out on a lot of money this way. joinvip.com is more money...but in one minute increments. is it still worth it to switch?

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually I found that IDT.net is the cheapest its .18cents a minute with no fees whatsover i loveeeeeeeee it!!! So when you buy 25 dollars 25 is what you get!!! and you can recharge and have the same number...I can now actually have a 30min convo with Yassine like normal...and i stil have money and time to spare...

Anyway...the website is idt.net and just sign up for global cards international calling...you will love it fo sho!

oh and this is for mobile to mobil as well!!

Edited by boardashell_2000

MET ONLINE- JUNE 21, 2005

WENT TO VISIT YASSINE IN MOROCCO- APRIL 15, 2006

SENT IN I129F TO CSC- NOVEMBER 2, 2006

RECIEVED NOA1- NOVEMBER 15, 2006

CHECK CLEARED- NOVEMBER 20, 2006

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

NVC RECIEVED CASE-FEBRAURY 16, 2007

NVC SENT CASE TO CASA-FEBRAURAY 21, 2007

CASA RECEIVED-FEBRAURAY 26, 2007

PACKET 3 RECEIVED-MARCH 5, 2007

INTERVIEW DATE-APRIL 4, 2007

VISA RECEIVED- APRIL 12, 2007 WOO HOO!!!!

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

FILED AOS & EAD- JULY 24, 2007

EAD CARD RECEIVED-OCTOBER 3, 2007

GREENCARD INTERVIEW-DECEMBER 13, 2007

GREENCARD RECEIVED AFTER BEING LOST IN THE MAIL SENT BACK TO SERVICE CENTER AND REMAILED OUT AFTER SEVERAL PHONECALLS-JANUARY 25, 2008

FILING TO REMOVE CONDITIONS-SEPTEMBER 2009!

4621839_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

see below. let me know if interested, i'll send you the website.

i used this to call nessa, i took the 1 minute rounding plan. avoid the monthly or weekly fee ones if you can unless you deem it worthwhile financially. if it is worthwhile, their to a cell phone rate is 20 cents on the 3 minute rounding plan. this is a toll free call in the usa and then after you put in your pin number (it uses caller id to know it is you), you dial your number just like you normally would. you add money to the account via a credit card. i use $20 increments and such usually last me about 240 minutes.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Ive been using IDT for a long time and Im really happy with them. It's 18 cents a minute to Morocco, cell to cell, land to cell, or whatever. They round by the second, not by 3-minute increments like alot of the others. And you dont get charged until the other party actually picks up the phone. Go to http://www.idt.net and check out their Global Calling Cards (not the Penny Talk, though).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I totally suggest IDT as well. The only times my husband has ever had an issue is on a holiday. Other than that, it is great. Also...you can print out when you called and for how long (useful if you need it for proof of relationship).

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

As for why Morocco is more expensive than every other country to call...

My cousin is a telecommunications consultant and he worked in Morocco for a little while. He says the problem with Morocco is that there are so many middle men in the telecomm business and everyone wants to get their few cents off of your phone call, and the government has been resistant to any reforms, plus doing business in Morocco is a pain in the neck because there's so much red tape that companies don't really want to go there.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Ive been using IDT for a long time and Im really happy with them. It's 18 cents a minute to Morocco, cell to cell, land to cell, or whatever. They round by the second, not by 3-minute increments like alot of the others. And you dont get charged until the other party actually picks up the phone. Go to http://www.idt.net and check out their Global Calling Cards (not the Penny Talk, though).

I'm confused, and maybe I'm looking on the right page for IDT.net? Morocco is 18 cents a minute, but 29 cents for calling to cell phones. (I checked this link provided because I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative for calling a cell pone in Hungary. I speak every day, and the calling card charges and killing me. I haven't quite been able to find an answer to that question. I can find downright cheap rates for calling land lines in Hungary, but cell phones are always more expensive. I've seen it being more expensive to call cell phones, regardless of what country you're calling. Anyone know the answer to that? :wacko:

-P

Morocco 212 18¢

Morocco Cellular 212 29¢

Morocco,Casablanca 212 18¢

Morocco,Meknes 212 18¢

Morocco,Rabat 212 18¢

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.